2016 Nissan Titan now with New Gasoline and Cummins Diesel Engines- King cab unveiled

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 267 comments
Titan King cab unveiled for the Chicago auto show
2017-nissan-titan-king-cab.jpg

Hearing this news, I am of the opinion that the sales in the US aren't doing as well as they would like so they are looking to spread to other markets to increase sales.

What the Titan really needs to stand out is something crazy like an Achates-Cummins powerplant. I don't think the Cummins diesel as it stands is any better than what VMM and Dodge offer.

Just saying, Nissan. Just saying...

Just saying, Nissan. Just saying...

Never heard of an engine with that type of format... Guess I'll be waiting for one on EngineeringExplained lol

Also, what is the oil efficiency on something like that? It just screams of lower cylinder oil pooling like on radials for some reason.

Pay no attention to the moron host. The 37mpg is the combined rating. Gasoline.

Saw a Titan yesterday. All white with black wheels. Not sure if it was like that sport model above, but I thought it was an F-150 with that big flat nose. The bed looked really low and long. So, took me some time to register what it was, as it got closer in opposite lane of traffic.

It also looks like the Titan XD Warrior will never be a dream come true anymore. Just a beautiful concept that might be shelved forever. :(

Surprised they aren't going to axe the whole Titan lineup. I've seen maybe 2 of these new ones on the road since they came out,
I see them all over, might depend on your location. Sad though, it's really not a bad truck and it has the best warranty of them all.

With that said, I expect them to keep the Titan around at least for this generation. They may not replace it with an all new one.

Granted the bay area isn't exactly pickup truck country, but I've seen maybe 1 of the new generation Titan in the 3 years I've lived here. I think the Titan was just too ugly for a truck with such a large provenance/credibility gap. All that being said, a friend of mine has one and swears by it up and down. I gather they are decent trucks.

I see them all over, might depend on your location. Sad though, it's really not a bad truck and it has the best warranty of them all.

Around here I see plenty of newer Fords/Chevys/Rams. The occasional newer Tundra, but Titans are a rare sight.

Granted the bay area isn't exactly pickup truck country, but I've seen maybe 1 of the new generation Titan in the 3 years I've lived here. I think the Titan was just too ugly for a truck with such a large provenance/credibility gap. All that being said, a friend of mine has one and swears by it up and down. I gather they are decent trucks.
Some may call it ugly but it's certainly no new Silverado. That thing takes the crown.

Around here I see plenty of newer Fords/Chevys/Rams. The occasional newer Tundra, but Titans are a rare sight.
Of course, the trucks from the big three will still be a lot common there than their Asian-branded counterparts. What do you expect.

Of course, the trucks from the big three will still be a lot common there than their Asian-branded counterparts. What do you expect.

Never much from the new Titan. To be fair, Nissan met my expectations.

Surprised they aren't going to axe the whole Titan lineup. I've seen maybe 2 of these new ones on the road since they came out,

I've seen about the same number, which is surprising since I live about 2 miles from a Nissan dealer. They really should have sunk the money into a new Frontier considering it seems like that market is more open to brands outside of the big-3. I think they are finally coming out with a new one, but I have a feeling it will be a case of "too little, too late" now that FCA and Ford have both recently entered that arena.

There is a newer Frontier that's already offered in other regions since 2014 and dubbed as D23.

However, this model still doesn't replace the existing old D40 Frontier in the NA market. If ever Nissan decides to replace the outgoing model next year with this one, then the platform would be six years old already.

I hope Nissan wouldn't do what Ford did there with the Ranger. By this, I mean bringing the latest model there when it is already more than 5-years old since its release in other regions.

There is a newer Frontier that's already offered in other regions since 2014 and dubbed as D23.

However, this model still doesn't replace the existing old D40 Frontier in the NA market. If ever Nissan decides to replace the outgoing model next year with this one, then the platform would be six years old already.

I hope Nissan wouldn't do what Ford did there with the Ranger. By this, I mean bringing the latest model there when it is already more than 5-years old since its release in other regions.
You didn't hear this from me but there will be a 'transition' year for '20 with the current truck using the new engines, then in '21 we'll get an all new truck that will NOT be the global Navara.

Back