2016 Nvidia Challenger Series

• Thread starter Animera
  • 163 comments
Nice one, i really need to learn this track i still haven't even been on it yet :lol:

So do you find it any better/faster with that view?

Nice one, i really need to learn this track i still haven't even been on it yet :lol:

So do you find it any better/faster with that view?

Hehe thanks took me 4 evening to manage it so it can't be too slow :D
Heh and better start doing some looking around I think for even though it's not that complicated track there's few corners that need some practice... Especially the second corners is really quite tough and it doesn't show on my replay but the rear tire is on the white line already!! should be no danger of DQ for from the replay I could see the whole white line still under my car... But yeah, it's a bit odd bend when you have to be so tidy keeping the car in bounds..

And yeah I'd say driving from the hood cam really is the way to go for me at least... it feels I can detect the ca motion better from hood than interior... Doesn't really help much seeing the track limits but balancing the car feels bit easier and as I've really done like 90% of my SIM-racing from bumper view this really is way more familiar look than the interior...

But yeah give it a go, still almost two weeks to go until the event so I'd say you have plenty of time to switch away from hood cam if it doesn't feel that good... this probably is quite personal but for me the hood cam is definitely the easiest...

Doing some driving at Ruapuna park and I have to mention that I've changed my mind on the second corner :D

Opposite of what I said early on I now think hitting the inside curb is brilliant idea for I can turn the car a bit if I hit it just right... Shifting down to 3rd helps to drop down the speed so that the curb won't throw you off..

Heheh well I've been hot lapping at ruapuna in all sorts of cars :D took me quite some time to get used to the falcon again yesterday after long tail and 98t :D

Only ran like half an hour at Imola but wish I had took on that even too, it's going to be long week wating for the next event for I've mostly done with practising and the combo is getting bit too familiar already... Hehehe now I'm just actually hoping I don't have too much stuff to do next weekend for even though I think I have routine for pretty good lap I will need all the hours possible to nail it in...

I like Alpine too at Imola. I did 1'36.2.

Not too bad I think, after really short session I only got under 38's.. Don't know if I even got to the LB :D

@Zakspeed_TV Just comes to mind that have you done any pre-event practise on these events before? Just interested to know is the on coming event somehow possibly different than what we get in TT mode :odd: different time of day examle??

Also is it really so that you can adjust the roll bars and brakes as long as you do it while running in the event??

By the way I shaved off a tenth from my lap that I posted the video of and if some of you guys find more speed I would love to see how it's done :dopey: possibly one more tenth for me to improve but after that I doubt I can get any lower... Just bit boring I can't compare my time with anyone to get some sort of idea where and how much I'm loosing speed...

Got to mention that I went back to my original idea of avoiding that inner curb in 2nd corner :rolleyes: going over the curb seems like someone may possibly gain from there but for me it feels too random..

ODB
@Zakspeed_TV Just comes to mind that have you done any pre-event practise on these events before? Just interested to know is the on coming event somehow possibly different than what we get in TT mode :odd: different time of day examle??

Also is it really so that you can adjust the roll bars and brakes as long as you do it while running in the event??

Done a little practice but no were near enough, i know most teams work on the car well before the event so the tune is right and ready to go.

The challenges are set the same as TT i think, in stock events its only possible to change brake bias so iv been told, in the tuned events you should be able to change both on the fly.

Need to learn ruapuna asap now, but there's something else i need to look at first :) just not enough time to get on 👎

Done a little practice but no were near enough, i know most teams work on the car well before the event so the tune is right and ready to go.

The challenges are set the same as TT i think, in stock events its only possible to change brake bias so iv been told, in the tuned events you should be able to change both on the fly.

Need to learn ruapuna asap now, but there's something else i need to look at first :) just not enough time to get on 👎

Ok well changing brake bias towards rear didn't do any good and on stock bias front is locking up already so I don't think there's much to do with brake bias.. Well perhaps on some particular corner it might be of help but I don't believe one can win too much time for most of the corner need good braking power and you can prerry much lock the rear tires just by shifting so... Hmm now that I think about it I have to try it out on higher front bias to see if I'm able to stop earlier...

Hehe and what comes to practising towards this even I have to openly admit that I'm already in risk of getting frustrated running the same thing over and over so my preparation could not be much better :D gonna be quite pissed if I'm not high at the ranks after this event :D always a risk so eager to see how it goes :)

Last edited:
ODB
Ok well changing brake bias towards rear didn't do any good and on stock bias front is locking up already so I don't think there's much to do with brake bias.. Well perhaps on some particular corner it might be of help but I don't believe one can win too much time for most of the corner need good braking power and you can prerry much lock the rear tires just by shifting so... Hmm now that I think about it I have to try it out on higher front bias to see if I'm able to stop earlier...

Hehe and what comes to practising towards this even I have to openly admit that I'm already in risk of getting frustrated running the same thing over and over so my preparation could not be much better :D gonna be quite pissed if I'm not high at the ranks after this event :D always a risk so eager to see how it goes :)

Im sure you will do well mate, i mite be chasing your ghost on this one :)

Im sure you will do well mate, i mite be chasing your ghost on this one :)

Heh well either way the honest hope is to have good battle over the places at LB :)

Currently I'm actually spending some energy AVOIDING on contenplating too much who's gonna chase who :D I've really started the practising bit too early, feeling almost anxious ATM not being able to set my time yet :D going to be loooooooong week :D

Thought I post my lates effort, lap time is gettin really really close to my limit I'm pretty sure, and repeating even this time is not going to be easy...

Clipping the inside curb on second corners seems to be the fastest way, just have to approach from right angle so the car won't spin ir go wide...

Bit worried if I get to set a lap time on friday and then I'm going to be in hangover on saturday so... :D naah I think I should get close to this time no matter feeling bit fatique :D

Oh yeah I looked at the results from previous round and seemed (IIRC) that the whole of the top 30 is within ,5 seconds so competition is way more close than in GT...

Freaking interesting to see gow low times those aliens are able to set :dopey: probably really low 1.18's should probably be possible but gonna be amazing if someone can get below 18's :eek: (somehow I feel we'll see someone making it but really hard to predict anything for I have no idea how damn fast some of those guys can be :scared:)

Good luck and strong will :cheers:

Wow you have been busy, great time 👍 im just learning the track today so not sure am gonna be up there, i was getting lost in the first ten minutes :lol:

I wouldn't class anyone a alien unless there about 2 secs faster, im sure some will do late 17s tho.

Last edited:
im sure some will do late 17s tho.

Yeah just did few laps and I can beat my first sector with almost 2 tenths and I'm pretty sure I've driven the last two sectors over tenth faster (at least when combined lol) so I'd say the late 70's should be possible by all means... Lots of tricky places and that Falcon has to be driven quite carefully so don't know what sort of moves some guys are capable of and even though I got within two tenths from my current best today without too much fuzz I think I really should get somewhere around 18.5 or even below to maybe have a shot for the top 30 but really interesting to see how things develop...

, i was getting lost in the first ten minutes :lol:

Hehehe yeah had great fun yesterday when I learned the different variations of the track :dopey: falcon is also a really nimble car at it's best and moving the huge chassis around those tight bends on the midfield was pretty great when you just get it on a good line..

But yeah, best of luck and I hope I can run home from work bit early to set up a lap for I really don't have any time later on on friday...

:cheers:

ODB
Yeah just did few laps and I can beat my first sector with almost 2 tenths and I'm pretty sure I've driven the last two sectors over tenth faster (at least when combined lol) so I'd say the late 70's should be possible by all means... Lots of tricky places and that Falcon has to be driven quite carefully so don't know what sort of moves some guys are capable of and even though I got within two tenths from my current best today without too much fuzz I think I really should get somewhere around 18.5 or even below to maybe have a shot for the top 30 but really interesting to see how things develop...

Hehehe yeah had great fun yesterday when I learned the different variations of the track :dopey: falcon is also a really nimble car at it's best and moving the huge chassis around those tight bends on the midfield was pretty great when you just get it on a good line..

But yeah, best of luck and I hope I can run home from work bit early to set up a lap for I really don't have any time later on on friday...

I have learnt the track today, but need to learn how to drive this car now, stock tune is shocking :lol:

stock tune is shocking :lol:

Hahahha yeah well if I look back few weeks ago it really felt awful and I was spinning all the time IF I happened to get to turn at all :D heheh but yeah, it's quite nimble when you start getting it up to speed, just have to be really careful..

Heh good thing I copied your FFB setup long a go and even though I haven't played around with FFB by myself I'm guessing the one you posted on your thread is really responsive for looking at your hot lapping videos there sure is a lot of action in the cabin :D

hehe but yeah, heave-ho Keep her steady as she goes is the game plan I think so as you get used to it it's not that big of an issue... and always great fun trying to take something that feels like it was made for oval around quite tight track :D

Hah woke up bit too early for work and couldn't just lay on the bed (as usually :D ) before leaving home so I had to fire up the PS :D

Quick half an hour in half asleep 18.888 nice looking number and really early (in many ways :D ) 2nd place :D might have lost it already but was nice to get a lap in :dopey:

Track settings are a bit different for it seems like it's morning or evening in the time setup and it felt on a quick try like a hair more slippery :odd:

Someone was already under 18.4 so I'd guess the track isn't that much slower on this setup...

Oh yeah and the game does allow you to adjust ARB's while driving, but as I did a quick test earlier it didn't seem like moving them around did not help too much...

Good luck guys, hope I can drop in few more laps today :cheers:

Yes good luck all, im just on it now mate and thanks for the tip on rollbars 👍

Just saw your time pretty good I'd say :dopey:

I got under 18.5 just ten minutes ago :)👍

Seems like a tad stiffer rear ARB helps a bit am I right?? I mean you're the guy who knows tuning I believe :dopey:

Gonna roll around the track few more times then I have to go.. Got permit to come home few hours early (have to just do it next week :lol:) witch was pretty good for tomorrow my head hurts :D

Best of luck guys, hope I'm still at point places tomorrow still 3rd but that'll be looong gone when I get home :lol:

ODB
Just saw your time pretty good I'd say :dopey:

I got under 18.5 just ten minutes ago :)👍

Seems like a tad stiffer rear ARB helps a bit am I right?? I mean you're the guy who knows tuning I believe :dopey:

Gonna roll around the track few more times then I have to go.. Got permit to come home few hours early (have to just do it next week :lol:) witch was pretty good for tomorrow my head hurts :D

Best of luck guys, hope I'm still at point places tomorrow :scared:

Not messed fully with the rolls yet mate im still getting the feel for the car, but its great to know i can change them 👍

Yes you put a great time in there too mate 👍

Not messed fully with the rolls yet mate im still getting the feel for the car, but its great to know i can change them 👍
Just woke up for late nigh cigarette and you've gone past me well done man :bowdown: I have to say I'm impressed, had to work really hard to find speed to get below 18.5 and you did it in few days :dopey: looking great amazing speed man :)👍

Any pointers? :D

Heh well I didin't find any speed out of arb's yet but tell me if you did, please :dopey: (heheh I promise to share my tips in future too ;) I just love your FFB so would be nice if I can give something back :))

Heheheh naah, I left a tenth on the track yesterday and hope I can collect it today :rolleyes:

EDIT: and yeah, stupid to give out too much for there really is competition on for money, but just give some hint if you found something and I think I can work on it ;) problem probably is that I should drive better but it's bit stupid to have non tuning event while still tuning is possible :D

Last edited:
ODB
Just woke up for late nigh cigarette and you've gone past me well done man :bowdown: I have to say I'm impressed, had to work really hard to find speed to get below 18.5 and you did it in few days :dopey: looking great amazing speed man :)👍

Any pointers? :D

Heh well I didin't find any speed out of arb's yet but tell me if you did, please :dopey: (heheh I promise to share my tips in future too ;) I just love your FFB so would be nice if I can give something back :))

Heheheh naah, I left a tenth on the track yesterday and hope I can collect it today :rolleyes:

EDIT: and yeah, stupid to give out too much for there really is competition on for money, but just give some hint if you found something and I think I can work on it ;) problem probably is that I should drive better but it's bit stupid to have non tuning event while still tuning is possible :D

Hey mate yeah i made a good start yesterday but then had to leave it, i mite not get on till late sunday or monday now so this is were i lose ground. I bet I'm not even in the top ten now lol are many in 17s yet?

I did reduce roll bar on the front a little to get rid of a bit of understeer, but that was it really. The main thing is keeping traction as a little spin can lose so much time, I can defo improve when I'm next on as I was just getting to grips with it and had to leave it.

Did you improve yet? your first sector was very fast 👍

Did you improve yet? your first sector was very fast 👍

Heheh naah had a really rough night out yesterday and I'm just trying to wake up drinking coffee :D gonna give it a go pretty soon though and if I just can drive well I have 4 hours of playing time so I should get few opportunities to improve my lap... hangover really is't the best time to do hot lapping but must give it a go, hope my bump won't explode on me though :D

And yeah I've ran the first sector a bit faster too but I'd say I get it right 1 out of 10 times so it's quite random, getting the same first sector will do though for I'm loosing in the mid sector on my current best..

I did reduce roll bar on the front a little to get rid of a bit of understeer, but that was it really.

Heh well I had bit higher rear but I guess the result is almost the same... Although I'm thinking that stiffer rear ain't so good for the mid sector but have to do some testing today...

The main thing is keeping traction as a little spin can lose so much time, I can defo improve when I'm next on as I was just getting to grips with it and had to leave it.

Heh yeah easy to loose speed spinning the rear tires and the car really ain't so bad as you get in to the feel, not so easy to nail the whole lap though for the car goes off balance really easily :scared:

EDIT: Went past you @Zakspeed_TV by .005 seconds :dopey: softer front arb helps for the mid section and I think as I get over this hangover I can shave off one more tenth at least... probably going to be until monday before I'm back in shape for I had to repair the situation with few beers while driving and in while there's the hockey match so...

But yeah, there's a lot of low 18's and even under 18's so I hope I can cut off that one more tenth, should not be impossible, just started to get bit drunk today so I had to stop :lol:

EDIT2: shaved off bit over .06 seconds on each sector getting down to 18:186... hard to make any faster than that, gonna try it out tomorrow though...

Last edited:

Snap indeed :D just checked the LB nice work mate :D

I think I'm still leaving time towards the end lap but gonna be hard to get it.. have to admit that I'm starting to feel that practice didn't go to waste, could still make better but would have never made it even close these times without starting quite early :dopey:

Someone is already under 17.7 pretty freaking amazing, hope to see some video of such lap in the end of this, interesting to see how it's done...

Good luck if you guys gonna go at tomorrow still :cheers:

I did a 1:19:233, chuffed with that! It's a struggle with my wobbly T100! :P Although i couldn't change the brake bias or roll bars...... :(

Raupuna is a great track too!

It's a struggle with my wobbly T100! :P Although i couldn't change the brake bias or roll bars...... :(

Yeah it sure is hard work to keep it steady even with T300...

And adjusting arb's is bit complicated but doable so just try to follow me here... First you must get a degree in some higher programming language and in quantum mechanics and then obtain an old cathode ray tube TV and a microwave owen...

Use your new found knowlegde to construct a teleport from objects mentioned above but be REALLY careful when programming the software for even though you might be able to build teleport quite easily just one bug in the program and you might die in the process or get stuck in to the virtuality for the rest of your days :scared: I mean good thing in being a digital entity is that you basically live for ever, if someone just keeps the game running that is :rolleyes:

So after double triple and quadra checking the software jump in to the teleport you've constructed (you learn this on 3rd year studying quantum physics!) and push "go" and soon enough you'll find yourself from the game itself :eek: amazing :eek: now jump in to you falcon, enter the event and once on the track starting the lap and as it says "manual control" start climping out from the side window (bring the virtual wrench along!!) and make your way under the hood and start adjusting!! When complete maneuver yourself to to the trunk and repeat!! Takes a lot of work but car climbimg is ton of fun when you start getting the idea :dopey:

Then again if you consider yourself more of a spiritual type than scientific person you could try forming a sort of mental bond with the vehicle, quite difficult and takes great car knowlenge and plenty of time too :rolleyes: I usually start by giving the car proper wash and wax to "brake the ice" and then start getting bit more familiar with the car by taking a look of the cockpit and giving the car some compliments: "wow what a nice seats" and "would love to sit behind that wheel" the main idea never the less is to make the car feel comfortable with your presense so it won't feel raped when you climp in for the first time, if this happens game is over and you have to start studying physics :rolleyes: so when you start getting familiar enough with the car so it won't get offended when you take it out for a spin strart getting to know it better by taking in the bed with you every evening (or if the oil on the sheets bother go to the garage to sleep with it!!) so you'll be the last thing it sees when falling to sleep and first when waking up, be sure to have some fresh oil for it every morning and try to find all sorts of ways to make the car fall in love with you, bring it some flowers etc... This really is quite time consuming but usually after a month or so the car starts being so attached to me that I can start commanding with thought only!! (cars do hear your thoughts anyway, they just won't obey unless they trust you!!) So first make you and the car "become one" and then start throwing commands at it while on the track "CAR give me stiffer rear ARB!" and when this start working you can see a text appearing on the screen telling you the rear ARB's are now at 40/125 or what ever the value is that changed!! At first the car might tease you a bit by changing the front when you ask it to change the rear but don't get angry, it's just testing your trust!!! So let it do it's tricks and after a while you start feeling one with the car and it does exactly what you want!! Heck I've gotten so familiar with this falcon that it'll take me around the track in time 18.8 if I just ask it nicely :dopey: getting low 18's takes some proper rubbing while driving but I've been getting there too so getting to know the car is a great benefit ;)

Or then the 3rd option would be that I stop trying to be a smart ass and just tell you to go assing buttons in the game menu for the ARB's so you can adjust them from wheel buttons while driving (you can't tune the car in the game menu for this event, but changing brake bias and arb's is possible while driving if you just have buttons assigned!!) :D

My best is at the moment 1'19.840 (moved brake bias 55->53%).

That's towards the rear right? Tried it too but felt like I had to start braking earlier... Takes a good trailbraking with stock brakes though...

Also playing with the ARB's is bit problematic for while you can make the car steer better with lower front ARB it'll make the car even more wobbly than it already is... Going with stiffer rear makes the car bit steadier BUT it will also make the car oversteer quite badly and keeping the rear under control comes even more difficult than it already is...

Perhaps one notch softer front makes the can tad easier to drive trough the twisty mid sections but it also starts oversteering quite easily... Stiffer rear will make it steadier and steer better but exit oversteer becomes really bad...

I think I try to go with few notches stiffer rear ARB for the whole track today, makes the car quite much harder to drive but feels like I was making bit better sectors when I tried it out yesterday...

Never the less ARB's are two edged blade, you can get more maneuverability making the rear stiffer and front looser, but it will also make you loose tracktion easier so what sort of ARB's works best for you is quite personal and depends on what sort of lap times are you even trying to get... I'd say the car is perfectly balanced as it is to get at least high 18's but I also suspect that guys who are running below 18's have done something to the ARB and might even do something to them mid lap... Just guessing but bit stiffer rear seems to able bit faster phase though being quite much difficult to handle...

Heh hope to see or hear about ARB setting those faster guys have come up with or have they run on stock :odd:

ODB
Yeah it sure is hard work to keep it steady even with T300...

And adjusting arb's is bit complicated but doable so just try to follow me here... First you must get a degree in some higher programming language and in quantum mechanics and then obtain an old cathode ray tube TV and a microwave owen...

Use your new found knowlegde to construct a teleport from objects mentioned above but be REALLY careful when programming the software for even though you might be able to build teleport quite easily just one bug in the program and you might die in the process or get stuck in to the virtuality for the rest of your days :scared: I mean good thing in being a digital entity is that you basically live for ever, if someone just keeps the game running that is :rolleyes:

So after double triple and quadra checking the software jump in to the teleport you've constructed (you learn this on 3rd year studying quantum physics!) and push "go" and soon enough you'll find yourself from the game itself :eek: amazing :eek: now jump in to you falcon, enter the event and once on the track starting the lap and as it says "manual control" start climping out from the side window (bring the virtual wrench along!!) and make your way under the hood and start adjusting!! When complete maneuver yourself to to the trunk and repeat!! Takes a lot of work but car climbimg is ton of fun when you start getting the idea :dopey:

Then again if you consider yourself more of a spiritual type than scientific person you could try forming a sort of mental bond with the vehicle, quite difficult and takes great car knowlenge and plenty of time too :rolleyes: I usually start by giving the car proper wash and wax to "brake the ice" and then start getting bit more familiar with the car by taking a look of the cockpit and giving the car some compliments: "wow what a nice seats" and "would love to sit behind that wheel" the main idea never the less is to make the car feel comfortable with your presense so it won't feel raped when you climp in for the first time, if this happens game is over and you have to start studying physics :rolleyes: so when you start getting familiar enough with the car so it won't get offended when you take it out for a spin strart getting to know it better by taking in the bed with you every evening (or if the oil on the sheets bother go to the garage to sleep with it!!) so you'll be the last thing it sees when falling to sleep and first when waking up, be sure to have some fresh oil for it every morning and try to find all sorts of ways to make the car fall in love with you, bring it some flowers etc... This really is quite time consuming but usually after a month or so the car starts being so attached to me that I can start commanding with thought only!! (cars do hear your thoughts anyway, they just won't obey unless they trust you!!) So first make you and the car "become one" and then start throwing commands at it while on the track "CAR give me stiffer rear ARB!" and when this start working you can see a text appearing on the screen telling you the rear ARB's are now at 40/125 or what ever the value is that changed!! At first the car might tease you a bit by changing the front when you ask it to change the rear but don't get angry, it's just testing your trust!!! So let it do it's tricks and after a while you start feeling one with the car and it does exactly what you want!! Heck I've gotten so familiar with this falcon that it'll take me around the track in time 18.8 if I just ask it nicely :dopey: getting low 18's takes some proper rubbing while driving but I've been getting there too so getting to know the car is a great benefit ;)

Or then the 3rd option would be that I stop trying to be a smart ass and just tell you to go assing buttons in the game menu for the ARB's so you can adjust them from wheel buttons while driving (you can't tune the car in the game menu for this event, but changing brake bias and arb's is possible while driving if you just have buttons assigned!!) :D

Thank for the help man!

By the way you are one funny guy, the next time i feel depressed i'll be sure to talk to you lol!:lol: Thanks man!👍

Latest Posts

Back