2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
I don't see whats the problem with it coming back. It was quick at Daytona and considering the gearbox was literally the only issue with this car, I don't see the problem with continuing with it before the new prototype specs take over.

I don't see the problem either. Admittedly I didn't like it at first, but it's uniqueness and the team's dedication have gotten me to the point where I like it.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
maxresdefault.jpg

Funny though, they are the only ALMS P1/P2 team left in the P Class, the rest were all from RSCS.
True. ALMS' strong point really was the GT (LMGTE in the WEC or as IMSA call it, GTLM) class.

This Deltawing wouldn't be so ugly if it was still an open cockpit. Looks neat that way.

This Deltawing wouldn't be so ugly if it was still an open cockpit. Looks neat that way.

I think it looks good as a Coupe. I thought I would hate it when they first announced it would be a coupe, especially when they showed this at Sebring:

updelta.jpg

To my relief, it turned much better then this ever since.

It doesn't have all that traditional mass at the front a normal prototype does, which literally just leaves the tub and that minimal front end. The cockpit is no bigger then the ones you currently see on the LMP2 cars.

It doesn't have all that traditional mass at the front a normal prototype does, which literally just leaves the tub and that minimal front end. The cockpit is no bigger then the ones you currently see on the LMP2 cars.
and your saying it as if I don't have a problem with the Closed Cockpit LMP2s.

Though with the LMP2, at least the Body makes the Cockpit look alright, the Deltawings Cockpit looks way too big in comparison to its Body (not just the height of the Body but the width too)

http://sportscar365.com/gt/dragonspeed-still-holding-out-for-imsa-entry-with-mercedes-sls/

Julian said he already has the majority of the budget secured for a return to Mount Panorama in February, although they wouldn’t do both Daytona and Bathurst for logistical reasons.
Dang...just testing then. But them testing both cars still makes me think that now, if they can't get the customer team they've chosen one of the new AMG-GT's, they'll have them run the SLS for Daytona.

Back