2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
I wonder if Stevenson will still run the Camaros for GM in the CTSCC or if GM is looking for someone else to run that program now. My guess to that says the latter, but I guess we will find out that later.

BMW fans should be happy about a possible 2 M6 GT3's. But most of all....

THE BIG BAD ASTON MARTIN IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

Or you thought it was when it wasn't the entire time and you overreacted as usual ;)
Hey it looked bleak and IMSuckA's mafia approach nearly wrecked things. :P

I'd love to see the black be used as the base color and have the yellow be the accent color on the car. That looked good on the C6R when they used it as a celebration livery, and it would look absolutely killer on the C7R.

New video of that beastly black '16 Vette at Sebring, this time with reflective stickers(?)

God that is literally the best engine ever made. :drool:

I'd love to see the black be used as the base color and have the yellow be the accent color on the car. That looked good on the C6R when they used it as a celebration livery, and it would look absolutely killer on the C7R.
It'd make the C7.R really pop if they brought back the 09' GT1 livery. :embarrassed:

I wonder if Stevenson will still run the Camaros for GM in the CTSCC or if GM is looking for someone else to run that program now. My guess to that says the latter, but I guess we will find out that later.
I'm thinking its done and a lesser Camaro team will now step into their place. On the other hand, it could be like Larbre where they had a leave of absence and ran a P2 at Le Mans so GM could work their products out to be legal. Now they are stronger than ever in the Chevy camp. First, an Audi, later a satellite Cadillac GT3 program, or maybe a factory blessed Vette GT3 program? Ya never know

Good to see the GTD class coming back strong. Last season was a lame duck year with rules.

Saw where Oreca is moving the 05's debut in America to after the Rolex 24. Also, the crappy new HPD has been dropped again. PR1/Mathiasen is back to PC.

It's beautiful. :drool:
Untitled.png

So, I've been out of the sportscar loop for a while; Why are Ferrari and BMW converting GT3 cars into GTLM? Is it to keep the costs down?
Ferrari makes a full blown GTE car, but their GT3 has been made so that you can buy a kit and get it to GTE regulations. Essentially, think of the Ferrari 488 GTE as the base while making a less expensive version for GT3. Then later if that team feels like it wants to do something like the WEC, they go to Ferrari and have the car rebuilt to GTE regulations. Sort of in the spirit of the GT/GT+ concept that was tossed 2 years ago in a way. I'd bet the cost of the kit takes it up to the GTE's original cost, so it's more of an option for a team with hopes of expanding I'd guess.

Meanwhile BMW are lazy as ****, don't really care about regulations, and are taking the M6 GT3 and doing a half *** job at turning it into a GTE-esc car for IMSA to qualify as GTLM. The M6 GTLM being a one off for the IWSC, possibly also allowed for the ELMS. Why they don't make an actual GTE is beyond me, heck, just do the 488 GTE/GT3's concept. They're extremely stubborn and whiny. :P

Last edited:
Ferrari makes a full blown GTE car, but their GT3 has been made so that you can buy a kit and get it to GTE regulations. Essentially, think of the Ferrari 488 GTE as the base while making a less expensive version for GT3.

Ohhh, okay.

Meanwhile BMW are lazy as ****, don't really care about regulations, and are taking the M6 GT3 and doing a half *** job at turning it into a GTE-esc car for IMSA to qualify as GTLM.

So, a repeat of their Z4 GTE program? If that's anything to go by, I could see it working out. I'd figure they'd go Ferrari's route, honestly.

Ohhh, okay.
The Scuderia is very crafty. :P Thinking about it...it's a good concept going forward this GT3-GTE scheme.

So, a repeat of their Z4 GTE program? If that's anything to go by, I could see it working out. I'd figure they'd go Ferrari's route, honestly.
As much as I hate this turbo'd Panzer, it'd would've been neat to add another team to the WEC's GTE-Pro or GTE-Am ranks had they made a GTE then turned it into a GT3.

Maybe BMW just isn't interested in Le Mans like Ferrari is? The "BMW is lazy" claims are silly, not everyone is interested in Le Mans.

2MTQrQf.gif

Maybe BMW just isn't interested in Le Mans like Ferrari is? The "BMW is lazy" claims are silly, not everyone is interested in Le Mans.
Maybe it was...becoming a BMW hater now since they've abandoned the way's of Natural Aspiration. :P

Back