2016 Mexico General Discussion (Live Events Only!)

• Thread starter CinnamonOD
  • 158 comments
Mexico
Tijuana, B.C.
MRT_Cinnamon
It's here :D

So, it'll be 28 people on a national semifinal, 14 selected from the online qualifier and the other 14 selected from the best times on the race pods installed on selected cities, I think they will be on the most populated, Like Mexico City, Guadalajara, Juarez, Tijuana, Monterrey and Chihuahua

So excited that this is here :D:tup:

It's time to create a PSN account with my actual birthdate :lol:

Yes!, I Hope AJHG and me can make it into the semifinals.
The only Mexican SNAILs :D

and thanks Doodle! I'll need so much luck hahaha

Unfortunately the announcement came just as I was starting my vacation trip so I haven't been able to keep up... so awesome to finally be able to compete and have our own leaderboards!

I don't even have GT6 yet but you can bet I'll be downloading GT Academy. :)

I was going to tell him that, but I wasn't sure, because GT Academy qualifiers have always been downloadable, but I was hearing that GT Academy 2014 will be integrated to the game.

Not a good move from PD, I'm afraid :(

What? darn it. Yeah, they had all been downloadable to this point, I assumed it'd be the same this year. I guess I'll get it this week then.

Wait, wat????? D:

GT acadamy coming to Mexico?????????

Why didn't I notice this??? I check autocosmos.com.mx almost daily!!!!!

Ughh... and I still don't have GT6!!! :(

I don't know, sounds pretty unfair to me, I think if there is a country that has a huuuuuge racing heritage is Mexico... they should pick the Mexican Champion right away... :/

BTW, are you going to participate??? @AJHG1000

:0 omfg I didn't even know about this :lol: in fact, I have not turned up my PS3 in about 5 months, let alone playing Gran Turismo. I'll join in but I waaaaaaaay suck, so I don 't even expect to go further than the first round.

Not to mention, I'm even worse at real-life track racing. I've had my fair share of chances and every single time it ends up in a big lol with the front of the car pointed where it shouldn't be pointed. But hell it'll be fun at least playing around with you guys.

I think if there is a country that has a huuuuuge racing heritage is Mexico...

Lol dude, come on. If there is ONE countrythat's way behind in anything automotive, is Mexico. Specially in amateur racing driver. If GT Academy came only here looking for talented drivers, sure they would end up with a lot of people participating, but with like, eh, 2 at most that could actually be competitive at an international motorsport level.

@Cano I know. There are many wannabes out there thinking they are the big deal with their tuned Chevrolet Sparks and stuff, but I still think there are guys with very good chances out there...

There was one time I got my rear end destroyed by some guys from Monterrey about a year ago... they were insanely fast... :crazy:

I don't know, sounds pretty unfair to me, I think if there is a country that has a huuuuuge racing heritage is Mexico... they should pick the Mexican Champion right away... :/

BTW, are you going to participate??? @AJHG1000

I'm not even 18, my driving license is expired, and I'll renew when I turn 18, I'll do my best, but I'd have to wait till next year.

Lol dude, come on. If there is ONE countrythat's way behind in anything automotive, is Mexico. Specially in amateur racing driver. If GT Academy came only here looking for talented drivers, sure they would end up with a lot of people participating, but with like, eh, 2 at most that could actually be competitive at an international motorsport level.

@JJLopez427 and I know some people that are competitive at GT Academy level, they're more than two :D

And yeah, Automotive stuff is not Mexico's strongest point, neither is soccer, yet it gets all the attention :(

I mean, come on!, I can watch amateur British rally on TV, but I can't find neither the MTCC or NASCAR México

I'm not even 18, my driving license is expired, and I'll renew when I turn 18, I'll do my best, but I'd have to wait till next year.

Ouch :crazy:

I mean, come on!, I can watch amateur British rally on TV, but I can't find neither the MTCC or NASCAR México

I've seen the Nascar México on Foro TV (Canal 4) from time to time... but yeah... It hardly gets any attention...

what time does your game say the academy is gonna open? We over at NA trying to figure out whether it shows local time or some specific timezone.

There was one time I got my rear end destroyed by some guys from Monterrey about a year ago... they were insanely fast... :crazy:

@JJLopez427 and I know some people that are competitive at GT Academy level, they're more than two :D

Yesss people but you're just seeing one aspect of the GT Academy thing. You might be fast in the game, but have any of you ever tried racing in real life? Heck, not racing, have you ever tried driving more or less fast in a track? working in the car magazine stuff has given me chances of driving and riding shotgun in all kind of car stuff, from a Spark three-wheeling in corners to the new Viper and all it's 600+ horse brutality. And I'll tell you, it's nothing like in the game. Hell you even get dizzy after a while. Fancy some vomiting and being absolutely flat-out tired after 3 hours because of the adrenaline rush? Just the movement of the car itself at speed is startling, any car.

Believe me people, you will be competitive for sure, but it's going to take way more than that to be able to suceed in GT Academy's ultimate goal. That is why I refered to amateur racing driving when I said that Mexico is way behind. How many of you have tried track days with your cars? Or autocross? Or one of a thousand amateur racing series that exist in here? I'll answer: none of you, because that is practically inexistent in Mexico with the exception of private track days. I suggest you jump in your cars and start tackilng b-roads around home, try to get some good butt time in as well as screen-time, so when the time comes to strap yourself in a Nissan for the real-life events, you'll at least have some background.

I'm sure I'll have some time in my back...

Does competing in junior dirt track racing count? even if it was only 3 races stages and I did not sucked neither surprised anyone? :lol:

Last edited:
I know about that... I've tested (don't laugh @Cano :lol: ) almost all the Toyota Mexico lineup extensively... nothing radical, but I've done some good hours of testing on many of them...

:D

I know I don't have a chance, but if I can get GT6 on a bargain this week (I've already seen it as low as 500 pesos), I'm in for teh lulz :lol:

I can't even participate :lol: Too young.

Heck I'll give it a go to see how far can I go, and get ready for the 2018-19 GT Academy if it still exists by then. :D

Also, to add to the dscussion, if you've seen the GT Academy reality show you'll see that most participants have some experience in racing.

You guys better push and one of you better win!

I'm putting in a good word for you guys to Race camp people.

And you guys that slacked on GT6 no manche! Hurry up and get it ASAP it's not going to be easy simple or straightforward as you think, throw away all precedents you've gathered from previous Academies!

Si-se-puede!

14, almost 15. Don't worry I'm legal. ;)

How old did you imagine I was? :lol:

I tought you were closer to my age (17)

You guys better push and one of you better win!

I'm putting in a good word for you guys to Race camp people.

And you guys that slacked on GT6 no manche! Hurry up and get it ASAP it's not going to be easy simple or straightforward as you think, throw away all precedents you've gathered from previous Academies!

Si-se-puede!

Will do my best, but it'll be until next year to have a real chance!

Thank you :D :cheers:

Back