2015 NASCAR Thread - And then there was 1

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jahgee
  • 10,978 comments
  • 404,974 views
Bread and circuses. :crazy:

Kind of entertaining, though.
The Busch Brothers . . .

Give me stodgy old Carl Edwards any day. Especially when he flips. Or quiet Harvick.
 
RCR employee charged with selling stolen firesuits on eBay

Not that I have any proof, but I'm sure it was Dillon's. With the cache that 3 still brings and its connection to Richard Childress, I can't possibly imagine any of his teammates could fetch anywhere near the amount of money tis guy was hoping to get.
 
It was a medical issue beyond his control. It'd be alarming if they didn't grant him the eligibility, especially if someone like Tony Stewart can miss 3 races on his own personal decision and still have eligibility.

Vickers won't qualify anyway. Bowyer is the only one on that team that is capable of making it.
 
If Vickers could win a race while sharing a car with Mark Martin and Michael Waltrip two years ago, he could definitely win one race in 24 starts before the Chase.
 
If Vickers could win a race while sharing a car with Mark Martin and Michael Waltrip two years ago, he could definitely win one race in 24 starts before the Chase.
That team isn't as good now as it was then.
 
Jeff Gordon will run his last ever full season in 2015.
 
Wow.

I know that rumor has been flying around for a while but I figured he had another 5 years in him at least.
 
But if Gordon retires, what will everyone in the GTP NASCAR thread have to talk about?
 
You can only narrowly miss so many championships before giving in, and last year didn't help. Knew this was coming.
 
Man, I was hoping he'd stick around until he hit 100 career wins. Hopefully, he goes out on a tear and can dominate to get to that 100 win mark.
 
Man, I was hoping he'd stick around until he hit 100 career wins. Hopefully, he goes out on a tear and can dominate to get to that 100 win mark.
It sounds like he may continue racing part-time. If he pulls a Mark Martin and drives 99% of the schedule for the next few years he could still grab a number of wins.
 
Strangely ironic how I find this out after watching of all the cars getting sold, Jeff Gordon's car that he won his last Busch Series race in:

1-18_pepsi_gordoncar-1024x629.jpg



Will definitely be a hell of an adjustment, more so then drivers leaving their longtime teams to drive somewhere else.
 
I guess Chase Elliot is coming. I'd like to see Jeff do some IndyCar or sports car racing in the near future
He should come to the United Sportscar series. Would be cool to have him and a nice boost for the series.
 
Depends on if he still wants to drive and isn't retiring entirely from driving. If its just from NASCAR, then maybe. After all the schedule is easily more relaxed then NASCAR's weekly Marathon (though it does contain 4 races that are marathons within themselves). It'll definitely will also help in him being available.

Not too sure about Indycar. Sure he's been in an F1 car, but its hardly alike apart that its an Open Wheel car.
 
Depends on if he still wants to drive and isn't retiring entirely from driving. If its just from NASCAR, then maybe. After all the schedule is easily more relaxed then NASCAR's weekly Marathon (though it does contain 4 races that are marathons within themselves).
I think he'll do the Indy 500 before it's all said and done.

He raced the Rolex 24 with SunTrust/WTR in 2007 already, but I wouldn't count out a return with them or even a guest drive at an enduro with Corvette racing
 
If he were to, I realistically would think only Daytona and Watkins Glen as (apart from the boot section) he has enough miles and knowledge of those tracks.
 
If he were to, I realistically would think only Daytona and Watkins Glen as (apart from the boot section) he has enough miles and knowledge of those tracks.
I think the larger question will be what he can do in NASCAR this season and if he wants to race anything beyond this season, but I really want to see him behind the wheel whether it's NASCAR or not going forward 👍
 
Back in the ol'days when drivers wore leather helmets I believe Ford was considering backing Jeff in CART but GM saw the talent and couldnt resist that 'stache as a future rival to Dale Sr and stole him away from Ford.
 
Back