2016 Nissan Titan now with New Gasoline and Cummins Diesel Engines- King cab unveiled

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 267 comments
That's not based on the Titan though. Not sure if we have a Frontier/Navara thread but it should probably go in there or it's own thread. ;)

I will say up front the gas Titan is 700lbs lighter than the diesel but it whipped the diesel towing the same trailer at high altitude w/o a turbo.

I noticed that the base trim (S) has no fake fender vent. The truck looks better without the vent. I wish you could get opt to have the fender vent removed on the other trim levels.
I agree, that fake vent (which actually started out life as a real vent) should only be on the Cummins models. I wonder how much it would cost to buy new fenders from Nissan without it then have them painted and installed.

The new 1/2 ton Titan will debut at a Nissan press event next week according to the TFL truck guys who are attending.

I will say up front the gas Titan is 700lbs lighter than the diesel but it whipped the diesel towing the same trailer at high altitude w/o a turbo.

When your at top speed wouldn't Power also matter at this point, the torque would definitely help but i can't help but think power would too when it comes to top speed, if it was stop and start the diesel should have an advantage.

Nissan unveils regular cab of the Titan and Titan XD

2017-nissan-titan-single-cab.jpg

More confirmation that the Cummins is a waste of 5k and one thing that wasnt mentioned in this test is they both beat the 2016 Ford 3.5 ecoboost that only managed 8.5 mpg towing the same trailer and is a much lighter truck.

Are they making a short bed regular cab or just the long bed?
Regular cab short bed wasn't planned but spy shots of a mule were posted a while back so it might happen. The issue is that they would need to build a shorter frame for it and I don't think they wanted to spend the money on it.

Is it just me or is this the most hideous truck I've ever seen?
The regular 1/2 ton looks great IMO. Especially in Pro4X trim.

You mean above the driver? Looks like satellite radio receiver, new Sierra has it there as well
No, the way the B pillar narrows at the top instead of maintaining the same line from the door sill. The extra space behind the seat is now only useful near the bottom because the top of the cab is too close to the back of seat making the inevitable coat/hanging hooks at the top of the window useless.

No, the way the B pillar narrows at the top instead of maintaining the same line from the door sill. The extra space behind the seat is now only useful near the bottom because the top of the cab is too close to the back of seat making the inevitable coat/hanging hooks at the top of the window useless.

I can't really see what you're getting at sorry, from your first comment I thought you meant the new location for the receivers on trucks, sorry. Thanks for clarifying even if I didn't see the connection 👍

I can't really see what you're getting at sorry, from your first comment I thought you meant the new location for the receivers on trucks, sorry. Thanks for clarifying even if I didn't see the connection 👍
Looking at this angle the it looks normal so I guess I was fooled by the angle of the pictures above.

2017_Nissan_TITAN_XD_S_Single_Cab_08.jpg

2017_Nissan_TITAN_SV_Single_Cab_04.jpg

That greenhouse doesn't really look like it goes with that truck. Kinda weird from that angle.
It's very feminine and looks clostrophobic. It looks weird as hell on the regular cab and I really don't like it at all.

2017 Nissan Titan and XD get longest truck warranty in US

Nissan will give buyers an extended warranty, providing bumper-to-bumper coverage that matches the powertrain warranty period, which in and of itself is a little longer than the standard in the segment. Basically, the whole truck is covered for 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. It's an aggressive move that shows some confidence in the new trucks, and a competitive advantage to entice buyers to switch to a new brand.

Also, embargo lifted at midnight so first drives are starting to hit the web.

Hey @R1600Turbo

Do you know if the new Titan is going to be able get both the extended cab and 8' bed?

I believe Toyota and Ford are the only other 1/2 ton truck players that offer it and I know the Titan has in the past. Curious to see if they do it again.

Hey @R1600Turbo

Do you know if the new Titan is going to be able get both the extended cab and 8' bed?

I believe Toyota and Ford are the only other 1/2 ton truck players that offer it and I know the Titan has in the past. Curious to see if they do it again.
Not at the moment. They only want to utilize one size frame to save costs, so 8' (8.5' I think) is single cab only.

Back