2016 Mexico General Discussion (Live Events Only!)

• Thread starter CinnamonOD
  • 158 comments
Dont worry bud an Australian will win it anyway
I'm laughing at your comment right now :lol:

10608233_10152311022725197_2594261939777276537_o.jpg

You're the best, Ricardo!!!

Nice. I don't feel that old now. You on the other hand should really get to work for next competition! Get a wheel and get to training. If anything that dude just showed the world it is more than possible to win this. :)

So happy waking up and hearing the news, almost couldn't believe it! This makes up for the World Cup big time! hahaha, awesome job Ricardo, awesome freaking job! :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Congratulations to him! I still can't believe it!
We need to practice a lot, hopefully a Mexican GTP member can make it next year ;)

I'm really damned happy. Now comes the hard part. According to Nissan Mexico's website, his first outing would be in the 24h of Dubai. That's massive.
Yeah that's the first race for a GT Academy graduate
Ah, no.

He'll need to participate in - and finish - 12 races over the autumn in order to get enough signatures to qualify for his International (C, I think, but it might be B) licence required to race at the Dubai 24. These are usually domestic UK club races in GT4 class, like Britcar and 750MC but also GT4 European Cup in later stages.

Ah, no.

He'll need to participate in - and finish - 12 races over the autumn in order to get enough signatures to qualify for his International (C, I think, but it might be B) licence required to race at the Dubai 24. These are usually domestic UK club races in GT4 class, like Britcar and 750MC but also GT4 European Cup in later stages.
Oh foolish me, thinking they automatically get the licence. :lol:
Thank you for the info :cheers:

Ah, no.

only has to start and finish?

Depends on the event as to whether he has to start and finish the race - some will be longer races with a mandatory 2 driver line-up and driver change - but yes, he has to participate in 12 races in which his car starts and finishes the race in order to accumulate the required number of steward signatures on his licence. I think it's 6 at National B level and 6 at National A level, but I'd have to check that to be sure.

Depends on the event as to whether he has to start and finish the race - some will be longer races with a mandatory 2 driver line-up and driver change - but yes, he has to participate in 12 races in which his car starts and finishes the race in order to accumulate the required number of steward signatures on his licence. I think it's 6 at National B level and 6 at National A level, but I'd have to check that to be sure.

Actually @Famine he needs 11 races and one as a marshal to get the license.
It was great to meet you in person there mate!☺

Ah yes, there's a marshalling requirement for the National B. Forgot about that one :D

I kinda talked my way into attending the last day - I figured that GTPlanet should be on hand to support all of our members, not just the European and North American ones (actually, we can't do the same treatment US/Canada race camp because it's all secret due to a reality TV show!) - so it was good to bump into some of our members, like yourself, from other nations. I enjoyed watching the racing I got to watch and the five territories' finalists chucked up a pretty close race with some good laptimes - it'll be fun watching Ricardo's development and I hope some of you guys make your own way into motorsports :D

Was he about to drop an F-bomb in the English video? :lol:

Can't help but smile when I hear him talk. He's so happy. Well earned victory. So happy for him.

Hopefully he'll register here like some other winners have. :)

I think it's time to bring this one up again.

Not going to try it this year, although it looks possible for me to get to the National Finals.

Reasons are:
-I want to focus on University
-I don't have a wheel

I think it's time to bring this one up again.

Not going to try it this year, although it looks possible for me to get to the National Finals.

Reasons are:
-I am a wuss.
-I am a wuss.

I see. :P

You should go for it, really! Hopefully we'll get a better turnout than last year, it makes me really happy to see the GT Academy available to Mexico once more.

Guys, does anyone know if the promoters changed the gran turismo pods for the on site time trials for this year? Last year pods were very uncomfortable and some of the wheels had broken buttons.

Last edited:
Back