2015 Rugby World Cup

• Thread starter MUSC4EVER
  • 121 comments
England vs Australia

Game. On.

_85863800_poola.jpg

If Australia beat England then Wales are through but if England win then chances are that we need to beat the Aussies..

Didn't watch the game as I was at work last night but will catch some highlights later, I've read in the papers that England were crap, its great news for Wales of course but if we get second in the group then its most likely we face New Zealand in the quarter finals..

Didn't watch the game as I was at work last night but will catch some highlights later, I've read in the papers that England were crap, its great news for Wales of course but if we get second in the group then its most likely we face New Zealand in the quarter finals..
I think it will be Boks in the QF and AB's in the Semi's for Wales if you boys finish second.

Matches this week...

Tuesday
Canada v Romania, 4.45pm King Power Stadium
Fiji v Uruguay, 8pm Stadium MK

Wednesday
South Africa v USA, 4.45pm Olympic Stadium
Namibia v Georgia, 8pm Sandy Park

Friday
New Zealand v Tonga, 8pm St James's Park

Saturday
Samoa v Scotland, 2.30pm St James's Park
Australia v Wales, 4.45pm Twickenham
England v Uruguay, 8pm Etihad Stadium

Sunday
Argentina v Namibia, 12pm King Power Stadium
Italy v Romania, 2.30pm Sandy Park
France v Ireland, 4.45pm Millennium Stadium
USA v Japan, 8pm Kingsholm

This is the last batch of group matches, the quarter finals start on the 17th..

Romania made RWC history last night by making the biggest comeback in a match to win it, they were 15-0 to Canada but came back to win 15-17.

Uruguay scored their first ever tries in a RWC game in a 47-17 loss to Fiji, it was a wait of 12 years.

Wales's preparations for the Australia game have been somewhat disrupted for a rather strange reason, captain Sam Warburton has been unable to sleep after Dan Lydiate said he saw a ghost in their team hotel, I'm not kidding!

While both Australia and Wales are playing quarter finals, the winner gets to play Scotland/Japan then Argentina/France/Ireland, while the loser gets South Africa then probably NZ.
Big game this afternoon.

Scotland did win and do qualify, currently 9-6 to Aus.

Full time, Australia 15-6 Wales, really good game, Australia had two players in the bin at the same time but defended brilliantly from the Welsh onslaught, no tries in the game..

Last edited:
Scotland did win and do qualify, currently 9-6 to Aus.

Full time, Australia 15-6 Wales, really good game, Australia had two players in the bin at the same time but defended brilliantly from the Welsh onslaught, no tries in the game..
That was some amazing defence from Australia in the 2nd half. Really impressive to watch.

That 8 minutes of 13 men was absolutely immense from Australia. They've been the best side so far, would not be surprised if they ended up winning it all.

Hard to look past a Aus / NZ final as the draw stands. Next week's Wales/ Boks QF should be a goodie though.

Argentina slammed Namibia 64-15 and Italy beat Romania (cant remember the score)

The last group game is just kicked off and its a pretty big one, France v Ireland, 0-0 so far..

Here's the quarter final schedule, which starts on Saturday...

Saturday

South Africa v Wales, 4pm Twickenham
New Zealand v France, 8pm Millennium Stadium

Sunday

Ireland v Argentina, 1pm Millennium Stadium
Australia v Scotland, 4pm Twickenham

FYI Alex Cuthbert is the least popular person in Wales right now.He needs to perform against the Sethy or there'll be a lynch mob for him.

Otherwise our rather depleted team will hopefully play with aggression and flare on Saturday.

Unfortunately you can only pick players from the training squad that the coaches had during preparations for the tournament, you cant pick anyone outside of it...

Well, looks like it could be a Rugby Championship semi-final round :sly:.

Academic though, ABs look sublime. :indiff:

Why are France more interested in trying to injure Ireland's team than trying to play rugby against the All Blacks?

Watched the Wales game in a pub with lots of other fans, great atmosphere there, I think we have a lot to be proud of despite the defeat, we had a lot of injuries beforehand so to get within four points of SA at the end is an achievement, remember no-one at the start of the tournament thought we would make it out of the group, I'm pretty proud of our efforts 👍:)

New Zealand destroyed France 62-13 last night, and it looks like the Ireland comeback is in full swing!

Ah well there is another Rugby World Cup dream gone. Argentina is off the list of future holiday destinations.

Congratulations to them though. They were deserving winners and even if we were at full strength I'm not sure we would have won anyway.

:(

It is up to Scotland to save the blushes of the northern hemisphere although they will have to perform out of their skin to get by Australia.

Last edited:
Back