2016-17 UEFA Champions League Thread

• Thread starter Brend
  • 522 comments
a25Oyyw_460s.jpg

Brugge 0-3 Leicester

I believe in miracles.
Even more miracles happening at the Bernabeu. Not the scoreline, Ronaldo let Bale take a free kick.
Edit: why would he do that, prepare yourselves for this:
RONALDO HAS SCORED A FREE KICK!!!!!!!
An absolutely exquisite goal as well.

Last edited:
Spurs lost their first CL game at Wembley 1-2 to Monaco and Man City hammered Moenchengladbach 4-0 in their postponed game from last night, Aguero got a hat-trick, elsewhere Dortmund slammed Warsaw 0-6, Real Madrid beat Sporting 2-1 and Juve-Sevilla finished goalless.

Very impressed with Amartey, Leicester have might of find themselves a good replacement for Kante as I don't think Mendy has yet to reach his potential.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - MATCHDAY 2

UEFA_Champions_League_Final_2016_MIlan.jpg

Tuesday 27th September:

Sporting v Legia Warsaw

Sevilla v Lyon

Dinamo Zagreb v Juventus

CSKA Moscow v Tottenham

Dortmund v Real Madrid

Monaco v Bayer

København v Club Brugge

Leicester City v Porto

Wednesday 28th September:

Ludogorets v Paris SG

Celtic v Man. City

Napoli v Benfica

FC Rostov v PSV Eindhoven

Arsenal v FC Basel

Besiktas v Dynamo Kyiv

Atlético Madrid v Bayern Munich

Mönchengladbach v Barcelona

CSKA Moscow v Tottenham is live on Freeview via BT Showcase today for anyone who may be interested. ;)

It will be hard not to watch Dortmund v Real! Dortmund look like the complete outfit this year, scoring for fun in all their competitions.

Just saw a recap of the Leicester group. I really thought that Club Brugge had a shot at the next round but holy hell, they're like a bunch of sheep surrounded by horny Welshmen, New Sealanders, Dutch country boys*.

*Pick as you desire.

He might be winding his career down but Leicester City won a Champions League game versus Iker Casillias.

Wonder if Claudio has been told to fully Focus on the Champions league given the money involved.

If they do play like they did last year winning the competition is on the cards.

Their league campaign has been poor to start and, dare I say it, their chances of retaining the title are over. Focusing on the Champions League might not be so bad for them.

At least they haven't done a West Ham and flopped in Europe and done poorly in the league.

They probably have the depth to survive being relegated and going for a Champions league charge but not to do both the league and Europe.

Celtic 2-2 City at HT, great game, Sterling scored at both ends, Celtic really taking the game to City by going 1-0 and then 2-1 up!

Arsenal 2-0 to Basel with Walcott getting both goals and Sanchez both assists, Atletico 1-0 to Bayern and Barca are 0-1 down to Moenchengladbach...

Arsenal playing brilliantly during that first half, should be 5-0 easily. Need a professional second half now.

Why are Arsenal playing in their away kit at home??

CELTIC 3-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back