2016 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

About time F1 did something more open and accessible (though given the new ownership, some old habits were eventually going to be kicked to the curb).

Possible standing restarts after Safety Car rolls into pitlane? Think it will make the racing better?

In an era of 100% reliability... yes. My gut instinct is that we'd see far more gearbox failures through the race.

Doubt it, just another gimmick to "spice up racing".
Not at all. The whole idea is to essentially have a do-over if something causes disruption at the start of the race. Like at Silverstone this year; heavy rain and standing water forced the race to start behind the safety car, and once the water was cleared, everyone just got into single file. A proper start was possible, and arguably should have happened, but the rules prevented it.

I'm quite suprised how disrespectful Lewis really is with his team. What was that nonsense about "buy my book in 10 years and I'll tell you everything"?

I don't really like Lewis Hamilton, but a situation where he finishes 1st while Rosberg finishes 10th in a race cut short before 75% distance would make Rosberg the saddest human being who ever existed, probably for the rest of time - and I wholeheartedly support that.

I don't really like Lewis Hamilton, but a situation where he finishes 1st while Rosberg finishes 10th in a race cut short before 75% distance would make Rosberg the saddest human being who ever existed, probably for the rest of time - and I wholeheartedly support that.

Personally I prefer the scenario where Rosberg claims the title, and then watch the more loony part of the Hamilton fanbase use the winter months driving themselves further out of their minds with preposterous conspiracy theories.

Personally I prefer the scenario where Rosberg claims the title, and then watch the more loony part of the Hamilton fanbase use the winter months driving themselves further out of their minds with preposterous conspiracy theories.
I don't know - Hamilton loves to play the loser card and the insane conspiracists are annoying. Besides, I'm not sure I could cope with Rosberg trying to simulate the emotion 'happy'.

I don't know - Hamilton loves to play the loser card and the insane conspiracists are annoying. Besides, I'm not sure I could cope with Rosberg trying to simulate the emotion 'happy'.

Can you cope with Kravitz and Crofty when Hamilton is a four time wdc?

Damon Hill managed to qualify on the front row in every race in 1996 - 34 years after his dad won the title in 1962. He won the title that year

Nic O'Rosberg managed to qualify on the front row in every race in 2016 - 34 years after his dad won the title in 1982. SO he has to win the title in 2016... doesn't he?

Ryk
Damon Hill managed to qualify on the front row in every race in 1996 - 34 years after his dad won the title in 1962. He won the title that year

Nic O'Rosberg managed to qualify on the front row in every race in 2016 - 34 years after his dad won the title in 1982. SO he has to win the title in 2016... doesn't he?
But Nico also uses the number 6. A number with which no one could win a championship so far.
At least if I'm not misinformed :scared:

I want Rosberg to win just to see the look on Hams face when he realises he is the runner-up. These last 3 years have been incredibly boring but it would be nice to see Rosberg finally get one over Lewis after all the crap he has taken from him.

how long are the Ultra Softs expected to last?

Not sure, all I've heard (from Horner) is that there's little difference on the Super Soft but the SS is expected (as you'd think) to go longer. He was surprised at Merc qualying on the US, he said.

Could be an interesting race if Red Bull can bring it to the Mercs on strategy.

Ryk

That's a real pointless stat, I love it.👍

Back