2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
  • 190,900 views
I don't see whats the problem with it coming back. It was quick at Daytona and considering the gearbox was literally the only issue with this car, I don't see the problem with continuing with it before the new prototype specs take over.

I don't see the problem either. Admittedly I didn't like it at first, but it's uniqueness and the team's dedication have gotten me to the point where I like it.
 
The proper name I believe is Imsa Weathertech Sportscar Championship- IWSC
 
Derrick Walker would be a good option but I wonder how the relationship between him and HPD is after the aero kit issues at the Indy 500 on qualifying weekend.
They did just allow an upgrade... :P
 

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
maxresdefault.jpg
 
Funny though, they are the only ALMS P1/P2 team left in the P Class, the rest were all from RSCS.
 
Funny though, they are the only ALMS P1/P2 team left in the P Class, the rest were all from RSCS.
True. ALMS' strong point really was the GT (LMGTE in the WEC or as IMSA call it, GTLM) class.

This Deltawing wouldn't be so ugly if it was still an open cockpit. Looks neat that way.
 
I've loved the DeltaWing program from the beginning.

Gives true meaning to the word Prototype.
 
This Deltawing wouldn't be so ugly if it was still an open cockpit. Looks neat that way.

I think it looks good as a Coupe. I thought I would hate it when they first announced it would be a coupe, especially when they showed this at Sebring:

updelta.jpg


To my relief, it turned much better then this ever since.
 
The Cockpit looks way to big IMO.
 
It doesn't have all that traditional mass at the front a normal prototype does, which literally just leaves the tub and that minimal front end. The cockpit is no bigger then the ones you currently see on the LMP2 cars.
 
It doesn't have all that traditional mass at the front a normal prototype does, which literally just leaves the tub and that minimal front end. The cockpit is no bigger then the ones you currently see on the LMP2 cars.
and your saying it as if I don't have a problem with the Closed Cockpit LMP2s.

Though with the LMP2, at least the Body makes the Cockpit look alright, the Deltawings Cockpit looks way too big in comparison to its Body (not just the height of the Body but the width too)
 
and your saying it as if I don't have a problem with the Closed Cockpit LMP2s.

I didn't realize you did so...:confused:
 
I didn't realize you did so...:confused:
it's fine, I never mentioned I didn't like Closed Cockpit LMP2s.

Though the Oreca 05 is pretty cool and I can tolerate the Ligiers.
 
http://sportscar365.com/gt/dragonspeed-still-holding-out-for-imsa-entry-with-mercedes-sls/

Julian said he already has the majority of the budget secured for a return to Mount Panorama in February, although they wouldn’t do both Daytona and Bathurst for logistical reasons.
Dang...just testing then. But them testing both cars still makes me think that now, if they can't get the customer team they've chosen one of the new AMG-GT's, they'll have them run the SLS for Daytona.
 
Back