2015 New Series Gt300 Lexus IS350 500bhp open signups topicOpen 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 181 comments
I've had some time to think and unfortunately I have decided to pull out from this series.

I still think it will be a great season and I wish you all the best with running and competing in it, but I don't feel it's something I can commit to in the long term.

Best of luck everyone, hope to see you all on track again at some stage :)

I've had some time to think and unfortunately I have decided to pull out from this series.

I still think it will be a great season and I wish you all the best with running and competing in it, but I don't feel it's something I can commit to in the long term.

SHame to see you go PJ, but thanks.

Although I understand the numbers for the cars will be issued after 1st test day, I'd love to keep #99 I have on it currently :(

:( That's a shame. Keep an eye on the thread, you never know maybe the solutions to the current problems will draw you back in :cheers:

Time trial

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
We have a solution to the Qualyfying.

We will be running 2 rooms Time trial for all drivers at the same time,18.30 on race day.
Drivers for each time trial room will be listed here.
Time trials will take place with the weight penalties each driver has re current championship standings.
The time triail will be Race alone, penaties on and will be set to last 5 x a fast lap time rounded up to the minute.
Ie for Rome, as fast lap is 1.05 x 5 - 5.25 rounded up to six minutes.

After the time trial we will make 2 race rooms, race room 1 and 2 and call drivers into the relevant room based on their fastest lap time in the time trial.
This will mean the fastest 6 race in room 1 and 17th to 32nd race in room 2 with the relevant points for each room.

This now means no weekday qualy sessions and hopefully all will approve and it falls in line better for those drivers who were unhappy with the weekday qualy session.

Any comments guys please post them.

I will put exact details of this in the race regs and rules page later.

no that fine Smiley, it seem there are a couple of others that are not keen either for similar reasons.

We will find a way to do it before the race in a way that meakes it easier for everyone.

Watch out for new posts later.

You are the best :bowdown:

Are you still going 100% with room 2 can only get points to a maximum of 17th place?

Hypothetical question for you guys -

Driver A finishes race one in 1st place gets 32 points and maximum ballast. Cant qualify for room 1 in the second race because of the weight so wins room 2 and gets 16 points. 48 points overall.

Driver B finishes 8th and gets 25 points. In race 2 he is still in room 1 because his weight doesn't affect him as much and finishes 9th and gets 24 points. 49 points overall.

So driver A gets penalised twice because 1 he has maximum ballast and 2 he now can't score more than 16 points even though hes more than capable of making up more places in the 90 minute endurance race. Whereas driver B can hope people make mistakes and he will move up the room A points scale. Is this the fairest way?

I'm not really worried about it as i'm quite confident in my pace to be in room 1. Just seems a little unfair to me that's all.

Last edited:
Do you really think that 30kg between driver A and B can cause such earthquakes?

We tested and in most tracks up to 20kg the difference is more made in mistakes that actual weight. If you brought up the uber slow 32nd driver yes he would have a great chance to get a great Q session but things tend to even out after a race or two.

If the driver B is actually slower than driver A by a sensitive amount it might be both dropping to room 2, but trust all the test we did. Do you really think that a Room A winner would drop to Room B right away?

Also in any case remember that Weight is "standings" based and not "results" based, so the following week it would be harder for driver B than it was for Driver A before....

And as a side note, it was well demanded for all drivers to have a fair chance at great racing in close packs and the chance to win; This will certainly ensure great chances for all partecipating and make so that rooms will be mixed up along the rounds avoiding an actual 100% A serie and B serie.

I personally think this way is the best we can use to have a nice close battle race for both rooms, and i can't (and the other organizers too) think it's possible to do any better.

And i say this well aware that this way of Qualifying will SEVERELY hurt me being a slow averager that never shines in Q sessions.

So don't worry mate i'm sure you'll have a lot of great races in Room A ;) On the other hand i might get a podium in Room B every now and then :D

Do you really think that 30kg between driver A and B can cause such earthquakes?

We tested and in most tracks up to 20kg the difference is more made in mistakes that actual weight. If you brought up the uber slow 32nd driver yes he would have a great chance to get a great Q session but things tend to even out after a race or two.

If the driver B is actually slower than driver A by a sensitive amount it might be both dropping to room 2, but trust all the test we did. Do you really think that a Room A winner would drop to Room B right away?

Also in any case remember that Weight is "standings" based and not "results" based, so the following week it would be harder for driver B than it was for Driver A before....

And as a side note, it was well demanded for all drivers to have a fair chance at great racing in close packs and the chance to win; This will certainly ensure great chances for all partecipating and make so that rooms will be mixed up along the rounds avoiding an actual 100% A serie and B serie.

I personally think this way is the best we can use to have a nice close battle race for both rooms, and i can't (and the other organizers too) think it's possible to do any better.

And i say this well aware that this way of Qualifying will SEVERELY hurt me being a slow averager that never shines in Q sessions.

So don't worry mate i'm sure you'll have a lot of great races in Room A ;) On the other hand i might get a podium in Room B every now and then :D

I don't think it will cause that many problems lol all i was doing is pointing out possibly issues once the series start. I didn't know you have tested all weights and stuff. Hopefully it is close racing all season with some great battles.

Are you still going 100% with room 2 can only get points to a maximum of 17th place?

Driver A finishes race one in 1st place gets 32 points and maximum ballast. Cant qualify for room 1 in the second race because of the weight so wins room 2 and gets 16 points. 48 points overall.

Driver B finishes 8th and gets 25 points. In race 2 he is still in room 1 because his weight doesn't affect him as much and finishes 9th and gets 24 points. 49 points overall.

So driver A gets penalised twice because 1 he has maximum ballast and 2 he now can't score more than 16 points even though hes more than capable of making up more places in the 90 minute endurance race. Whereas driver B can hope people make mistakes and he will move up the room A points scale. Is this the fairest way?

I'm not really worried about it as i'm quite confident in my pace to be in room 1. Just seems a little unfair to me that's all.
I think in the practice ive not had top times then we raced i won 2 out ove the 3 we ran so as ive seen again people get a great seires gonig and get carried way with power goes to there heads and it breaks down in miunets PS prize money not going two make people just go along with bad idears

I like the sound of the current qualy session a time trail followed by the race. I think that the reason why its been so complicated is that, logi wants all drivers to have a fair shot at the 1.st prize. And if the rules would keep people from joining it would hurt the vision of a sponsored race series. Of cause im sorry to hear that pj is quiting but hopefully he will be back.

I think the time trail is a good idea but I am new and just thought I understood this a bit easier than the other @Stephen Vann I will have a race after my I had some food bout 8:30 ish if anyone on

I like the new quali idea :). In terms of 2 rooms I'm eager to see how it plays out, my only real issue was the seperate days of quali. Since @azidahaka has explained the 2 room situation better I feel it should work also :). Keen for close racing now!

Just making things a bit clearer.
Handicap weights are for the championship positions held rather than last race results.
This may happen in race 1 when the season starts, so the second race of the season would see the winning driver start the 2nd race time trial [ Qualy session ]
But the most weight ballast is not given to winning driver.
It is given to the leader in the championship points.
So each race the drivers in lower positions in the championship carry less ballast than guys at the top of the championship points standings.
So we are helping drivers who are lower down the championship.
However as kasrten has posted, the weight donsnt mean you cant win a race, it just will mean its a bit more difficult for the leaders in the standings to do well and a little easier for those lower in the championship to do well.
In fact in tests we have done a good driver with the heaviest car who makes no mistakes and has a perfect race should finish very close with a slower driver who makes no mistakes and has a perfect race.
If it apppears over the first few races that it is not working out as fair as we planned for all drivers then we may have to adust all the car weights each championship position runs at, but hopefully we have made a reasonable job of it so we will see.

The whole idea of a handicapped series is to make it as even as possible so all drivers have a chance of scoring points and fighting for the championship.
If we did not have handicaps the series would be over after the first 5 races as the fastest guys would be in uncatchable positions.

Let hope it all works out as planned.

Hi
Although I understand the numbers for the cars will be issued after 1st test day, I'd love to keep #99 I have on it currently :(

Gt, ideally all drivers would love to have their own numbers, however it may well be that there are several drivers may want the same number. In fairness to everyone i have suggested that i issue race numbers to all drivers after test race 1 based on performace.

If however all drivers find this unacceptable then i may have to let drivers have their chosen number, however there may be disputes over a chosen number, and i dont want this to be an issue for anyone.

Back