2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
  • 190,854 views
Andy Lally@AndyLally2m
HUGE crash for the #50 DP just now. Airborne at star finish for 100 yards and landed on its roof. Hope the driver is ok.
 
Went to his Twitter feed (from that link) and he just said that the driver got out and walked to the Ambulance...phew. Apparently the chasis held up well.
 
Damn!
10897765_10153492134047166_6161541287073759642_n.jpg


EDIT: Not as much damage as I expected.

B6_-tGVIEAAb-bO.jpg:large
 
Went to his Twitter feed (from that link) and he just said that the driver got out and walked to the Ambulance...phew. Apparently the chasis held up well.
No structural damage at all to the chassis. Saw on Eversley's Twitter that the impact with the wall set it airborn
 
crash.PNG


Here's the picture I saw on Twitter of the car after it got back to the garage.
 
No structural damage at all to the chassis. Saw on Eversley's Twitter that the impact with the wall set it airborn
I would be shocked if the cage wasnt tweaked. Lucky for him it didnt need it the radiator and dryer vent front crash structure to keep him safe.;)
 
I would be shocked if the cage wasnt tweaked. Lucky for him it didnt need it the radiator and dryer vent front crash structure to keep him safe.;)
Don't know if that's a shot at DP safety or not, but you can read the Gainsco crash report and let that tell you just how safe the DP is on frontal impacts. I believe the wording was something like "I'm thankful Memo was in a DP" ;)

That's 3 roll over crashes for DPs now at Daytona and not a single injury assuming Defoor isn't concussed or anything major.
 
That's a huge penny :sick:
 
Don't know if that's a shot at DP safety or not, but you can read the Gainsco crash report and let that tell you just how safe the DP is on frontal impacts. I believe the wording was something like "I'm thankful Memo was in a DP" ;)

That's 3 roll over crashes for DPs now at Daytona and not a single injury assuming Defoor isn't concussed or anything major.
Link to the crash report? I looked and found nothing.
 
Hey @Christhedude good to see you topping the GTD timesheets in session 4! You have a seat for the race as well, or is this just a tryout?
 
With a name like "Gabby Chaves" I didn't know if the driver was a boy or a girl, so I decided to look up some pictures.

IoYXXL3.jpg


I'm still not entirely sure...
 
For that moment, the P in "help" got replaced with another L.
 
He got on "The Razors Edge" but then became a "Fly on the Wall"...at least he'll be back, just not in black. :P
 
B7CLDF5CUAAiX_L.jpg:large


Edit: Luckily this was a closed cockpit car....
B7CNheUIYAATYeY.jpg:large
 
Last edited:
B7CLDF5CUAAiX_L.jpg:large


Edit: Luckily this was a closed cockpit car....
B7CNheUIYAATYeY.jpg:large

Oh wow! Pictures say so much more than the words sometimes. Glad the driver seems ok and good point about it being closed cockpit.
 
Didn't the flips with the Corvette DPs also at the roar?
 
Didn't the flips with the Corvette DPs also at the roar?
Those other 2 were at the November 2013 Daytona tests IMSA was using for BoP.
 
I've just seen, for those who watch the Fox Sports 1 broadcasts...

Dorsey Schroeder will race this season in a DP!!! :o
 
I've just seen, for those who watch the Fox Sports 1 broadcasts...

Dorsey Schroeder will race this season in a DP!!! :O

Are you sure it's all season? I saw his name on the driver list for the 50 car, but in the past they have only run Daytona.
 
Are you sure it's all season? I saw his name on the driver list for the 50 car, but in the past they have only run Daytona.

Not sure no. But it may be that he's only running in Daytona.
I'm pretty excited about it anyways...
 
Back