United Kingdom
UK
rio-2016.jpg

image.jpeg

Host City:
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil​
Athletes Participating: 7,363+
Nations Participating: 168+
Events: 306 (Olympics) / 526 (Paralympics)
Opening Ceremony: 5 August (Olympics) / September 7 (Paralympics)
Closing Ceremony: 21 August (Olympics) / September 18 (Paralympics)

Olympics Schedule
67f26946a2d9b576838a3ac2f0f85efd.png
4459b32217c3a2ebecb3c483b66abcf6.png

Paralympics Schedule
1137ff42036eeaba81b4d85c9fb3094b.png
f72f355a7794bfcd2b555105a66b6552.png

Motto:
Viva sua paixão (Live your passion)

wrld-cup.jpg

headings_1545_18310.jpeg

Last edited:
They tried to clean it. And tried is a big word. They also pretty much gave up already.

In the ESPN article where it quotes off a open water swimmer "A little bit of diarrhoea is worth a gold medal". It's probably going to be the last one standing gets gold medal, terrifyingly worrying for anyone who competes there.

Professional boxers will now be allowed in the Olympics, which is a stupid decision if you ask me.
Amateurs from top countries have probably been training for years and could find themselves out the team because a pro wants to go. I don't know if any professionals will go this year since it's short notice but it's possible.
Then the other problem further down the line is that amateurs from smaller countries could get drawn against one of the best in the world which just wouldn't be safe.

Oh man, let the shaming begin...

The water inside the bay is dirty, but around the sugar loaf it can be pretty clean, when the tide is going up. It really depend on where they are going swim, i am not following anything , so i'm not sure where that would be. And yes, the mayor is an absolute 🤬

Last edited:
Professional boxers will now be allowed in the Olympics, which is a stupid decision if you ask me.
Amateurs from top countries have probably been training for years and could find themselves out the team because a pro wants to go. I don't know if any professionals will go this year since it's short notice but it's possible.
Then the other problem further down the line is that amateurs from smaller countries could get drawn against one of the best in the world which just wouldn't be safe.
Tyson Fury has already commented that he wants to go to the Olympics which could be a small chance.

American cyclist TJ van Garderen will not go to the Olympics due to the Zika virus. His wife is pregnant and he doesn't want to take the risk.

Sounds like fun!

Let's just hope a stadium doesn't collapse. :scared:

Last edited:
Sounds like fun!

Let's just hope a stadium doesn't collapse. :scared:

You get a lot of things collapsing or made of a substandard quality when corruption has happened, like the shambles at the Commonwealth Games in Delhi.

I only just found out about the elevated cycle way that collapsed in Rio which was built as part of the Olympics. It happened in April and 2 people died. It cost $12.6 million and a section was destroyed by a slightly large wave which should have been in the mind of the engineers as its RIGHT NEXT TO THE OCEAN! Just looking at it I don't see where the money went, it looks extremely flimsy for something located where it is.

BN-NR129_RIOCOL_P_20160421144235.jpg

Wow the entire Russian Track and Field team has been banned from competing in Rio (apart from one athlete who trains in the US). They are now awaiting a decision to maybe ban the entire Russian squad from going. This Olympics is going to seriously suck!

Apparently, they're doing this because a Russian sports official who moved to US told how he was replacing the doping probes and they believe him. They say, the Sochi doping probes are invalid because Kei-Gee-Bee agents were infiltrating the doping control labs and replacing the urine cans (with their own?). No evidence, no 🤬. Presumption of innocence? Who gives a 🤬.

Some sources also said "Russian footbal team was using doping on Euro 2016" (facepalm.gif). If this is true and they played like this with doping, can they even walk without it? :lol:

I wonder if they find meldonium in the fuel tank of Daniil Kvyat's car.

The Russians are allowed to compete if they can individually show that they are clean.

Pretty much every other national anti doping organisation, USADA leading the pack, is astounded by the decision made by the IOC.

I hope Alexey Lovchev is clean and allowed to compete. I really want to see more super heavyweight weight lifting records

Pretty much every other national anti doping organisation, USADA leading the pack, is astounded by the decision made by the IOC.
As shocking as the verdict is - and, the cynics among us might say, one that defers responsibility to individual sporting federations - I think it's the right one. Athletes who are clean should be allowed to compete, and being banned because someone else cheated is extremely unfair. Assuming that they're guilty until they can prove that they are clean takes things far enough.

Back