2015 NASCAR Thread - And then there was 1

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 10,978 comments
Kurt Busch is banned from all NASCAR-sanctioned national series races until February 1st, 2015, in lieu of people asking us to make a significant response to an as-of-yet unproved accusation. We will not stand idly by while a moronic congresswoman asks us to suspend someone without merit - NASCAR.

In the congresswoman's defense, she is just following what seems to be the new trend.

When a athlete/celebrity gets accused of something, suspend/end/ruin their career BEFORE finding out if they are actually guilty of what they are being accused of.

An NFL footballer is suspended for disciplining his boy with a "switch".

Bill Cosby programming on TV is suspended due to allegations from long ago.

So your point is well taken. "New trends", as you say, are indicative of vast changes in culture. Only a few decades ago the morally questionable behavior of Presidents and other prominent people was systematically withheld from the people by the press. Evolution in our standards of rights, ethics and technology make all that a thing of the past.

An NFL footballer is suspended for disciplining his boy with a "switch".

Bill Cosby programming on TV is suspended due to allegations from long ago.

So your point is well taken. "New trends", as you say, are indicative of vast changes in culture. Only a few decades ago the morally questionable behavior of Presidents and other prominent people was systematically withheld from the people by the press. Evolution in our standards of rights, ethics and technology make all that a thing of the past.

Maybe trend wasn't the best word choice. Still agree with what others here have said about this congresswoman forgetting about "innocent until proven guilty" and wanting to punish Kurt even though he hasn't been found guilty.

Some updates-
-take this as you will but I've heard 2015 will be Gordon's last year.
-BK Racing is probably folding next year. They have been kicked out of their leased shop after Keselowski's truck team bought the property and moved themselves in.
-Both Bowman and Whitt were stiffed on their pay from BK and I doubt they'll be back.
-If Whitt takes the 34 as rumored expect Ragan to do some Cup races for RPM. Officials were high on him before finally choosing Hornish.
-UNOH Battle at the Beach will not be running in 2015 after UNOH pulled out. It was expected the races would be gone by 2016 regardless due to the tearing down of the back stretch.

Also- cannot say much about the Kurt Busch thing other then that Kurt's people knew a couple weeks before the public did, but will say that the bottom of the iceberg is larger and crazier than what's on the surface.

A BK Racing co-owner tweeted congratulations to Cole Whitt on landing the #34 ride at Front Row Motorsports for next season, but a Front Row Motorsports spokesperson said there are "no expected changes with the 34 car." David Ragan drove the #34 car this past season, finishing 32nd in points. Shari Spiewak, a spokesperson for Front Row Motorsports said Wednesday morning that it was anticipated that Ragan will be with the team again in 2015. "The team is working on getting its 2015 plans finalized and, hopefully, should be able to have everything buttoned up in a few weeks," Spiewak told Motor Racing Network. Ian Moye, a spokesperson for BK Racing, said that the team has not announced any of its drivers for next season. Whitt, JJ Yeley and Alex Bowman finished the season with the team this past year.(Motor Racing Network)(11-26-2014)

Some updates-
-take this as you will but I've heard 2015 will be Gordon's last year.
-BK Racing is probably folding next year. They have been kicked out of their leased shop after Keselowski's truck team bought the property and moved themselves in.
-Both Bowman and Whitt were stiffed on their pay from BK and I doubt they'll be back.
-If Whitt takes the 34 as rumored expect Ragan to do some Cup races for RPM. Officials were high on him before finally choosing Hornish.
-UNOH Battle at the Beach will not be running in 2015 after UNOH pulled out. It was expected the races would be gone by 2016 regardless due to the tearing down of the back stretch.

I'm curious where in the world do you get all this info? I'm not calling you out but some of it seems little iffy.

The first part isn't really surprising, I called it for awhile based on alot of factors but mainly the whole Chase only having one more year in a lower series. Hendrick isn't going to let him go anywhere else and Jeff is slowing down (not so much his talent but his lifestyle I believe).

BK Racing closing isn't a huge deal, they pretty much never gained anything and tried something else. They have TWO unpaid drivers now no longer with them that, why they did Cassill like that was beyond me as he is probably the biggest hidden gem in the garage. So now you have Truex who didn't get paid but was RPM (not sure if they paid him at all or not), but Whitt I believe was paid through Swan's minority owner. I have heard different reports about Bowman though and partly why I think he went to Jr to ask for some rides if at all possible.

Where have you heard about Brad moving his truck teams, I don't know where his shop is currently other than Mooresville but moving it to Statesville is a pretty good little hike to middle of no where (granted those shops are pretty big too).

I don't see Ragan leaving FRM, just seems too odd after all he has helped them do. I don't mind Whitt going to take over a ride but get Gilly out of that place.

The Battle at the Beach was a joke anyway, it should have always been held elsewhere!

He's got to warm up for the ROC somehow. A nice exhibition event in Italy would be just the thing to get that done at.

Busch has driven a similar car at Charlotte when GRC was in town. It's not completely the same but he gave it a good go.

News-TestFeatured.jpg

It must be said though that the car at Charlotte was prepared by Osbergs MSE (GRC) while the car he'll be in will be prepared by M-Sport (WRC).

Now that a racing series called V8 Supercars is going to allow engines that arent V8, when will NASCAR follow along? I cant even begin to imagine all the new manufacturer interest if they allow turbo powered V6s.

I believe V8 Supercars is also allowing the bodies to vary more. NASCAR has improved the front noses so they look more unique, but the rear of the cars and sides are still too similar from a Camry to a Fusion.

Just test them and BoP them until they're identical in pace

Now that a racing series called V8 Supercars is going to allow engines that arent V8, when will NASCAR follow along? I cant even begin to imagine all the new manufacturer interest if they allow turbo powered V6s.

I believe V8 Supercars is also allowing the bodies to vary more. NASCAR has improved the front noses so they look more unique, but the rear of the cars and sides are still too similar from a Camry to a Fusion.

Just test them and BoP them until they're identical in pace

V8's Supercars will more than likely change their name when that season comes up, it has changed names a few times over the years. I bet it will go back to Australian Supercars or Touring Cars.

Nascar has in the modern era ran with different engines in the same series, Busch did back in the 90's with V6's and V8's. The biggest difference was that a V8 is cheaper to build.

V8's Supercars will more than likely change their name when that season comes up, it has changed names a few times over the years. I bet it will go back to Australian Supercars or Touring Cars.

Nascar has in the modern era ran with different engines in the same series, Busch did back in the 90's with V6's and V8's. The biggest difference was that a V8 is cheaper to build.

You got to spend money to expand and grow.

I think everyone gets too caught up with the quality of on track racing as a determining factor of whether or not the series is going to grow they forget about the cars.

NASCAR is just recycling the same thing over and over again. I may criticize some of the choices F1 has made to its cars over the years but at least they're changing things up and trying to stay relevant. NASCAR is so lazy all they do is the easiest thing possible which is mess around with the points system to try and generate more excitement.

Any changes to the engine formula are to help costs, and not to attract more manufacturers

Last edited:
Now that a racing series called V8 Supercars is going to allow engines that arent V8, when will NASCAR follow along?

NASCAR is just recycling the same thing over and over again. I may criticize some of the choices F1 has made to its cars over the years but at least they're changing things up and trying to stay relevant. NASCAR is so lazy all they do is the easiest thing possible which is mess around with the points system to try and generate more excitement.

Unfortunately, I feel that right there answers your question.

That's why they stuck with carburetion over switching to ECUs and fuel injection for much longer than they should have. That's why they don't change the schedule. That's why the tires are still complete crap.

NASCAR is a good ol' boy sport. Never will they cater to the F1 crowd and if other manufacturers want to come on board like Honda, they will be chastised. People will automatically hate the idea of other foreign companies coming on board. Jack Roush will have a heart attack from being so concerned about the possibility that Japanese people can design a better stupid pushrod, overhead valve V8. Jr will still be everyone's favorite driver even if he finished dead last every race.

NASCAR is a good ol' boy sport. Never will they cater to the F1 crowd and if other manufacturers want to come on board like Honda, they will be chastised. People will automatically hate the idea of other foreign companies coming on board. Jack Roush will have a heart attack from being so concerned about the possibility that Japanese people can design a better stupid pushrod, overhead valve V8. Jr will still be everyone's favorite driver even if he finished dead last every race.
That would be the best thing if Honda, or better yet, Nissan with a V8 Altima...

And maybe Jaguar, and Ferrari, and Lamborghini, and Audi...

And they all come in and destroy Ford and Chevy..

Back