2015 Rolex Australian Grand Prix

I was talking about Channel 10 in Australia.

But honestly Webbers Knowledge trumps all.
Yeh but the knowledge doesn't cover everything. You need a guy who is charismatic to keep people up to date with the track action as well.

That is why people love Brundle. He fills both roles very well.

Yeh but the knowledge doesn't cover everything. You need a guy who is charismatic to keep people up to date with the track action as well.

That is why people love Brundle. He fills both roles very well.
Brundle doesn't really do that, he is mainly there as the expert, Webber does that really well and would be perfect alongside Brundle imo.

NBC has FOX's old team of Steve Matchett, David Hobbs, and Leigh Diffy. Bob Varsha stayed with FOX and I'm glad. He was worse than an everyman. He was dumbing everything down so much and it just wasn't needed.

But Hobbs and Matchett are great. An ex-driver who drove since the 60s with knowledge of older layouts and how the tracks have changed to what they are now; and an ex-engineer who worked on Beneton when Schumacher was on the team. It's great having those two explain things to me.

Brundle doesn't really do that, he is mainly there as the expert, Webber does that really well and would be perfect alongside Brundle imo.
The BBC experimented with that, putting Brundle alongside Coulthard with some mixed results. Brundle was clearly more comfortable with commentary in general, and could switch roles with ease - which he had to do a lot to begin with, as Coulthard took a long time to settle in. So I'm not sure that Brundle and Webber would be a perfect match.

So he's only doing it until April?
I'm pretty sure he's only doing it here. We get blanket coverage of our own race, but once the championship move on to Malaysia, we only get a half-hour pre-show ahead of qualifying and the race, and we use the world feed for both.

Gotcha. Still pretty cool to have a current motorsport driver and recent ex-F1 driver talk about the race and stuff.

Oh, good. Matthew White is going to try and call the entire session. A man who can't even pronounce half the driver names - like "Kiffy-hat" and "Nez-rur". Because why should we have experts like Martin Brundle when we can have a man more interested in his media profile? I'd rather have Rob Sitch in character as Mike Moore anchoring the coverage.

Manor (Marussia) is still getting the car sorted out before it can even run a lap to see if everything's even working. So pointless to have them exist. Just mobile chicanes.

@DesertPenguin09 really hope they will, it was just a reference to when I said here they're off pace and got told that "it was only testing"

Thought Sauber would be faster, serves them right after the VDG fiasco.

The BBC experimented with that, putting Brundle alongside Coulthard with some mixed results. Brundle was clearly more comfortable with commentary in general, and could switch roles with ease - which he had to do a lot to begin with, as Coulthard took a long time to settle in. So I'm not sure that Brundle and Webber would be a perfect match.

Coulthard's a lot better now than he was (he's co-pilot on the Beeb feed, such as it is) but Brundle/Coulthard were certainly awkward times.

Meanwhile, in a very quiet McLaren motorhome Ron''s drafting another of his dreadful motivational statements while his top lip twitches uncontrollably :D

@sems4arsenal... it was only testing ;)

NBCSN dropped the stat saying the last time McLaren was knocked out in Q1 was 2009. Ouch.
Button was knocked out during Q1 in Britain 2012. Last time both McLarens were knocked out of Q1 was in 2009 I believe with the dog a car they had at the beginning of the season.

Nasr outqualifying his experienced teammate by a second in his first race. Not bad for a talentless pay driver.

Also well ahead of his former F3 rival Kevin Magnussen. Thought Honda would be a bit better by now.

Button was knocked out during Q1 in Britain 2012. Last time both McLarens were knocked out of Q1 was in 2009 with the dog a car they had at the beginning of the season.
The last time they had the slowest car on the grid is never though.

Nasr outqualifying his experienced teammate by a second in his first race. Not bad for a talentless pay driver.

Also well ahead of his former F3 rival Kevin Magnussen. Thought Honda would be a bit better by now.
Nasr beating Ericsson is no surprise tbh, he is a GP2 front runner.

Ron Dennis has ordered the factory workers to unbolt the engines out of the MP4-4s in Woking because hey, they probably can't do much worse.

*sarcasm.

Back