2016 Rolex Australian Grand Prix

Finally F1 is back in full swing. It's felt like an eternity since last season concluded in Abu Dhabi. Can't wait for tomorrow when they all hit the track. Hopefully the race is a lot better though than last year's snooze fest.

Hopefully the race is a lot better though than last year's snooze fest.
It depends on what you're watching for. I don't think that you'll get an intense fight for the lead, but there are a few interesting sub-plots to watch for.

Cant wait for qualification really. Its gonna be awesome hopefully. Niko might have a good option for the race with his tyre choice, its definitely giving him more versatility than Hamilton's pick.

Will attempt to either say up or get up to watch the race Sunday.

Haas seem to have replaced the grey with white on their livery. We haven't seen it properly yet, so it might just be my sleepy eyes lying to me xD

Haas seem to have replaced the grey with white on their livery. We haven't seen it properly yet, so it might just be my sleepy eyes lying to me xD

Didn't see it myself at first but yep, think you're right.

FUQncYb.png

(Apologies for potato quality)

It looks more grey/silver then white trackside. Seems to look a lot more white in pictures.

I've seen more action at a sleep apnoea conference than in today's practice sessions.

A shame really, a few times it looked like there was going to be a proper bit of dry running and then it went all British again.

Should make the new quali format even more interesting though. Will a top runner slip up and take an early knockout?

Something about it offends my eyes. I think it's that the words "Red Bull" are simply red against blue. I feel they should be bordered in white.
I for one dislike the Red Bull's matte paint. However, the front wing color scheme is quite striking in a frontal view.

Something about it offends my eyes. I think it's that the words "Red Bull" are simply red against blue. I feel they should be bordered in white.

It's not a good look (imo), it needs the white stroke back.

Also, a better shot of the Haas, from a black nose stripe with silver paint they've gone (as shown by @Jimlaad43) to a white paint, the black stripe on the nose is now either grey or silver.

XPB_796025_HiRes-941x529.jpg

It actually looks really effective on television.

For those who watched practice, are there any changes/additions to the FOM graphics? I didn't see anything different in FP1, but missed FP2.
No, nothing new.

Back