2015 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 512 comments
There's detail in gold running up the nose and across the sidepods.

Having read the comments from Helmut Marko, I suspect that he is trying to send a message to Franz Tost, following Tost's very public enthusiasm for a Renault buy-out - Mateschitz and Marko will no doubt want to remind him as to exactly who is paying the bills ...

Substantial livery changes need approval, either from the FIA, FOM, the other teams, or any combination thereof. They could probably get away with changing the gold elements to yellow without much fuss.

"Todd mixed up the paints with the local depot, sorry"

Speaking of Tost, I always liked him out of all the RB staffing between the two teams. He was always seemed like a good leader that was always likable. I think if Renault do get the chance to buy the team and they follow through, Tost will stay on board with them and jump ship from Red Bull. He's a good guy and I think that type of serious leadership is what Renault need to get back to winning especially as a manufacture team if indeed they come back.

The problem that Renault face is that Red Bull won't want to cast off Toro Rosso, only to then have Toro Rosso supersede them as a team because they have the benefit of direct manufacturer support, unless they're looking to sell both teams, either to the same buyer or to different ones. It's a bit complex, but I think the most likely outcome is that Red Bull sell Toro Rosso, but put the prominent Renault branding on their cars - maybe moving Infiniti to Toro Rosso - until such time as Renault build the team up to their liking or the engine supply contract expires, whichever comes first.

Back