2016 Mexico General Discussion (Live Events Only!)

• Thread starter CinnamonOD
  • 158 comments
I'll start the time bragging here... :D

1:04.164!!!

1869th Global position :D

0.926 seconds behind the leader!!!!

EDIT: 1:04.060 :D:tup:

Last edited:
You youngsters.

Yes, the account I'll (hopefully) be using is GTP_Coxis but I just got back from vacation yesterday and I still don't have the game. Maybe I'll stop by and get it today... or tomorrow.

Take your time :D:tup:!!!

I did a scroll from my position to the top of the leaderboard and I found out I'm in 3rd place in México

1:03.846

I'm not even 18, my driving license is expired, and I'll renew when I turn 18, I'll do my best, but I'd have to wait till next year.

@JJLopez427 and I know some people that are competitive at GT Academy level, they're more than two :D

And yeah, Automotive stuff is not Mexico's strongest point, neither is soccer, yet it gets all the attention :(

I mean, come on!, I can watch amateur British rally on TV, but I can't find neither the MTCC or NASCAR México

@AJHG1000 You're right AJ, most of them are from GTMX team (as you may have noticed on the leaderboard :D)

I see much of the guys here are much younger and faster than me haha

Yesterday I did about 30 laps to get a 1:04:4XX with my DS3, nothing impressive.
Hopefully I can shave a few thents more with the G27 :)

EDIT: 1:04.140 :)

Last edited:
Nissan Mexico published the top times for the race pod selection event (they're here!)

I've just contacted them to ask the details of the event settings (car, track, aids, etc.), hoping that the message they responded me when I first contacted them was just not a coincidence!

Yesterday I made a few laps on a race pod, but it was a pain to drive, the wheel was in a uncomfortable position, the seat and pedals too, no sound.. I don't play too often since GT6 came out, Silverstone is completely unknown for me, so I ended with a 0.58.05 lap. Does the first rounds of the in-game version are very important to qualify? I think it time to clean my pod :)

Yesterday I made a few laps on a race pod, but it was a pain to drive, the wheel was in a uncomfortable position, the seat and pedals too, no sound.. I don't play too often since GT6 came out, Silverstone is completely unknown for me, so I ended with a 0.58.05 lap. Does the first rounds of the in-game version are very important to qualify? I think it time to clean my pod :)
Wait, you've race in a pod?!?!!?!

What are the conditions of the pod qualifier?

And no, they aren't that important, they just give the people bragging rights :), but I think you have to get at least Bronze to progress through the rounds :D:tup:

Eduardo, is it?

Wait, you've race in a pod?!?!!?!

What are the conditions of the pod qualifier?

And no, they aren't that important, they just give the people bragging rights :), but I think you have to get at least Bronze to progress through the rounds :D:tup:

Eduardo, is it?

Yup, the track is Silverstone National Circuit, the car is Nissan GTR Black Edition 12, didn't take a deeper look in driving settings, I tried to replicate at home but got worst times. So some setting was different from default. Maybe next week I could go again to do a few more laps and I'll check the settings.

Nice, I've already got gold on first round but couldn't get under 5000 place on these two days. I'm gonna start this weekend round 2.

Yes, Eduardo. Thanks man!

Yup, the track is Silverstone National Circuit, the car is Nissan GTR Black Edition 12, didn't take a deeper look in driving settings, I tried to replicate at home but got worst times. So some setting was different from default. Maybe next week I could go again to do a few more laps and I'll check the settings.

Nice, I've already got gold on first round but couldn't get under 5000 place on these two days. I'm gonna start this weekend round 2.

Yes, Eduardo. Thanks man!

Hello guys,
If you want more information of the GT academy in Mexico, be sure to enter our GT6 room "Sala GTMX" and check our facebook group page "Escuderia Gran turismo Mexico".

From what I heard talking yesterday with one of my friends, the GTR is running on RS tires with all aids (even abs) off.
He got 0:56.121 after only five laps if a remember well, He said the people were completely surprised! :D

Yesterday, I got 0:55.8XX practicing with the same setting on our GTMX room.

So I think mids 0:54 can put you into the lucky 14.

Hello guys,
If you want more information of the GT academy in Mexico, be sure to enter our GT6 room "Sala GTMX" and check our facebook group page "Escuderia Gran turismo Mexico".

From what I heard talking yesterday with one of my friends, the GTR is running on RS tires with all aids (even abs) off.
He got 0:56.121 after only five laps if a remember well, He said the people were completely surprised! :D

Yesterday, I got 0:55.8XX practicing with the same setting on our GTMX room.

So I think mids 0:54 can put you into the lucky 14.
I'll do :D

So you're telling me that they're leaving 14 mexican aliens outside of the national final, and letting in 14 not-so-fast players in?

I'll do :D

So you're telling me that they're leaving 14 mexican aliens outside of the national final, and letting in 14 not-so-fast players in?

Practically, if live pod events don't came to your city you have half the chances to qualify.
It's a shame, currently I'm into the 28 mexican fastest drivers in both rounds but if at least five of the guys above me can't assist to one of the live events I'm out.

I don't know his name, but his PSN is Ricky_Rincon

He is pretty quick (I've raced with him several time and I fall behind him about .500 secs a lap in one make races), but a friend who also advanced to the national final said that he was one of the most fit and prepared for this.

I'll need to check it

Also, I didn't have the time to set a time in the final round, but based on a friend's time I could end up in the top 25 :(

What a disappointment

Actually, there are six winners :eek:

They are:
Ricardo Sánchez
Jorge Solórzano
Fransisco Fernandez
Aarón Miranda
Ricardo Guerrero
Jake Vite

The final was at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez

Last edited:
Thanks 👍 Have PSN names to go with that list? I can't believe Coxis didn't make it.

I can expect him to be fast, assuming by his avatar, he spends a lot of time in the iRacing section, and that's some serious racing there

@Coxis 1v1 me :lol:

You guys are going to hate me for this. Also in no way do I intend this to be demeaning to any of you who like GT6.

Shortly after hearing the news about GTAcademyMX I actually went and purchased GT6. I put it on my disc tray and low and behold... Gran Turismo physics.

I just can't stand them anymore, not after trying PC sims. :( I'm not going to lie and say I'm extremely fast, but I'm somewhat certain I could've at least made the regional finals.

In any case, I'm 27 soon to be 28, even if I was to (in a very crazy scenario) win the competition, the Academy has a reputation to toss away players who are either too old to realistically pursue a career in motorsports or aren't physically fit for it.

You guys are going to hate me for this. Also in no way do I intend this to be demeaning to any of you who like GT6.

Shortly after hearing the news about GTAcademyMX I actually went and purchased GT6. I put it on my disc tray and low and behold... Gran Turismo physics.

I just can't stand them anymore, not after trying PC sims. :( I'm not going to lie and say I'm extremely fast, but I'm somewhat certain I could've at least made the regional finals.

In any case, I'm 27 soon to be 28, even if I was to (in a very crazy scenario) win the competition, the Academy has a reputation to toss away players who are either too old to realistically pursue a career in motorsports or aren't physically fit for it.
Dont worry bud an Australian will win it anyway

Back