2015 Rolex Australian Grand Prix

They could have done zero changes to the car except for necessary regulation changes and still have the same gap.

They could have done zero changes to the car except for necessary regulation changes and still have the same gap.

Not really, Hamilton's Q1 time last year was the same as the McLaren's this year, just about, they're only 3s off the all-time lap record.

Verstappen looks impressive, I hope he's just as good with other cars around him :D

Nasr beating Ericsson is no surprise tbh, he is a GP2 front runner.
It's not that he beat him, it's the gap. The far more experienced Kobayashi rarely had this gap over a rookie Ericsson.

Nasr looking very strong. Outqualifying four drivers in faster cars and so close to Maldonado, just missed Q3. Happy nevertheless. :D

Will Stevens says "we fink we've got a few gremlins what are holding us back". Let's hope he doesn't do too many interviews this season.

It's not that he beat him, it's the gap. The far more experienced Kobayashi rarely had this gap over a rookie Ericsson.

Nasr looking very strong. Outqualifying four drivers in faster cars and so close to Maldonado, just missed Q3. :D
Not sure about faster cars though, Ericsson is a terrible benchmark, Kobayashi was out qualifying him by over a second most of last year as well.

Not sure about faster cars though, Ericsson is a terrible benchmark, Kobayashi was out qualifying him by over a second most of last year as well.
Kobayashi outqualified Ericsson by over a second on 4 occasions (China, Monaco, Hungary, Singapore) last year. Not quite "most of last year".

4/20 is not most or even plenty.

And of the 6 races where both cars finished Kobayashi beat Ericsson in all-but-one (although they didn't race in the last 3 of the season).

Great quali, Mercedes' opponents probably wondered why they bothered today.

Ricciardo only half a second back from the Williams and ferrari's, not bad given the obvious drivability issues that need to be sorted.

Mercedes are soo gone it's not funny.

The STR driver battle will be interesting, yes you have two rookies but both are Quality Rookies who will likely go far in this sport.

Glad for Vettel, My money is on him now to get the podium.

Really hope somehow the teams eventually catch mercedes but that looks impossible now :(

Hamilton is killing it today! Great lap. Rosberg wasn't really looking comfortable all day so I didn't expect him to be on pole, but I really didn't expect him to be six tenths off.

Happy to see Massa pop up into third, great effort there. I think this battle between Ferrari and Williams this year is going to brevet exciting, I can't wait to see it all pan out.

Also, I didn't expect the Toro Rosso guys to be so quick, so they were probably the biggest surprise for me. Definitely a lot of talent in that stable (as in the whole team itself).

Mercedes will blow everyone away tomorrow (and I'm quite content with that :P) but the race for third onwards could be very thrilling. Bring on the race!

Well done on Lewis, great margin to be on pole position by 👍.

That is essentially saying all the work they did was for no reason which I doubt, maybe last year car would have been very competitive but this year they have stepped up the game even further. Mercedes seemed really impressed with the gains they found so I think they are impressed how others have done also a quite good job not to be completely annihilated.

Not really, Hamilton's Q1 time last year was the same as the McLaren's this year, just about, they're only 3s off the all-time lap record.

Verstappen looks impressive, I hope he's just as good with other cars around him :D
That was when the conditions weren't ideal, I think it started raining and don't think the best tyre was used and also not the fully developed 2014 car. Even McLaren last year in Q1 with Jenson beat Lewis 2014 Q1 time (Even 2015 McLaren was faster than Lewis Q1 2014) and this years time and Kevin in Q1 2014 was even faster. I think McLaren have very high chance of improving by the biggest margin from start of 2015 to end of the season.

Back