2016-17 UEFA Champions League Thread

• Thread starter Brend
  • 522 comments
Honestly the best atmosphere since the Barca 2-1 game. My throat is killing me. :lol:

I feel sorry for Fulham. They unearth not one but two players called Moussa Dembele who go on to stardom with a better team.

D'oh, I forgot to post this week's matches (Sorry!)

Matchday 3
UEFA_Champions_League_Final_2016_MIlan.jpg

Tuesday 18th October:

Leicester City 1 Copenhagan 0

CSKA Moscow 1 Monaco 1

Real Madrid 5 Legia 1

Lyon 0 Juventus 1

Sporting 1 Dortmund 2

Bayer 0 Spurs 0

Dinamo Zagreb 0 Sevilla 1

Club Brugge 1 Porto 2

Wednesday 19th October:

Barcelona v Man City

Dynamo Kiev v Benfica

Napoli v Beskitas

PSG v FC Basel

Arsenal v Lundogrets

Celtic v Monchengladbach

FC Rostov v Athletico Madrid

Bayern Munich v PSV Eindhoven

Leicester are really showing up in the champions league!
They certainly are! Good to see they're prioritizing the most important competition of their season (they were never gonna win the Prem again anyway), that being said they couldn't have asked for a better group.

I'm just jealous Celtic didn't get in that one. :grumpy: :lol:

They were put in a winnable group. If and when they play the senior teams I think they will be found out.

But full credit to them, they're doing very well indeed. It's something to shout about considering that their title defence is going horrendously not to plan.

Massive game between Barca and Man City tonight, fancy Barca to smash them!

What was Bravo doing?! :lol:

Great game to watch, Messi becomes only the second player to score back-to-back hat-tricks in the Champions League, and the the first was???....

So some big matches tonight and tomorrow and there have been reports that the Etihad has been evacuated ahead of the City-Barcelona game tonight....

Celtic 1 Gladbach 1.

So so close to a win, utterly brilliant performance from a Celtic team missing 4 first team players.

Feeling a bit jealous of Man City i have to say!

Great win for them...

What a performance by Legia Warsaw, a 3-3 at home to Real Madrid and were leading 3-2 for at least a few minutes!

Spurs lost at Wembley to Leverkusen 0-1 and Leicester picked up a decent away point from Copenhagen.

Best way to teach rowdy fans a lesson is a spectacular 3-3 draw against Real Madrid which they will never have seen in person.

Champions League is back tomorrow, some big games too as the group stage draws to a close...

Monaco vs Spurs will be a big one, if the Spurs don't win they are likely going to Europa, they have the quality but they are a pretty disspointing team when it comes to Europe.

Also If Porto lose to Copenhagen the Danes will be very much on their way to the Round of 16 (When has a Danish team ever got that far??).

Leverkusen are 0-1 up away to CSKA, if Leverkusen win and Spurs fail to win then Spurs are out..

Back