2015 NASCAR Thread - And then there was 1

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 10,978 comments
Proud father.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 32
I think this format is also complete B.S because they made this to screw Hendrick over. Look at Formula 1, Michael Schumacher kept winning championships and F1 was all up in a wad thinking the sport would get boring if he kept winning championships, so they made a new format to screw him and Scuderia Ferrari over! :grumpy:

Same scenario here. Hendrick has been winning championships in the 21st century since 2001 with Jeff Gordon, with the most being with Jimmie Johnson (my favorite driver) winning 5 straight championships from 2006-2010, then again in 2013. You can't tell NASCAR that Tony Stewart (Stewart-Haas) won in 2011 and Brad Keselowski (Penske) won in 2012, because they'll ignore you. :banghead:

NASCAR needs to go back to the old format and let Jimmie have a chance to tie or even break Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt's 7 championships and become one of the greatest drivers of all time.

I don't follow F1 but didn't Shumacher do some shady stuff a few times to get the championship?

Never anything worse than Senna or Prost did.
He "took" out Damon Hill for the championship in '94 I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Never anything worse than Senna or Prost did.
He "took" out Damon Hill for the championship in '94 I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I read up on Schumacher a little because I was curious of his condition a couple weeks ago. Seems that he wrecked a couple drivers that were competing with him in points to alter outcomes and also having at least a car for a season with illegal devices either traction or launch control. Red_bull_pro says the chase is to screw Hendrick. If the chase screws Hendrick Jimmie Johnson has 6 championships to thank for said screwing. Also, Jimmie got busted for cheating TODAY! I hate F1 to Nascar compairison but Schumacher cheated and got busted and won championships. So has Jimmie. Many times even. It's a horrible compairison.

I think this format is also complete B.S because they made this to screw Hendrick over. Look at Formula 1, Michael Schumacher kept winning championships and F1 was all up in a wad thinking the sport would get boring if he kept winning championships, so they made a new format to screw him and Scuderia Ferrari over! :grumpy:

Same scenario here. Hendrick has been winning championships in the 21st century since 2001 with Jeff Gordon, with the most being with Jimmie Johnson (my favorite driver) winning 5 straight championships from 2006-2010, then again in 2013. You can't tell NASCAR that Tony Stewart (Stewart-Haas) won in 2011 and Brad Keselowski (Penske) won in 2012, because they'll ignore you. :banghead:

NASCAR needs to go back to the old format and let Jimmie have a chance to tie or even break Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt's 7 championships and become one of the greatest drivers of all time.
:lol:

I read up on Schumacher a little because I was curious of his condition a couple weeks ago. Seems that he wrecked a couple drivers that were competing with him in points to alter outcomes and also having at least a car for a season with illegal devices either traction or launch control.

I fact checked myself
In '94 Schumacher wrecked Damon Hill to win the Championship
In '97 Schumacher attempted to wreck Jacques Villeneuve to win the Championship
Instead taking himself out and handing the title to Villeneuve who finished 3rd.
Regardless 2 weeks later Schumacher's results were disqualified.

As for the Launch and Traction Control, It could never be proven. However, multiple teams were accused of having that technology. Not just Schumacher and Benneton.

Back to NASCAR though

I was quite sad to see that last caution tonight, Was hoping to see Larson get his first Win. He was catching Keselowski at a ridiculous pace.

I fact checked myself
In '94 Schumacher wrecked Damon Hill to win the Championship
In '97 Schumacher attempted to wreck Jacques Villeneuve to win the Championship
Instead taking himself out and handing the title to Villeneuve who finished 3rd.
Regardless 2 weeks later Schumacher's results were disqualified.

As for the Launch and Traction Control, It could never be proven. However, multiple teams were accused of having that technology. Not just Schumacher and Benneton.

And then in 2002 in Austria he proved Ferrari, the FIA and Formula1 itself was an absolute joke. Just like the Chase.

And then in 2002 in Austria he proved Ferrari, the FIA and Formula1 itself was an absolute joke. Just like the Chase.

Wow, Somehow I forgot the Team order scandal. That's about the lowest point. Wasnt he already dominating the Championship when that occurred ?

Love how you worked the Chase in at the end there.
NASCAR may need some Aloe Vera for that Burn. Lol

I'm pretty sad I didn't get to see Jeff get the championship. He was always my favorite driver and one of the first drivers zi even knew about. There was a period in my life where I watched every race and always rooted for the 24. When JJ started winning his championships I gave up though.

Look at Formula 1, Michael Schumacher kept winning championships and F1 was all up in a wad thinking the sport would get boring if he kept winning championships, so they made a new format to screw him and Scuderia Ferrari over! :grumpy:
And what exactly was this new format?

I think this format is also complete B.S because they made this to screw Hendrick over.

Yeah, because he was totally dominating the first 26 races as well like his championship years, right?
Look at Formula 1, Michael Schumacher kept winning championships and F1 was all up in a wad thinking the sport would get boring if he kept winning championships, so they made a new format to screw him and Scuderia Ferrari over! :grumpy:

And what exactly was this new format?
This. Though I kind of think him deciding to retire was perhaps something to do with it? 💡

Same scenario here. Hendrick has been winning championships in the 21st century since 2001 with Jeff Gordon, with the most being with Jimmie Johnson (my favorite driver (WE CAN TELL)) winning 5 straight championships from 2006-2010, then again in 2013. You can't tell NASCAR that Tony Stewart (Stewart-Haas) won in 2011 and Brad Keselowski (Penske) won in 2012, because they'll ignore you. :banghead:

Okay then. I mean, oops.

Okay. Errr in the old format the following would have been champions - Driver in brackets is who would have won based on old system.

2004: Busch (Gordon)
2005: Stewart (Stewart)
2006: Johnson (Johnson)
2007: Johnson (Gordon)
2008: Johnson (Edwards)
2009: Johnson (Johnson)
2010: Johnson (Harvick)
2011: Stewart (Edwards)
2012: Keselowski (Keselowski)

Oh and under classic system Harvick was champion this year.

Okay. Errr in the old format the following would have been champions - Driver in brackets is who would have won based on old system.

2004: Busch (Gordon)
2005: Stewart (Stewart)
2006: Johnson (Johnson)
2007: Johnson (Gordon)
2008: Johnson (Edwards)
2009: Johnson (Johnson)
2010: Johnson (Harvick)
2011: Stewart (Edwards)
2012: Keselowski (Keselowski)

Oh and under classic system Harvick was champion this year.

Ok I understand that Jimmie won't win the championship every year but hey, at least give the guy a chance to make history.

Now I liked the system before this stupid playoff bracket system. Under the old chase system I believe that would be on most points so I would assume Logano would win because of him having the most wins, although Harvick would have a chance (correct me if I am wrong, I honestly don't know :confused:). Under the original system the chase started with you could be back there where you didn't need to fall back behind like don't fall behind 15th and you win the championship. That would be playing it safe. :cool:

I understand they want to make things more interesting by using a playoff to decide who wins the championship, but don't screw people over. I personally think that Jeff got screwed over last season because he was originally in the final 4 after the checkered flag but when they interviewed Newman he was in the final 4 and not Jeff, but people may have other opinions for it. Like the F1 scenario, this new playoff bracket system is utter B.S and was made to screw Hendrick over so they don't win any more championships, especially Jimmie Johnson. :rolleyes:

I think a playoff bracket would be best to go out of racing and stay within sports like football, baseball, and all that jazz. ;)

F1 has never had a playoff scenario. They had a double points race but by the time it was introduced, Schumacher had retired, came back and retired again.

Every time a motorsport debate gets interesting someone dumbs the whole thing down by bringing F1 to the conversation, just keep that disease away from me please,

Moving on...

What does this 4th place finish mean for the #78 and Truex?

RCR is really going to have to find some speed next year since the best car from them (either direct or a satellite) happened to be the 78. Since FRR is going to Toyota next year, they just lost their strongest team. I'd say that Truex might have a legit shot of winning it all next year with the JGR affiliation in 2016.

How Barrichello was told that he would be fired if he didn't give up the position to Schumacher

Actually no. He told in a interview here in Brazil the whole matter.

What happened is that in 2001 Austria GP he was 2nd and Schumacher was 3rd. Ferrari sent the team order to Rubens, which he accepted but without questioning to them: "What would happen if I was in 1st?" Ferrari answered that the positions wouldn't be switched.

Fast forward a year, and the scenario matched. Rubens 1st, Michael 2nd. Ferrari sent the team order, in which Barrichello remembered then about the same deal a year ago, and Ferrari maintained the order. He asked what Schumacher thought of that to which they replied: "He doesn't do the orders around here. Switch positions." Barrichello did that in the front straightway.

Schumacher didn't know about the team order. He thought they were supposed to go side by side for a photo finish. Before the podium Rubens told him everything, and then Michael made Rubens stand on the top of the podium. The 1st place trophy of the 2002 Austria GP is in Barrichello's home, while the 2nd place trophy is with Michael.

Actually no. He told in a interview here in Brazil the whole matter.

What happened is that in 2001 Austria GP he was 2nd and Schumacher was 3rd. Ferrari sent the team order to Rubens, which he accepted but without questioning to them: "What would happen if I was in 1st?" Ferrari answered that the positions wouldn't be switched.

Fast forward a year, and the scenario matched. Rubens 1st, Michael 2nd. Ferrari sent the team order, in which Barrichello remembered then about the same deal a year ago, and Ferrari maintained the order. He asked what Schumacher thought of that to which they replied: "He doesn't do the orders around here. Switch positions." Barrichello did that in the front straightway.

Schumacher didn't know about the team order. He thought they were supposed to go side by side for a photo finish. Before the podium Rubens told him everything, and then Michael made Rubens stand on the top of the podium. The 1st place trophy of the 2002 Austria GP is in Barrichello's home, while the 2nd place trophy is with Michael.
Cool I just hear so many conflicting stories about it. But this one makes the most sense.

Jesus you don't know what you're talking about.

I don't follow F1. However, that cute little post you made on my profile was funny. It's been reported as well as all the other profile posts you made to NASCAR fans over the last day. Stick to the F1 thread, junior.

I don't follow F1. However, that cute little post you made on my profile was funny. It's been reported as well as all the other profile posts you made to NASCAR fans over the last day. Stick to the F1 thread, junior.
Stop soiling the website with incorrect information.

I will say this-It's funny when fans of one form of motorsports say fans of another form are dumb trolls and then fans of said motorsport proceed to do exactly what they are accusing fans of the other motorsport. It goes both ways.

Back