2016 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Put it this way, we've already seen a high profile crash at the first corner this year.

I don't want to see that (as I want Hamilton to be champion), and it would be boring for the title to be decided by ROS wiping HAM out. We'll just have to wait, but I wonder if Nico has been on the phone with Lucas :lol:

The only scenario that I can think of which would see contact between Hamilton and Rosberg would be Rosberg making a better start and Hamilton making a desperate move to try and take the place back.

And Lee McKenzie wins the award for the most awkward interviews of 2016 - first, she clearly tried to get Hamilton to say "yeah, I've got this", but he wasn't willing to play; then she interviewed Rosberg, and while he was initially up for it, he lost interest when it was obvious that she was trying to distract him.

While I actually would rather see pretty much every other driver take the WDC, than Lewis or Nico, I'd rather see Nico take it this year. He get's so much 🤬 from all sides for whatever reason and Hamiltons ego is already big enough.

Wolff and Lauda have confirmed that they have read Hamilton the riot act - if he tries to back Rosberg up, Rosberg will get pit priority and undercut him.

Mercedes should just let them race it out. If Lewis wants to play games, so be it. If Rosberg wants to do a Senna v Prost in the first corner, so be it. Punish them after the fact if need be. But of course it's not the sensible business decision for the team, but a great thing for the fans to watch. And you can only respect the teams decision.

First time I give a 🤬 about a race result, Been watching as a neutral since Toyota left but always like an underdog story, Rosberg winning a title from one of the best of all time is something special.

Well, I've not been a fan of this chassis design since it came out in 09, but i plan to watch all of this race without falling asleep or getting some terminal illness, bring on the 2017 cars...

I'm getting properly excited about this now. It'll be done after the first corner barring a mechanical failure or mistake, but still.

I had a feeling Nico would play it safe at the start and slot behind Hamilton. No point in challenging for the lead and risking an accident.

Back