2015 Rolex Australian Grand Prix

Formula 1 is that exclusive that the online streams are only available after paying for them? That's a bit snooty.

I recall streaming TUDOR IMSA races on their website, heck the 24H Daytona and not paying to watch. I have a cable subscription that I pay monthly but I didn't have to pay through the website. maybe I'm missing something

I recall streaming TUDOR IMSA races on their website, heck the 24H Daytona and not paying to watch. I have a cable subscription that I pay monthly but I didn't have to pay through the website. maybe I'm missing something
Any channel that broadcasts F1 only has paid streaming services through cable provider, but you have to have the package that includes the channel to watch it online.

I like the new graphics. They're nice and clear.
I'm finding the opposite at the minute. Too small, too minimalist, each box is either too spread out with too small a font to be immediately legible (it took me 3 or 4 goes to read one of the driver captions), or, like the countdown clock, is bunched up and difficult to distinguish at first glance.

Still early, but it looks like Ferrari might be competitive once again.

Then again, Mercedes probably hasn't hit full force yet, and I missed FP1 so I haven't seen those times.

Ferrari look to be in the place Red Bull were last year. Not Merc pace, but comfortably competing against the likes of Williams for the second fastest team.

I like the new graphics. They're nice and clear.
No way, they're awful.

Whoever decided to remove the 3-letter-name leaderboard on the side of the screen needs to be taken into a dark room and slapped. It is an appalling idea. Why remove a graphic that helps people keep up to date with what's going on in the session. The on-screen graphics last year were fantastic. If this one doesn't have the rolling leaderboard on the bottom of the screen for the whole race, it will confirm how bad it is.

The backgrounds for the words need to be solid, not transparent, so we can see what it says regardless of the camera view.

Also, why is the new timer off-centre?

Also, why is the new timer off-centre?
Because minimalism and it's so edgy. This just looks like someone opened up a text box in Powerpoint, picked the least inspiring font possible, and made the background transparent. Easy peasy, there's some "modern" graphic design.

I can not picture F1 cars going across the Harbour Bridge. I can see them going across the Brooklyn Bridge and making a U-turn at the Supreme Court building before it ever leaves Melbourne.

Whoever decided to remove the 3-letter-name leaderboard on the side of the screen needs to be taken into a dark room and slapped. It is an appalling idea. Why remove a graphic that helps people keep up to date with what's going on in the session.
What are you talking about? It's still there - it's bigger and easier to read than last year.

It was back for FP2.

2oBVHGW.jpg

Back