2016 Ford Focus RS (Price starts at £28,940/US$35,730)

• Thread starter GTboyz
  • 252 comments
Would look better as 3-door.. But still, I wouldn't say no if someone offers me the keys :D

Honestly, I can't picture this gen of the Focus looking better as a 2 door. Having it as a 4-door feels right to me for some reason.

Would you pick one of these for $56,000aud or an Audi RS4 with less than 100,000km for $46,000aud?

Brother is trying to decide, if he gets rid of the 02 sti.

Depends on the maintenance costs and all, also which one suits your brother more. But for models i'd choose the RS because i don't like Audis (except S8 and Quattro).

Would you pick one of these for $56,000aud or an Audi RS4 with less than 100,000km for $46,000aud?

For me, I guess I would wait until more reviews for the Focus RS come out before making a decision to see if I would enjoy living with it. 2nd, I would also consider the maintenance costs of both of them. Though, I would imagine that it's more expensive to maintain an Audi than a Focus.

Does he want the warranty? Or better question, is he willing to pony up the cash to maintain an used Audi RS car?

Also, what's the insurance cost?

257kw in the Focus, 307kw in the RS4. Both AWD and made in Germany. Audi is tested technology whereas the Focus is new tech = teething problems. Not sure of insurance, should be similar. Used Audi is 10K less for insurance to cover.

Personally I love driving my wifes Zetec Fiesta, the handling of German Fords is sweet. I'd risk it on the new Focus RS.

The package on offer here is just an incredible bargain relative to other cars with similar performance and use ability.

Last edited:

One will be affordable the other will send him broke.

If anything needs replacing on the RS4 it comes from his pocket and on a car like that everything will be expensive as hell because it will likely be bespoke.

The Focus RS easily.

Focus RS. The maintenance costs of a Ford doesn't require you to go full Heisenberg to afford it.

For me, I guess I would wait until more reviews for the Focus RS come out before making a decision to see if I would enjoy living with it. 2nd, I would also consider the maintenance costs of both of them. Though, I would imagine that it's more expensive to maintain an Audi than a Focus.
Not if you had as much bad luck with a Ford as I did.

I just re-read my last post and wanted to use the edit button to correct all the mistakes I wrote but I can't . A mod, closed the thread. I feel ashamed that I wrote so many mistakes. :D

Considering all the bad luck with this Ford, I'm still enjoying this car. BTW, I had my car fixed in june 2012. New engine, new alternator and a new clutch.

Well, that's good to hear.

I myself haven't had any major problems with my Focus Wagon. I had an ignition issue last year, but that was because of a plug on the front that my dad replaced. Aside from that, it really has only needed basic maintenance.

So.. It costs 51,7xx euro in Finland as is. Add "appearance package RS" and it's 54k+. In USD that is 59k. :irked:

It's nearly the same price as a Mustang GT "Premium" with the track pack, in Canada at least. And while there's no denying no one will ever cross shop these two, in the end, one's got a V8 with 400+hp that can hang with 60k BMWs, and the other is still just a Focus...

It's not a Yaris with an 0.5 litre engine and the least luxurious trim line. What did you expect?
That our "temporary" tax would be abolished. Also, Ford and VW used to be affordable cars for blue collar workers. Not so much anymore..

First review drives are rolling in. And finally I found out how much it weighs. Would you believe me if I told you that it's 1599kg/3525lbs? Makes me wonder about the weight distribution too..

Back