2015 Rolex Australian Grand Prix

So where are you going today Dave
to Albert Park steve for the F1
oh are they racing today?
Nah they just drive around
sounds fun Dave
Shut up Steve

To be fair, it was a nice day to sit in the sun on a hillside and get drunk.

The fast cars going around are just a bonus. You can only see one or two corners at best anyway, so even if it was the most exciting race ever chances are you're not gonna see any of it.

If you were watching on TV, probably boring as. If you were watching from a grassy knoll, whether it was exciting or not made little difference.

The best bit was the McLaren making farty noises every time it went past. :P

Silly question: is Australia the only country that got the ridiculously over-produced introduction video with the contextually-inappropriate poem narrated over it, or is that now a part of the world feed?

They are willing to give her Friday sessions but not a race seat when required.

There is obvious financial interests involved.

Suzie hasn't shown anything to me in her entire career that tells me she is anywhere near F1 Quality. But for 1 race I would still give her a shot, Given she is atleast Familiar with the car.

I'm not denying there isn't, but once again don't be so sure like you seem to be. One side is going to see it your way and that's fine because it does make sense. While another side is going to see it as F1 politics and how women are treated in F1 in regards to racing.

Feel like the unpopular opinion puffin in this thread. Here's all of my unpopular opinions in one place for those who want to judge for themselves;

- Croft and Brundle are horrendously biased and I prefer the Australian commentators over them.

- FIA stewards frequently blame the wrong driver for collisions because of extremely flawed rules.

- Said flawed rules also allow Lewis Hamilton to drive like a thug and get away with it because of tarmac run-off.

- Kvyat will be disappointingly average at Red Bull and eventually get dropped for Sainz or Verstappen.

- The new engine sounds are better. Less going deaf in both ears.

- My life is being ruined by people disagreeing with me on the internet.

They are willing to give her Friday sessions but not a race seat when required.

There is obvious financial interests involved.

Where is the requirement, and do you think being a minority shareholder-in-law is such a "financial interest"?

Good race overall, I thought :D

Feel like the unpopular opinion puffin in this thread. Here's all of my unpopular opinions in one place for those who want to judge for themselves;

- Croft and Brundle are horrendously biased and I prefer the Australian commentators over them.

Meh. Maybe. Everyone has their biases.

- FIA stewards frequently blame the wrong driver for collisions because of extremely flawed rules.

Sometimes yes, frequently, no. If you know the rules, you drive within them. If you don't, that's not the stewards' fault.

- Said flawed rules also allow Lewis Hamilton to drive like a thug and get away with it because of tarmac run-off.

No.

http://topgear.com.ph/news/racing-n...vertake-and-defend-your-position-in-formula-1

It's worth noting all the top drivers have practiced aggressive defense on corner exit at one point or another. The only time it's ever penalized is if it's on the straight or in a long, constant radius corner, such as at Monza.

- Kvyat will be disappointingly average at Red Bull and eventually get dropped for Sainz or Verstappen.

Most likely.

- The new engine sounds are better. Less going deaf in both ears.

I quite like it myself.

- My life is being ruined by people disagreeing with me on the internet.

Welcome to the internet. First rule of the internet: Nobody agrees with anybody on the internet.

Welcome to the internet. First rule of the internet: Nobody agrees with anybody on the internet.

Says you. Not everybody thinks that.

You can get a lot of unsubstantial likes and "hearts" if you play your cards right and play directly to the audience. ;)

Missed this race as well...needing sleep from travelling all day. Thanks for the play-by-play, everyone!

So seems the supposed pinnacle of world motorsport threw up a boring race at Melbourne. When Melbourne is boring, you know the season might be in trouble. Yawn, good job Lewis.

Not ruling the whole season as dull just yet. I found AUS 2014 to be boring, but after that was some very exciting racing.

I'm no detective, but reading between the lines of these two points suggests that your judgement is skewed because you don't like Hamilton.

So seems the supposed pinnacle of world motorsport threw up a boring race at Melbourne. When Melbourne is boring, you know the season might be in trouble. Yawn, good job Lewis.

You know, I'd say about a third of the opening races are a bit dull; we're usually so giddy with excitement that the new season has dawned, so we kind of forgive it.

But you have a lot of the ingredients for a dull race: one team runs away with it, one driver from said team distances himself from second place, a weak grid, missing drivers...but it seems some of the rookies made things interesting. Two first-time drivers scored points on their debut, although I guess that's a lot more common now.

You can get a lot of unsubstantial likes and "hearts" if you play your cards right and play directly to the audience. ;)

Missed this race as well...needing sleep from travelling all day. Thanks for the play-by-play, everyone!

Hey everyone please like my comment I really am a likeable person. I hardly get any likes :P.

If Nasr keeps peforming well this season in a Sauber I could see him replacing Jenson next season I think Jeson should retire from f1.

Croft and Brundle are horrendously biased and I prefer the Australian commentators over them.
You mean you haven't noticed Channel 10's bias towards Ricciardo and Webber before him? And don't get me started on Alan Jones' completely obvious preference towards Rosberg over the last year and a bit of the Mercedes dominance.

Anyway, wasn't the most exciting race today but I'm happy my favourite team got off to a good start (like that wasn't expected though). Both Hamilton and Rosberg drove very well today, Hamilton seemed to have a bit more in him today but Rosberg wasn't far off at all.

Vettel did well to come out on top of the Williams/Ferrari battle, but that was cut short by the first lap incident and eventually Raikkonen's retirement. Massa looked quite strong in the beginning but it seems like Williams' long run pace wasn't quite on the same level as Ferrari's this weekend. I'm hoping Williams make a strong comeback in Malaysia, this time with both cars fighting for the third step of the podium on race day.

Down the order, it was great to see the Toro Rosso young guns going so strong, it's a shame how the race panned out for both of them though. I'm already a big fan of those two, they've both got strong future's ahead of them.

Nasr was another stand out, I had no doubt he would be strong this weekend and it was such a relief to see Sauber back in the points.

And I guess McLaren did well to get at least one car home to the finish line. That's a big improvement but they've still got a long way to go.

Last edited:
You mean you haven't noticed Channel 10's bias towards Ricciardo and Webber before him? And don't get me started on Alan Jones' completely obvious preference towards Rosberg over the last year and a bit of the Mercedes dominance.

Channel 10s coverage is shockingly bad, only Webber saves it who is excellent with unrivaled knowledge, but is working with Bell*nds.

Hey everyone please like my comment I really am a likeable person. I hardly get any likes :P.

If Nasr keeps peforming well this season in a Sauber I could see him replacing Jenson next season I think Jeson should retire from f1.

Why would he want to do that, Besides I can see him as the obvious Massa Successor at Williams.

Channel 10's F1 advertisements show horrendous bias towards Ricciardo to the point of making me want to puke. But the commentary itself isn't any more biased than you would expect from a broadcast only shown in Australia. At least they don't flat out lie by claiming that Hamilton has huge fan support in the USA and that the crowd were 'cheering wildly' when he took the lead there last season...

Channel 10's F1 advertisements show horrendous bias towards Ricciardo to the point of making me want to puke. But the commentary itself isn't any more biased than you would expect from a broadcast only shown in Australia. At least they don't flat out lie by claiming that Hamilton has huge fan support in the USA and that the crowd were 'cheering wildly' when he took the lead there last season...
I'm sure they could hear it better than you, being there and all.

Lewis is now 5 race wins from equalling Vettel's record and 7 from Senna

Only 15 cars took the start!

Ignoring the fiasco at indianapolis '05, it's been a long, long time since fewer than 15 cars took the start.

Back