2016 Rio Olympics & Paralympics

• Thread starter lxmmy
  • 474 comments
I know right!, just read about it now and all I was thinking was 'what the hell is going on here!'

Man this whole situation involving Ryan Lochete's robbery accusations is getting weirder and just crazier.
Lochte is a freaking idiot and it's now been proven that they all lied about being held up when in reality the bad asses trashed a convenience store bathroom. :rolleyes:
I'm not up to date tonight so not sure but does the non results news go here?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/opinions-current-events.65/
Debatable as it did happen by proxy of the Olympics. If the discussion continues further, a thread there should probably be started. 👍

At first i thought he was crazy when he made his hair white, but this is another level of crazy what he has pulled with these allegations

At first i thought he was crazy when he made his hair white, but this is another level of crazy what he has pulled with these allegations
I heard that was his hair dye mixing with the chlorine and it turned green. You'd think a professional swimmer would know about that.

What I don't understand is why they made up a story at all. If they wanted to cover up their own actions they shouldn't tell a tale that will result in a police investigation!

TB
Lochte is a freaking idiot and it's now been proven that they all lied about being held up when in reality the bad asses trashed a convenience store bathroom. :rolleyes:

Brazil is pissed that he used their stereotypical reputation to cover up being a drunken prat, He can thank his lucky stars he is not still there because they would nail him for this. They obviously confused being at an international sporting event with a spring break frat boy trip to Tijuana :ouch:

Anyone else think he looks like a buff version of The Penguin from 'Gotham'? :lol:

Last edited:
I wonder where the wallet is?

Anyways, if Brazil doesn't want to give any of these 3 imbeciles back we will gladly let them keep the trio.

This fake story of being robbed is just sad. I was watching "Time to Schein" earlier this evening and hearing Adam Schein simply rip apart Ryan Lochte. This whole matter is an excellent way to make your nation look dumb trying to make another nation feel dumb. I'm not going to go to the level of saying Ryan Lochte should be exiled or deported, but this is incredibly dumb. It's an epic fail on many levels.

I've never seen water polo but I wouldn't watch it anyway since I think it sounds cruel to horses.

It's actually a fun but demanding game. 7 a-side footbally-handball in the water. You can only use one hand to catch/throw the ball.

Only bit of the Olympics I care about: Local competitors.

Wrexham have a cycling silver thanks to Vicky Thornley.
Deeside have a taekwondo gold thanks to Jade Jones. Same as 2012.

Just found out that Charlotte Dujardin's horse is Dutch. Surely the Netherlands should get half a gold medal for that?

Is this gonna start WW3? :lol: I swear swim jocks never grow up, probably have the maturity of a 14 year old!

Cgfdnul.gif

We just won another gold, this time in the womens' modern pentathlon ... which is probably one of the last events we expected to win a medal in.

Looks like it's USA vs Serbia, after Serbia demolished Australia.

Honestly it was a case of one team (Serbia) making most of it's shots and other team (Aussies) not making them.

I think USA will beat Serbia, but USA shouldn't take Serbia lightly. I think they won't.

Did any of you see that Men's Handball match between Poland and Denmark? That one went into Overtime with Denmark winning. It was a nuts contest for sure. I describe Handball as "basketball meets soccer/football." But on Twitter, someone gave kind of a more accurate description: water polo without the water. Either way, if you've never seen Handball, you're in for a treat.

Reports are coming in that the Paralympic Game's budget has been dipped into in order to better fund the main Olympics.
That sounds like there's potential for major problems ahead. :scared:

Only 290,000 tickets sold for the Paralympics, around 12% of what's available.

Olympic closing ceremony is tomorrow.

If you thought the Olympics attendance was bad wait till you see the Paralympics attendance with only 12% of tickets sold. They might as well have not even gone to Rio if no one is going to turn up!

GB has won another gold in Men's Kayak 200m, those guys are totally upside down triangle shaped in physique :lol:

So Tom Daley bottled it then unsurprisingly.

BBC should focus more on those that actually win rather than overhyping as always. I heard nothing about the Brownlees until they dominated the triathalon yet I've heard a news story practically everyday about diving boy.

Latest Posts

Back