2016 Le Mans 24 Hours - 15th to 19th June 2016

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 3,302 comments
Save up your money and go you won't regret it!

Well, there's a good chance I'll be covering it the year after next, so most of the expenses will be covered/tax deductible, it's just the matter of actually getting a free week or two to go to EU. It's top 10 bucket list though, for sure.

There is a good chance I will be able to go to this year's US WEC in Texas though, which will be super awesome. I am totally stoked. But there is nothing like the 24Hr Le Mans as you know.

Really glad that you got to be there. Get some rest and enjoy the rest of your holiday Sir.

So that basically makes it Ferrari and some privateer teams then. What a great 2017 24 Hours race we will have if you were in charge of the ACO!
We would have the 2017 24 Hours of Drinking Game Survival Challenge then. The team that does the most damage to its car, their competitors, and the track wins the race!

To be honest: I don't want manufacturers like Toyota or Audi to win LM. Manufacturers of family cars should not participate in racing at all. Unfortunately they (still) do and have far more money than the private teams. I can't think of a single reason why someone interested in motorsports becomes a fan of Toyota.

q3iCWqE.gif

To be honest: I don't want manufacturers like Toyota or Audi to win LM. Manufacturers of family cars should not participate in racing at all. Unfortunately they (still) do and have far more money than the private teams. I can't think of a single reason why someone interested in motorsports becomes a fan of Toyota.
I respectfully say that your opinion is terrible and completely wrong.

A great race overall (I wish Toyota could have won though), sadly Fox and the US Open screwed over the US audience for many parts of the race. Thankfully I was able to change all of my recording schedules but my friend on vacation was not so lucky. He is not going to have the first 2 hours nor the final 2 of the race because of the poor decisions of Fox sports and the US Open.

Well, there's a good chance I'll be covering it the year after next, so most of the expenses will be covered/tax deductible, it's just the matter of actually getting a free week or two to go to EU. It's top 10 bucket list though, for sure.

There is a good chance I will be able to go to this year's US WEC in Texas though, which will be super awesome. I am totally stoked. But there is nothing like the 24Hr Le Mans as you know.

Really glad that you got to be there. Get some rest and enjoy the rest of your holiday Sir.

Ah I didn't realise you were American! Fair enough, it's only a quick ferry trip and a four hour drive for me.

Cheers buddy, give me a week or so and I'll be panning Le Mans trip number 8!

Anybody else read posts like this and wonder what on earth could a person have experienced in their life to form such an opinion? It's just bizarre!

Specifically Toyota? Why not Audi?

Manufacturers of family cars should not race at all? How about the development of technology and the passing down of that to road cars.

On a side note, I'm thinking about doing some piece of artwork to send to TGR guys to cheer them up and compliment their effort. Any ideas? Just picturing a #5 car is too bland IMO, but I don't want to overdo it either.
TS050-tan anyone?

On a side note, I'm thinking about doing some piece of artwork to send to TGR guys to cheer them up and compliment their effort. Any ideas? Just picturing a #5 car is too bland IMO, but I don't want to overdo it either.
Your words will mean more than any artwork at his time.

I'm going to do something on behalf of the TGR UK fan group. Need to do some thinking.

It's one thing to deliberately deceive the rule-makers by sandbagging through every pre-event race or test but then to tell the stewards to penalise the 2nd place car over something so trivial because it dared to keep up with them is beyond bad sportsmanship. Ford may have finished in first place but they are not winners.

I hate BOP. And I nominate Toni Vilander for hero of the event, for ordering his team to IGNORE the flags. Risky move, but when the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Shame on you ACO for manufacturing Ford's win through BOP and for even trying to make it a 1-2-3 at the very end. Thankfully someone was clever enough to find an honorable way out of the mess you made of the GTPro class.

Gutted for TOYOTA, I was rooting from them since the start. But you can't blame it on Porsche. They did what they had to do to keep the TOYOTA pushing, and it paid off at the very end (at the end of the 23rd hour, and 23rd is the new 11th as we all know)

Back