2016 BMW 7-Series Revealed! w/Poll

• Thread starter townha99
  • 144 comments

Which luxury sedan would you take?

• Total voters
It's technically from their M Performance sub-division as it's not a full-fat M model like the M550d and M135i.
Still it isn't a fully fledged M car, so that is why it doesn't have a single digit after the letter.

Edit: Autobahn Package review.

mmmm....so handsome
2015-bmw-7-series1.jpg

Saw one a few days ago on a roundabout. Looked quite good with the new lights. Prefer BMWs as feel least car sick in them. :lol:

Disappointed that gesture technology didn't come to other series yet but at least they updated navigation unit in '2016' M3/M4 which appears like it is running at 60FPS which stood out to me.

I was wondering when the M-badges will reach the 7-Series with the AMG S-Classes, I guess now is the correct answer.
It doesn't look too overdone like the AMGs can sometimes look, which I personally think is the better way of doing it.

Yeah, the M in Performance doesn't even match. Is this car for the India market?

I like how it's got a tweaked version of the Ghost engine, but that M Performance logo on the cover looks really cheaply done.

Looking forward to see how it compares to an S8 Plus.

Yeah, is there anybody out there that really lusts after these beauty shots of a plastic engine cover? This one especially looks like the underhood equivalent of this:
It's the only time a prospective owner will ever actually see the engine, so I suppose there's some merit in it.

Can't argue with the V12 though. To this day, the only V12 I've driven was in the Wraith, and it's an absolutely magnificent engine. For a proper, proper luxury car, you just can't beat twelve cylinders.

Reminds me of a 1series front and 4series rear. A Tesla has a bit more character than this 7. But, I guess it's not about aesthetics for this series of BMs, MBs and Audi luxoboats.

I miss when plastic engine covers had humongous fake intake runners.

IMG_20141004_143312.jpg

"Man, imagine how much not!air that not!intake pulls in. The Oldsmobile is gonna fly!"
Looks a lot like the Northstar V8...

And under further inspection, looks exactly like a DeVille...

I like the fact it's got a big V12 badge below the iDrive controller. :lol: Come on BMW, you go to all of that effort to make the interior look fantastic then you put a sodding big badge in the center console? What's going on?

Back