2015 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 512 comments
United States
Louisville, KY
ukfan758
The second round of the FIA Formula One world championship is here, at the Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia. @tribolik and others wondering, the Grand prix weekend dates are the 27-29 of March.
image.jpg

FIRST GRAND PRIX

NUMBER OF LAPS

CIRCUIT LENGTH
5.543KM

RACE DISTANCE
310.408KM

LAP RECORD
1:34.223 - Juan Pablo Montoya (2004)

SELECT CHANNELS BROADCASTING:

United Kingdom: BBC

United States: NBCSN

Australia: FOX SPORTS

France: Canal +

Germany: RTL and Sky Sports?

2014 Race Results:

1 HAM
2 ROS
3 VET
4 ALO
5 HUL
6 BUT
7 MAS
8 BOT
9 MAG
10 KVY
11 GRO
12 RAI
13 KOB
14 ERI
15 CHI
RT RIC
RT GUT
RT SUT
RT VER
RT BIA
RT MAL
DNS PER

Current Standings:

Drivers:
image.jpg

Constructors:
image.jpg

10 Marussia Ferrari :sly:
(Data taken from Stats on Nbc Sports)

Last edited:
Well as of now, they expect rain on Friday- Sunday during track time. Whole weekend with a nearly "green" track and changing conditions sounds fun. Just remember the 2001 race...that was one to remember! Hope Kimi can show his skills when it's raining!

I hope verstappen Jr. can repeat his dad, some fantastic racing from 2001 (and commentary).

That was seriously amazing....and I thought the 2013 race was entertaining (because of all the drama- Alonso running over his own wing, Force India's flaming pit stops, the rain, Vettel being a poor sport and overtaking Webber while he was down, etc.).

I want this race to be appallingly wet, let's see who or what car is the best in wet weather conditions.

Still Mercedes because they have the best down force and engine...

Look at the trap speeds and avg speeds, they're down on top speed due to having more down force than others.

I want this race to be appallingly wet, let's see who or what car is the best in wet weather conditions.

Not too wet please,than we could drive behind the safetycar for half the race...hoping for light showers wich come and go,so lots of pitstops,wrong tyre choises etc etc...

:cheers:

Spy.

Adrian Newey "is lying", according to the Renault engine boss. He points out the inherent rear-end instability isn't helping development and that Newey has spent his career blaming engine partners.

Sacre bleu.

Well, seems like Red Bull bought their own VTT (Virtual Test Track) test stand. Only Honda and Mercedes have such a big (and very expensive) test stand. It is used to test the motor together with the transmission and chassis. To own such a monster only makes sense if you develop your own engines according to auto-motor-und-sport.de...

I don't recall Adrian Newey being someone who has criticised his engine partners over time; with Williams he had an excellent run with Renault (har-har) and McLaren had top Mercedes engines for the 8 years he was there. He's never said things like that in publicly, anyway. I don't really recall Adrian Newey saying much ever.

Last edited:
I don't recall Adrian Newey being someone who has criticised his engine partners over time; with Williams he had an excellent run with Renault (har-har) and McLaren had top Mercedes engines for the 8 years he was there. He's never said things like that in publicly, anyway. I don't really recall Adrian Newey saying much ever.

Wasn't it Mercedes who faulted his chassis's designs whilst at Mclaren for the unreliability that plagued Hakkinen from 99 til Raikonnen in 2005?

Back