2016 Le Mans 24 Hours - 15th to 19th June 2016

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 3,302 comments
It's on now!

catfight.jpg

Well, I accidentally ended up sleeping during the last 1.5 hours of the race. Wake up a few hours later, read all the pages, and then go back to the recorded stream. I think we can all agree that it was very disappointing for Toyota when they had everything going for them. But we must remember, this is Le Mans, and it doesn't have the reputation it has for nothing. So, congratulations to Porsche and congratulations to all the teams that even showed up to the race honestly, because that itself is a feat. And thanks to the members of GTPlanet too. Without you guys I probably wouldn't have cared about this race, let alone any real-world race. This one is definitely one to remember. :)đź‘Ť

I will only accept the race's results as they were right after the race's end. Not sure about GTs breaking the 7% rule, but Risi's 2nd place is more than well deserved.

Porsche deserved the win because they took it. Toyota didn't because they couldn't. I would have liked to see Toyota win as I do have sympathy for their ambition after failing great attempts in the past, but congrats to Porsche for going the distance. I can't wait to see how Toyota will approach the NĂĽrburgring next month. Good times ahead! :)

Still waiting for the first Japanese triple (car/driver/team) to win Le Mans. We've seen car (1990), driver (1995, 2004) and team (2004), but never the combination of all 3.

Just to note: France, Germany, UK, USA and Italy have all pulled it off. The only other nation that has not done so (Austria) I don't believe has a major automobile manufacturer based in it's country.

How about a drawing of the two Toyotas charging at dawn and thanking them for one of the best race performances many of us have seen?
Sounds good (though I'm not very good at drawing cars - gotta learn to while I'll be doing that, lol). The second Toyota is #6 car, right?

Totally agree with that, though I still think that TGR guys deserve some comfort.

They sure do. Toyota can leave this race with pride for giving the competition a hard time though. I wouldn't be surprised if they are already busy trying to figure out what went wrong and learn from it.

To be honest: I don't want manufacturers like Toyota or Audi to win LM. Manufacturers of family cars should not participate in racing at all. Unfortunately they (still) do and have far more money than the private teams. I can't think of a single reason why someone interested in motorsports becomes a fan of Toyota.

Sounds good (though I'm not very good at drawing cars - gotta learn to while I'll be doing that, lol). The second Toyota is #6 car, right?
Yes, well, the #6 wound up placing second with the #5 unclassified. #6 was also the one with some side damage.

If not the cars, how about the track at a distance? Or maybe lights at night. Toyota itself tweeted one like that overnight.

To be honest: I don't want manufacturers like Toyota or Audi to win LM. Manufacturers of family cars should not participate in racing at all. Unfortunately they (still) do and have far more money than the private teams. I can't think of a single reason why someone interested in motorsports becomes a fan of Toyota.
> mfw TT, R8, GT86, FT-1 and LFA are called family cars
2423128-tool.jpg

So that basically makes it Ferrari and some privateer teams then. What a great 2017 24 Hours race we will have if you were in charge of the ACO!

This is a lot to take in.... take deep breaths, take deep breaths...

Back