2016 Nissan Titan now with New Gasoline and Cummins Diesel Engines- King cab unveiled

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 267 comments
You didn't hear this from me but there will be a 'transition' year for '20 with the current truck using the new engines, then in '21 we'll get an all new truck that will NOT be the global Navara.
No, I think this is the first time I've heard of it. So Nissan's actually planning to release a new model there of the said pickup in the next few years? I hope it will be as fascinating as the current crop of its competitors, because like everybody knows, the outgoing model has been existing there for more than a decade already.

No, I think this is the first time I've heard of it. So Nissan's actually planning to release a new model there of the said pickup in the next few years? I hope it will be as fascinating as the current crop of its competitors, because like everybody knows, the outgoing model has been existing there for more than a decade already.
It may be old but it's a solid truck. If you don't care about the super old interior, it's a good buy. Way cheaper than it's competitors and it will get the job done. Despite it's age it still sells fairly well.

It may be old but it's a solid truck. If you don't care about the super old interior, it's a good buy. Way cheaper than it's competitors and it will get the job done. Despite it's age it still sells fairly well.
Yes so it seems like it has aged gracefully, despite that fact. I hope the model that replaces it will be the same as well.

Titan XD Warrior for the MY2020, anyone? Nope? :confused:

2020-nissan-titan-teaser-jpg.853248

Yes, so far. Probably this 26th, they'll also reveal the exterior and interior updates on the other trims as well. ;)
The gist of it is: Hardly noticable front/rear styling updates. The 7-speed auto will be swapped for a 9-speed. Some minor interior updates that include a bigger infotainment screen, and an available panoramic sunroof. Colors, wheels, that's about it.

The gist of it is: Hardly noticable front/rear styling updates. The 7-speed auto will be swapped for a 9-speed. Some minor interior updates that include a bigger infotainment screen, and an available panoramic sunroof. Colors, wheels, that's about it.
Yeah. Overall, it's just a facelift but still better than nothing at all, I guess.

Whoa. So the front end still stays the same, after all. I initially thought that they've resculpted some parts of the front fascia but they've mostly remained the same after all, unlike what they did to the Patrol.

To me, the 3rd picture makes the truck look unchanged since it was first released... That's a bit underwhelming considering how long it's been.

edit: and the headlight assembly is god-awful being that large...

I'm sure it's nothing worse than the current headlight design (and fascia) of the Silverado. But still, the other full-size trucks have a better looking front-end.

Thats a shame but to be fair 1 in every 100 pickups trucks I see are titans and I see more first gen titans than I do current gens. The only time I see the current gen is when I drive by a Nissan dealership and see their lots completely packed with new Titans, which probably says a lot about why it's being phased out....

I'm shocked it wasn't killed off a year or two back.

They attempted the 1/2 ton HD segment that Ford & GM already tried and abandoned years before. Styling the truck to look like a 12th gen F150 with the mumps probably didn't help.

I don't think I've ever even seen a Titan HD. I don't think Nissan ever got the messaging right - there was no back story, no compelling reason to get a Titan over anything else. By contrast, Toyota staged a marketing war to launch the 2nd gen Tundra (the T100 and first gen Tundra were pretty forgettable honestly even if they were built well - many are still around and technically good trucks), and that truck became a self-reinforcing story in itself.

I remember when the first Pathfinder came out. There was a commercial about it traversing the Amazon. Also remember rthe Hardbody ads. Obviously, I’ve not been in the states to see how the Titan was promoted, but if It’s supposed to be the bread & butter F-150-type ultimate workload Nissan, I ain’t heard of it much.

Sounding pretty official now. Wonder how much money Nissan flushed down the toilet on the second generation that could have been reappropriated to anything else they had in their lineup that needed replacement when the Titan came out.

Last edited:

Sounding pretty official now. Wonder how much money Nissan flushed down the toilet on the second generation that could have been reappropriated to anything else they had in their lineup that needed replacement when the Titan came out.
Titan actually went through three design concepts before release. At one point it was going to share a platform with RAM.

Its a good truck, but its not a Ford, Chevy or RAM so nobody is interested.

I don't think I've ever even seen a Titan HD. I don't think Nissan ever got the messaging right - there was no back story, no compelling reason to get a Titan over anything else. By contrast, Toyota staged a marketing war to launch the 2nd gen Tundra (the T100 and first gen Tundra were pretty forgettable honestly even if they were built well - many are still around and technically good trucks), and that truck became a self-reinforcing story in itself.
The Tundra also benefits from a lot of Tacoma owners "upgrading". The Taco being the king of the midsize sales turns a lot of people into Tundra owners. Heck, before this year that Tundra was old and even then it was almost double the sales of the much-newer Titan (90k~ Tundra Annual vs 53k~ Titan Annual vs 49k~ F-Series in a single month). The Frontier being left on the vine for as long as it was did no favors to the Titan to help conversion customers.

Kinda wild how well the first one sold - and is still a good used truck to this day - but the new one missed the mark almost entirely.

Just want to say that I absolutely can't stand this last gen Titan. It must have the world record for most-glare-emitting-headlight unit of recent history. If Nissan were serious about trucks, they would have partnered with Cummins and built the Achates engine using their parts catalog.

Latest Posts

Back