2015 NASCAR Thread - And then there was 1

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 10,978 comments
Anyone seen Danica's '15 car yet? I've liked the GoDaddy livery's a lot in the past and maybe this look better once we see a picture of the actual car but ewww.

B25YY6PCEAEccx-.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to see how Chase Elliot does next season in the Xfinity series before someone gives him a full time Sprint Cup ride. He is still really young and as we know, Xfinity results do not directly relate to Cup results. I think he is an awesome racer. Put him in a Cup car for a couple races. Don't throw him to the dogs yet. See if he can win another championship on the same stage as last year.

I'd like to see how Chase Elliot does next season in the Xfinity series before someone gives him a full time Sprint Cup ride. He is still really young and as we know, Xfinity results do not directly relate to Cup results. I think he is an awesome racer. Put him in a Cup car for a couple races. Don't throw him to the dogs yet. See if he can win another championship on the same stage as last year.
The Xfinity series? Is that like the K&N Series?

As long as Gordon wins races, he's staying. When he slips into obscurity, then he'll make it a consideration.

I wouldn't be surprised if he bows out, especially if he narrowly misses another championship. I wouldn't blame him either.
That's what I was thinking. Between the keselowski disaster and losing the championship that way, I'm starting to believe that if he has one more disastrous season, it may be time for Gordon to leave at his "prime" rather than burning away like Bobby and Terry Labonte

Ps I'm starting to think that Hendrick re-signing Kasey Kahne was a mistake. Not only because of Chase Elliot, but the fact that I have to wait a little longer for Larson to join Hendrick

Anyone seen Danica's '15 car yet? I've liked the GoDaddy livery's a lot in the past and maybe this look better once we see a picture of the actual car but ewww.

B25YY6PCEAEccx-.jpg

It looks very 90's, which would be great if it wasn't for the fact it's a 2015 scheme...

I'm starting to believe that if he has one more disastrous season, it may be time for Gordon to leave at his "prime" rather than burning away like Bobby and Terry Labonte
I wouldn't exactly call 4 wins and a 6th place points finish a disastrous season. He could have had another 2008.

That congresswoman missed the whole point of "innocent until proven guilty". He hasn't been arrested and charged with anything so there was no need to push disciplinary action onto him.

The way I see it, Kurt's ex is looking for attention because she's upset the relationship ended and her lifestyle went south because of not being in a relationship with a rich, professional athlete. Also heard that less than a week later, there were no signs of any physical harm done to her. If what she claims is true, the bruising would have been there for more than a week, most likely.

I wouldn't exactly call 4 wins and a 6th place points finish a disastrous season. He could have had another 2008.
I was referring to next season.

That congresswoman missed the whole point of "innocent until proven guilty". He hasn't been arrested and charged with anything so there was no need to push disciplinary action onto him.

The way I see it, Kurt's ex is looking for attention because she's upset the relationship ended and her lifestyle went south because of not being in a relationship with a rich, professional athlete. Also heard that less than a week later, there were no signs of any physical harm done to her. If what she claims is true, the bruising would have been there for more than a week, most likely.

1. someone please feel free to make jokes about political parties/politicians. All I can say here is that this congressperson seems like a massive attention seeking dillweed. Kinda like Kurt Busch's ex by all accounts. Hmmmmmmmm.

2. @GTPorsche nailed it here

Exactly. NASCAR has even said that they won't take any action until the Dover Police have concluded their investigation. If anything, she needs to mind her own damn business before sticking her nose in something else.

That's exactly what I was thinking when it first came out and funny enough, it appears Marco Andretti Agrees.

In the congresswoman's defense, she is just following what seems to be the new trend.

When a athlete/celebrity gets accused of something, suspend/end/ruin their career BEFORE finding out if they are actually guilty of what they are being accused of.

Maybe she should focus on making people not hate Congress before she decides to try to get NASCAR to suspend Kurt Busch for allegations of Domestic Violence. We still don't even know the facts yet, so there isn't a reason to suspend or not suspend Kurt.

Anyway, in other news, Rex Stump has become the Technical Director for Stewart-Haas Racing. http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...-technical-director-hendrick-motorsports.html

Stump was heavily involved with Gordon and Johnson's success, but his biggest claim to fame is the legendary T-Rex Car.

If America was truly an innocent until proven guilty country there would be no reason to jail people suspected of crimes without bail while awaiting trial. What we learned in the history books is wrong.

If America was truly an innocent until proven guilty country there would be no reason to jail people suspected of crimes without bail while awaiting trial. What we learned in the history books is wrong.
The ones the judge deems to be flight risks can be held in jail while awaiting trial. There has to be probable cause as well as being a serious crime committed.

One cannot be jailed due to an accusation unless there is reason to believe they committed the crime. As of right now, there's not enough reason for the Dover PD to have Kurt arrested for what he has been alleged to do by his ex.

I don't believe the woman's story at all and haven't since day 1. I never thought she even had a case especially considering the timeframe. He met with investigators and wasn't arrested. That kind of shows you how this will play out. They obviously have nothing on him.

Yeah. Even if his denial ended up being a lie, which I highly doubt due to his story not changing and her story has, they have no actual evidence to go on. Even if she turned over supposed photos of the marks he is accused of leaving, the police cannot prove he made those marks since they can't extract needed evidence from a photo.

These allegations are serious and the thing that really sucks about them is the loss of reputation because even if the story is proven to be false, many will still pin him as an abuser. If that were the case, she deserves to be in jail and sued for defamation of character. You can't exactly get your reputation back even if the charges are dropped. There are many that will automatically assume she was truthful and Kurt got away with it. Even if proven otherwise. It doesn't add up to me.

NASCAR should suspend him for the next 10 weeks, not allowing him to participate in any Sprint Cup points races whatsoever during that time frame. That should teach him a lesson.

are you being serious or joking, I can't tell?

NASCAR should suspend him for the next 10 weeks, not allowing him to participate in any Sprint Cup points races whatsoever during that time frame. That should teach him a lesson.
I second that. No Xfinity races in that span either.

Back