2016 Pirelli Chinese Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Jimlaad43, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Peter.

Peter.

Plus he was deliberately moving slowly which just makes matters worse in Hulkenberg's case and better in Vettel's. It's not another FIA (Ferrari International Assistance) conspiracy nonsense.

2. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

I've thought that a lot of the newer tracks could use a gardener. Istanbul Park for instance had really dull surroundings besides the actual architecture of the pit building.

Some of the camera angles they used for China were really good as well. Showing the entire carousel onto the backstraight was my favourite.

twitcher likes this.
  3. NW48

NW48

No. Ted Kravitz and David Croft both looked it up in the Rule Book and found that it's perfectly legal. Under Safety Car, there are three exceptions to passing, and that was one of them.

Hulkenburg was deemed driving to slowly and that's why he got penalized.

LMSCorvetteGT2, DK and twitcher like this.
  4. IforceV8

IforceV8

I want to see the rule that says you are not allowed to overtake under a track yellow after pit entry as he claimed in post 405. If for example the Force India has stopped after pit entry and before the pit lane then by his interpretation of the rules every car that entered the pits would have to stop and wait for that car to be cleared.

Because the FIA allowed the rules that dont exist to be broken to help Ferrari get back into the race after a bad start is a load of crap. If there is a copy of a rule stating that and the FIA got it wrong then I want to see it and I wonder why none of the other teams went to the stewards to complain that Ferrari has violated a rule?

As for your presumptions, you are wrong about what I think. I think Vettel was smart to pass both of those cars and the stewards got it right.

I should have done a GTP special multi quote when I said "prove it",my mistake. I was referring to access to a rule regarding yellow's and pit entry and not to his marshal experience. His "expert opinion" means nothing to me without a rule attached.

5. twitcher

twitcher

Check the rules. You are allowed to pass in the put lane, even under yellow or SC. There was nothing illegal about his move.

Edit: just to clarify

"39.8 With the exception of the cases listed under a) to h) below, no driver may overtake another car on the track, [...]
    The exceptions are:
    [...]
    f) Whilst in the pit entry, pit lane or pit exit a driver may overtake another car which is also in one of these three areas."

And here's the rule that the Hulk fell foul of:

"27.5 At no time may a car be driven unnecessarily slowly, erratically or in a manner which could be deemed potentially dangerous to other drivers or any other person. This will apply whether any such car is being driven on the track, the pit entry or the pit lane. [...]"

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    LMSCorvetteGT2, DK, IforceV8 and 2 others like this.
  6. shoemaker

shoemaker

Another cracking race, some great midfield/back racing again, Hamilton's bad luck continues but i think it will all change in the second half of the season. I would give Vettel driver of the day just for that pit lane double overtake, never seen that done before. Also great to have proper qualifying back....this season is shaping up to be a cracker !

DK, twitcher and ukfan758 like this.
  7. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

catamount39 likes this.
  8. catamount39

catamount39

Agreed, the F1 race was the least interesting of all the races this weekend.

9. mustafur

mustafur

As someone who watched the WEC race and F1 race I found the F1 race infinitely more entertaining, unless you judge a race purely by the lead battle.

DK, Cap'n Jack, NW48 and 3 others like this.
  10. catamount39

catamount39

Honestly the battles in GTE and LMP2 in WEC were extremely interesting. But to each his own I guess.

11. twitcher

twitcher

Im onlu part way through the WEC event, so far it's been so so. LMP2 has been good. LMP1 is pretty spaced out, and GTE hasn't seen any screen time other than in the pits. I have zero clue what is happening in GTE.

Indycar was average. Weathertek was average compared to what the first 2 races were.

Best racing of the weekend by far was WSBK from Assen, second after that would be V8SC from PI, third WTCC from Slovakia.

MildAshers likes this.
  12. GroupB

GroupB Premium

I realize it's still early, but my NBCSN TV listings currently show the Russian Grand Prix on tape delay at 4 pm, with English Premier League running all morning.

13. IforceV8

IforceV8

Most likely live on CNBC, qualifying too.

14. GroupB

GroupB Premium

Not listed for any other NBC-owned channel. Only shows up as tape-delayed on NBCSN.

15. Northstar

Northstar Premium

Look harder you must.;)

cnbc.JPG

16. GroupB

GroupB Premium

OK, hopefully my listings will update. Still shows paid programming all morning.