2016 Rolex Australian Grand Prix

Haas finishes 6th on debut. USA! USA!

usa-woow-stephen-colbert-4th-of-jult.gif

Great race, great start to the season 👍

Max will be on the naughty step now!

This right here, is why Mercedes are a championship winning group. They adjust rather quickly to the situation to win or gain the most from a bad situation their drivers put them in.
They have made bad strategy moves before and they are quite lucky today.

They have made bad strategy moves before and they are quite lucky today.

Every group has made bad strategies, but blow for blow they are the best and have been the best. Most times it's the drivers that screw that up because of bickering egos. Ferrari had just as much opportunity to do the same thing and thought they had a better shot at the route they went. But if some guy like me can sit here analyze the fact that rear aero wake has been hurting these cars due to the significant aero changes made over testing...then clearly they saw it and realize it was too late.

I don't see the luck in it at all unless it's the red flag but that's an easy cop out.

Can't pass the Haas!

Never mind the fact that it's another "Mercedes wins lol" result, the midfield scrap this year will be terrific. I'm already a fan of Haas, they've set the bar very high for new teams haven't they. Also good to see Ferrari good enough to trouble Mercedes if they get their strategy right, and McLaren not a moving chicane on the straights.

Grosjean's projected lap time at the end of Q1 - the lap he couldn't complete - had him on-target for fourteenth on the grid.

Qualifying isn't the race though.

It's saying something that Nico was within a second at one point and still couldn't get by him and eventually fell back (I'm guessing something happened there though).

Grosjean's projected lap time at the end of Q1 - the lap he couldn't complete - had him on-target for fourteenth on the grid.
What's your point? That was qualifying, and an awful qualifying format to boot. He managed to finish 6th and wasn't holding up everyone behind him in the process. If that's not having the pace to finish 6th, then I don't know what is.

Realistically, Kvyat would have been ahead and Bottas and the two Toro Rossos both should have been, but Haas might ligitimally have top 10 pace, or not far off. They will pick up more points I feel.

Quali pace is completely different to race pace. It was a competitive package from the first lap on.

Latest Posts

Back