2016 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Pretty entertaining race. The midfield is really putting on quite a good show.

Williams looked terrible, Force India looked worse!

Haaa look amazing.

Redbull seem better than they thought they'd be...could be a real threat once they get that engine upgrade.

Both Sauber and Manor look really improved, I think both could get points this year. Werhlein really showing he is a class above Haryanto.

I'm gutted for Button, McLaren could have possibly had a double points finish on a track that doesn't exactly suit them. Great to see Vandoorne score in his first race.

I still think it's only a two way fight for the championship this year between the two Merc drivers. Ferrari seem to have to wind their package too tight to keep up with the Merc, and I think they'll continue to suffer with reliability as Merc continues to improve and slowly release their full potential.

I think if I won an F1 race, while the other drivers were high-fiving their team and hugging everyone, I'd be sitting my car and telling her what a good car she is.

Yeah I think the Haas is a good car I would rate it similar or slightly better then the Williams at this point.

How I would rate the cars speed wise after the first two races:

1.Mercedes
2.Ferrari
3.Redbull
4.Torro Rosso
= Haas
= Williams
7.Mclaren
8.Force India
9.Renault
10.Sauber
11.Manor

Yeah I think the Haas is a good car I would rate it similar or slightly better then the Williams at this point.

How I would rate the cars speed wise after the first two races:

1.Mercedes
2.Ferrari
3.Redbull
4.Torro Rosso
= Haas
= Williams
7.Mclaren
8.Force India
9.Renault
10.Sauber
11.Manor

Williams and Haas aren't equal. I think Haas has better long run/overall pace. Over a single lap is a bit of an issue.

Eitherway, Haas is doing incredibly well. And people were thinking they weren't gonna be faster than Sauber or Manor. :sly:

Williams and Haas aren't equal. I think Haas has better long run/overall pace. Over a single lap is a bit of an issue.
And Grosjean was able to absolutely dive bomb the two Williams cars today.

Not sure how Toro Rosso ranks higher than Haas considering Haas has beat them on results in both races so far.
Because the Torro Rosso was clearly faster at Melbourne. And I'm not going by how much points they score.

But if you look I rated them equal.

The more I watch Hamilton/Bottas at T1, the more I see it as Bottas's fault. Still not sure I see it as a drive through, but definitely on Bottas's shoulders.

So another fairly decent race that will likely once again be forgotten and overshadowed by the continued politics that will follow in the week.

The more I watch Hamilton/Bottas at T1, the more I see it as Bottas's fault. Still not sure I see it as a drive through, but definitely on Bottas's shoulders.

It always has to be really when you're the following driver and you almost T-Bone the car ahead. The onus is always on him, although I do think a penalty was a little harsh given it was T1 of the race.

That was this race though, I combined it off the first two.

Yeah but Haas have a consistent pace where Williams don't. They seemed to pigeonhole themselves out of being the lower drag fast team that lacked at tight circuits, to now being the reverse. If you combine both races Haas is still better due to being consistent and quite quick compared to teams that are considered faster (RBR, Williams themselves and STR)

I have to give it to Bottas, most drivers would defend themselves and say "nah I did it right he was wrong", but he felt bad and didn't mean for it to end like that.

NP
Reminds me of Ferrari...

Yeah I know, gee I wonder why :sly:
Eitherway, Haas is doing incredibly well. And people were thinking they weren't gonna be faster than Sauber or Manor. :sly:

And Grosjean was able to absolutely dive bomb the two Williams cars today.

More importantly was the outside pass on Massa, that showed exactly how much more the car sticks to the road compared to the supposed greatly improved over last year Williams.

If I've done the math in my head right, Grosjean is tied with Kimi on points, and ahead of Vettel by 3 points. That has a lot to do with Ferrari's reliability issues, but I can guarantee that Grosjean and Haas weren't expecting to do this well this quickly.

Poor show from Mclaren in general. However, It was great seeing a young talent showing off some great skill and seeing some tangible progress is better than none.

If I've done the math in my head right, Grosjean is tied with Kimi on points, and ahead of Vettel by 3 points. That has a lot to do with Ferrari's reliability issues, but I can guarantee that Grosjean and Haas weren't expecting to do this well this quickly.

One has to wonder, if Ferrari were plagued with powertrain issues in testing like Haas, how that would help them prepare. Because the 1000km less than Mercedes always had me worried for Ferrari. Especially when they decided to move the position of their intercooler and go more tight in the rear.

Great to see a Manor up there and fighting cars on pure pace instead of just having their own race. Well, one of them at least, I'm not sure I've caught a glimpse of Haryanto in either race yet. Was he definitely in them? :P

Latest Posts

Back