2015 Subaru WRX & STi - WRX Wagon on the way?

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 551 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
I thought they were going to do something else this time around, and not base it on the Impreza? Or did I hear wrong?

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/08/24/2014-subaru-wrx-caught-hot-weather-testing-in-the-states/

2014-subaru-wrx-mule-opt.jpg

Eww. I just remembered that they are going to base the WRX and STI off of a fuel-sipping, slab-sided saloon with stale styling.

Last edited:
Eww! Subaru into BBWs now?? Me not likey!!
Don't wanna be the one to say it, but is subaru gonna become the new "new Honda"??

I thought they were going to do something else this time around, and not base it on the Impreza? Or did I hear wrong?

I think they said the WRX/ STI was going to be based on a shortened chassis of the Impreza, that may be just a test mule. It was must likely be a coupe.

Why are you guys worrying over the looks so much? It's a mule. For all we know, it could be an upped Impreza, rather than a WRX.* Plus, I would imagine that if it was the (more or less) look of the 2014 WRX, there'd be more camouflage

*I'm hoping, but it'd be cool to see it again.

I'm just wondering how they're going to do this newfangled electric turbo thing.

Impreza GT imho.
Wrx and sti will no longer be associated with the Impreza. Plus, I see no reason to go from widebodies to that...

What's with these comments? It's like nobody's ever seen the 2012 impreza.

I sure hope that's not a WRX.
It's kinda too late for that to be a mule, since they should start cranking those out in less than a year (or they are delaying new model further, with sucks as well).

I'm trying not to overreact to this since this could still be anything, but I still can't get rid of a slightly disappointing feeling from this article.

Best case I can make - they are doing hot-weather testing of the turbo-FA/FB engine and bolted it to whatever they had.

UPD: there was also a new 'sport wagon' for 2014 in Subaru's roadmap. I guess that could look like an Impreza, just has to be a hatch though.

Last edited:

I was thinking the same thing. It is a surprisingly nice car in person, inside and out. I'd even consider buying the Sport in the five-door configuration. It is a genuinely nice car.

We've all seen it, but we forgot :P. Really, though, it was so mainstream and so boring that, at least to me, I forgot that they were going to make it into a roadgoing rally car.

Huge bummer I was already considering a renewal but now I'll have the time and miles to mod and that just might prevent me from buying the next gen during the first year or two. :(

Back