2015 Rolex Australian Grand Prix

Looks like the wind tunnel prototype

B_22TW0VAAAbEX-.jpg

OecgC8o.jpg

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaaaaand it's gone.

At least Manor look as if they have at least one sponsor.

McLaren's promised livery change was just glitter in the sidepod paint 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

I'm spewing my thoughts on FP1 over on my Facebook page (Link in my sig), and I shall do the same here!

*LIVE BLOG* Formula One: Melbourne FP1.

1:35am: As the sun shines in Australia, the 2015 Formula One season gets underway. Kevin Magnussen is out on track within the first three minutes, and I'm sure that everyone will be focusing on McLaren's progress today.

1:37am: Manor are not going to run in FP1, and may not run in FP2. Their race participation is not guaranteed either - it would be a shame to see them miss the race after the effort they've made to get here.

1:57am: I have to agree with David Croft. I don't like the fact that the Sauber issues have spilled over onto the race track, with Sauber not going out on track to avoid further legal issues. If Van Der Garde has paid for his seat and has a contract, then it's obvious Sauber are in the wrong here - However, I'd question how easy it'd be for the team to work with him after this legal turmoil.

It must be difficult for everyone in that situation; things shouldn't be so uncertain so late on.

2:05am: It's very sad to see Jolyon Palmer stuck in the Lotus garage after winning the GP2 Championship. I'd be okay with seeing a team run a third car to give the champion of the premier feeder series a spot on the grid...

2:25am: Ted Kravitz is interviewing Max Verstappen... That boy speaks great English! Also, the fact someone mere months older than me is in F1 makes me realise I'm not a child anymore.

2:28am:
Obvious is the wrong word (and this is the wrong thread, I guess). Presumable, definitely... but we have a fraction of the true detail that makes Sauber feel they're right.

Agreed, however, I find it very difficult to think of something that'd give them a case, unless terms such as 'race seat' were not used. I don't like the situation, but I'm very interested to see how it concludes.

2:30am: Daniel Ricciardo goes for a spin at the penultimate corner, clipping the grass on entry.

2:32am: Ricciardo says his car feels very 'aggressive'.

2:54am: My goodness me... This session has disappeared fast.

3:00am: As the session comes to an end, and the new virtual safety car system is tested, I take the Sky Sports F1 "Which driver are you?" quiz...

"Do you share a love of Sushi, blondes and a good selfie too?"
Fried Chicken, Brunettes and no photographs, actually.

3:05am: I will not be about for the majority of FP2, since I do feel I need some sleep before college. Expect to see me back during the weekend, though...

Last edited:
IIf Van Der Garde has paid for his seat and has a contract, then it's obvious Sauber are in the wrong here - However, I'd question how easy it'd be for the team to work with him after this legal turmoil.

Obvious is the wrong word (and this is the wrong thread, I guess). Presumable, definitely... but we have a fraction of the true detail that makes Sauber feel they're right.

Their hole defense strategy is based on safety and lack of super license and propper shaped sit fot Van Der Garde. There are reports of laughing on the court when they said that. Not a word about the contract. Of course they are wrong. They signed with three drivers being able to hold only two.

Stupid cricket world being broadcasted in 2 different channels here in India.No F1 coverage until Sunday :(

For the U.S. fans in here:

2015 Australian GP US TV:
Date
Coverage Time Network

Thurs., March 12 F1 Australian Grand Prix – Practice 1 9:30 p.m. NBC Sports Live Extra
Fri., March 13 F1 Australian Grand Prix – Practice 1 12:30 a.m. NBCSN
F1 Australian Grand Prix – Practice 2 1:30 a.m. NBCSN
F1 Australian Grand Prix – Practice 3 11 p.m. NBC Sports Live Extra
Sat., March 14 F1 Australian Grand Prix – Practice 3 12:30 a.m. NBCSN
F1 Australian Grand Prix – Qualifying 2 a.m. NBCSN
Mercedes: Race to Repeat (Encore) 11 p.m. NBCSN
Sun., March 15 F1 Countdown 12 a.m. NBCSN
F1 Australian Grand Prix 12:30 a.m. NBCSN
F1 Extra 3 a.m. NBCSN
F1 Australian Grand Prix (Encore) 6 a.m. NBCSN
F1 Australian Grand Prix (Encore) 4 p.m. NBCSN
F1 Extra (Encore) 6:30 p.m. NBCSN

2015 FORMULA ONE SCHEDULE
Date
Grand Prix Time Network
Sun., March 15 Australian Grand Prix 12:30 a.m. NBCSN
Sun., March 29 Malaysian Grand Prix 2:30 a.m. NBCSN
Sun., April 12 Chinese Grand Prix 1:30 a.m. NBCSN
Sun., April 19 Bahrain Grand Prix 10:30 a.m. NBCSN
Sun., May 10 Spanish Grand Prix 7:30 a.m. NBCSN
Sun., May 24 Monaco Grand Prix 7:30 a.m. NBC
Sun., June 7 Canadian Grand Prix 2 p.m. NBC
Sun., June 21 Austrian Grand Prix 7:30 a.m. NBCSN
Sun., July 5 British Grand Prix 7:30 a.m. CNBC
Sun., July 19 German Grand Prix 7:30 a.m. CNBC
Sun., July 27 Hungarian Grand Prix 7:30 a.m. CNBC
Sun., Aug. 23 Belgian Grand Prix 7:30 a.m. NBCSN
Sun., Sept. 6 Italian Grand Prix 7:30 a.m. NBCSN
Sun., Sept. 20 Singapore Grand Prix 7:30 a.m. NBCSN
Sun., Sept. 27 Japanese Grand Prix 12:30 a.m. NBCSN
Sun., Oct. 11 Russian Grand Prix 6:30 a.m. NBCSN
Sun., Oct. 26 United States Grand Prix 2:30 p.m. NBC
Sun., Nov. 1 Mexican Grand Prix 1:30 p.m. NBC
Sun., Nov. 15 Brazilian Grand Prix 10:30 a.m. NBCSN
Sun., Nov. 29 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Finally posting here and will try to keep up even though I'm in the US.

I get out of work at midnight sometimes and this weekend it works out perfectly because I can watch FP2 and FP3 on NBCSN. I know... I know... Sky is better, but my computer isn't good enough to stream that well.

May I ask why? I don't see anywhere in the Motorsport forum guidelines or the AUP anything about it. I've seen people post streams before. :confused:
Illegal streams are against the AUP. It's taken very seriously.

Back