2015 NASCAR Thread - And then there was 1

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 10,978 comments
Well, the 20 car was leading at the time and it having Mortal Kombat on the hood, I thought you would have enjoyed that.
burns.jpg

People younger than I am are winning NASCAR Xfinity races. Meanwhile, I'm sitting in a chair watching said younger man win and wondering where I went wrong in life.

And the biggest shocker of last night's race: NASCAR didn't throw a "debris caution" as Erik Jones was coming to take the white flag as they did to Kurt Busch at California so their "chosen one" could win the race.

Porsche swept the front row in WEC qualifying, and SHR swept the front row in NASCAR qualifying. This weekend is looking good so far.

Edwards has gone 8 straight races without a top-10, the longest stretch in his career.

Either JGR wasn't ready for a 4th team or Edwards is just better suited for Roush... somehow.

Edwards is running 6th right now, and this race isn't over. If anything, it was that he needed to build chemistry with his new team, not that he was better suited for a different team.

Edwards has gone 8 straight races without a top-10, the longest stretch in his career.

Either JGR wasn't ready for a 4th team or Edwards is just better suited for Roush... somehow.
Whatever the case, at least Edwards is in a better situation. If this was last year, he wouldn't even be mentioned by now.

And as I type that, Bayne just got Roush some TV time for less-than-ideal reasons.

Biffle is the best of the Roush cars and he's 22nd... their changes got them nowhere.
But they did change it. They added a button for the driver:

motorpasioncom.jpg

Too bad it doesn't actually do anything.

On a side bar, McMurray's two-tire strategy worked with that caution... and then they lose four positions on pit road.

Went for a walk and only missed some cars turning left, a couple crashes, and a spin. So I guess I didn't miss much. The 51 sure put down a lot of fluid after that impact, though.

Allgaier basically just took a piss the the pix boxes of the leaders on his way to the garage.

Back