2016 Ford Focus RS (Price starts at £28,940/US$35,730)

• Thread starter GTboyz
  • 252 comments
Stock RS already has low lag setup as is, due the responsive twin scroll turbo, short exhaust manifold and clever multi port design. If they'd want to get rid of the lag entirely, they would need to borrow a page from Borg-Warners VGT design and add complicated variable vane turbo which will add weight AND price even further.

Ford Focus RS RS500 information revealed, and it is better than the previous one. Although it has the same amount of power as the normal Focus RS, it is 220 pounds lighter, has more carbon fiber, handles better (thanks to a new electronic LSD), sportier tires, 19-inch alloy rims, and better grip.

Pictures are not yet revealed, but here is more information:
http://www.motortrend.com/news/hear...ford-focus-rs-rear-three-quarter-in-motion-05

Here’s Evidence That Ford Is Working On Hotter Focus RS500

Ford-Focus-RS500-255.jpg

Well my brother picked his up yesterday so I got to take it for a spin. He ordered it in October and it arrived at the dealer on Monday. People were offering him money just to take his reservation on the car and this is with no one getting to even test drive the car.

Really nice car, a little bigger and roomier than I expected (although I didn't sit in the back). It's black with black wheels and no extra options. I think he said they only had option packages and just getting navigation would have added almost $10k to get the entire package.

It was fast, of course. He had a 2008 WRX new and said 0-60 times were similar but 60 and up this RS would toast the Subaru. It was low and stiff, bumps were not too severe. Very point and shoot handling with great turn-in. I told him we should take it to the autocross but we'll see. The car had 19 inch, summer-only cup tires on it.

It had some auto-rev/anti-stall features which seemed awkward at first. You don't expect the car to rev while just depressing the clutch. It has the stop/start feature which turns off the engine when you stop and then automatically starts it when you press in the clutch. Again, not something you expect at first. The over-rev is great too. Just a quick rev in neutral and the exhaust will pop a few times. The clutch and shifter were nice and stiff, the shifter is short with nice short throws. Recaro seats were great too.

He said he is on the Focus forums (not sure if there's more than one) but once he puts up pics and videos I'll link to them.

That dude is the Guy Fieri of car reviews. God I can't stand him
I agree with ya there. I remember on one of his "One Takes" he constantly nitpicked a young guy's old Trans Am for the entire video.

This is actually less than I expected. A bit more than the established pickings of Imprezas and Evos, but still less than a small German competitor.

3380lbs/1532kgs is slightly heavier than the Audi RS3 and the AMG A45 is 50kgs lighter.

3380lbs/1532kgs is slightly heavier than the Audi RS3 and the AMG A45 is 50kgs lighter.

Well nevermind then... Also a Golf R is about 100lbs lighter.

I wonder if this will suffer from Subaruitis. It's like Arthritis except its when a car's drivetrain can't handle anything more than stock power.

Sadly, 1500+Kgs is about the going rate for a well spec'd hatch in this segment these days. Renault is about the only manufacturer who is brave enough to offer genuinely striped back hot hatches - and I wonder how many of them end up coming away from the dealer with many of comforting extras off the options list that the guys at Renault Sport fought hard to drop.

That's the thing; give people a mode and they feel invincible so take corners quicker and quicker. Expect to bend physics, you bend metal.

Back