2015 Lotus 97T Championship (Reserves always welcome)Full 

• Thread starter GT_Vette
  • 608 comments
Track limits are pretty cut and dry in my opinion, unless otherwise specified. Two wheels within the white lines at all times. Only exception would be if you get pushed wide by a competitor.

Provisional results for test race 1:

image.jpg
image.jpg

A good and clean first race. Format should work well once everyone gets a hang of it. Remember guys room opens at 17:30 BST, 18:30 UTC, 12:30 EDT. Q is one hour after that and race is 19:00 BST, 20:00 UTC, 14:00 EDT

Great Test Race! I couldn't do anything to keep the rythm. I qualified not so far from the top 3 but the race was horrible for me. My tyres dropped too quickly and I had to do 2 extra stops that caused me to lose a whole lap. Evo, Agro and arty were outstanding and UA was pretty fast and constant as well.

Too much to do to be able to be competivive...

Great Test Race! I couldn't do anything to keep the rythm. I qualified not so far from the top 3 but the race was horrible for me. My tyres dropped too quickly and I had to do 2 extra stops that caused me to lose a whole lap. Evo, Agro and arty were outstanding and UA was pretty fast and constant as well.

Too much to do to be able to be competivive...
You just need a bit more practice with this car. Thats the key to doing well in this car. Saving tires while going at a decent pace. Very tricky and takes some getting used to. Remember that a majority of the people your racing are lotus regulars. Many of us race this car in casual races pretty often.
sorry mate, intended to come but I was the only person in the house left to cook dinner :banghead:
No worries mate :) You can't just make everyone starve of coarse.

Notice to all participants:

Qualifying has moved forward to 18:20 BST, 19:20 UTC, 13:20 EDT to ensure that the race can start on schedule at 19:00 BST.

Unfortunately (again) I am unable to race tomorrow for the test races :(. Hopefully I can race when the season begins. Apologies for absence in both test races

Love the calendar, only tracks i don't really like is Grand Valley & Fuji

I hate Nurb Nord and I am wondering why since GP/F is on the calendar lol a sick joke at my expense!...... but apart from that the calendar looks great to me, all the rest are pretty wide tracks and will give good racing... Fuji - you won there a couple of weeks ago!

I hate Nurb Nord and I am wondering why since GP/F is on the calendar lol a sick joke at my expense!...... but apart from that the calendar looks great to me, all the rest are pretty wide tracks and will give good racing... Fuji - you won there a couple of weeks ago!

Nordschleife may be abit much, but i still dont like fuji, last sector is just understeer and wheelspin

Following yesterday's race, I 'm out for all the races of the championship. I am shocked to see that the participants are also stewards ... I see many drivers who don't respect track limits, and yesterday a steward who finish many time after me say to me i was a cheater ... Loool.... You know my freinds, i have no problems with penality because when penality are set to on, i finish every F1 races on the podium...But i think many people here have problems with real penality and they set the penality every time on off lol...

Good luck

Bye

Following yesterday's race, I 'm out for all the races of the championship. I am shocked to see that the participants are also stewards ... I see many drivers who don't respect track limits, and yesterday a steward who finish many time after me say to me i was a cheater ... Loool.... You know my freinds, i have no problems with penality because when penality are set to on, i finish every F1 races on the podium...But i think many people here have problems with real penality and they set the penality every time on off lol...

Good luck

Bye

There are things that need to be ironed out - that is why we are doing pre-season testing, there are problems but I know you like racing, and you're amongst friends here, the steward panel I hope is reviewed by peers so it should be fair too, I am sure you could become a steward to if you wanted, just don't go!

Things happen in races, it's not perfect (I was unhappy about T5 corner cutting and others mentioned about divebombing) but it's best to mention it and move on to the next race, the more experience people get with the car and racing with other drivers, the better it gets... I'm pretty sure there won't be any corner cutting or dive bombing, or so in the next race... even if they'll be a few talking points!

Race this sunday will be 55 laps. Rain looks likely for sunday, though light to moderate.

Track limits shouldn't be much of an issue at brands hatch, but it will still be harshly penalized if it happens on a repeated basis. Pit exit line must be obeyed.

Anyone who breaks track limits here or in the future, repeatedly, will be penalized. Being forced off track will be the fault of the other driver and will be looked at.

Most of you know the rules and know what is proper racing etiquette. All due care must be taken when trying to overtake. It is the responsibility of the overtaking car to make a clean pass, even if you are overtaking a lapped car.

Anyone who is about to be lapped, must try to give position in a reasonable fashion, to a lead car who is faster and about to lap you. Any incidents for a lapped car not giving way to a faster car a lap ahead will be looked at and reviewed.

Please report ANY incidents, small or large, you have during the race as it will be extremely helpful to all of the stewards reviewing said incident.

Please everyone review all of the rules before sunday. Know that these rules are in for a reason to provide order. We (the stewards) are watching you.

Anyone who has any history of connection problems, please be sure to first restart your router before turning on your ps3 and clearing your cache before entering the room. This is essential for people to see each other and start the race ON TIME.

Back