2016 STORAGETRUNKS - IRT_NISSMANR32 CHAMPIONFinished 

hey mate I will give your series a miss until I can sort out internet better .. don't want to upset any one or make things harder than what they already are with how the connection works.. any ways nice to meet you ..great series you run .. by far the best one of come across .. very helpful and friendly and great patience.. all the best . hopefully I be back in the not too distant future... cheers luke...

hey mate I will give your series a miss until I can sort out internet better .. don't want to upset any one or make things harder than what they already are with how the connection works.. any ways nice to meet you ..great series you run .. by far the best one of come across .. very helpful and friendly and great patience.. all the best . hopefully I be back in the not too distant future... cheers luke...
Hey Luke mate, i am so sorry, i just dont know how you will get around it.
Noone could see you, and after the 3rd new room you were in, then lag, then dc.
Its so great that you have all the enthusiasm for our series, and would be great if we could somehow get your connection working better.
If you can sort it out anytime Luke, just post your back in the game.

This

Attachments

• 20160514_024438.jpg
    20160514_024438.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 24
here's what i i use for an early (1handed) p2

McLaren MP4-12C '10

all weight reduction , no chassis reinforcement , no oil change , no power upgrades , power limiter at 67.7%
105 60
6.65 16.92
5 5
5 5
7 7
0.0 0.0
0.00 0.00

racing brakes 5 5

lsd 5 20 5

transmission
final gear at 2.900 then max speed at 220km/h (lowest possble)
1st. 6.046
2nd. 4.111
3rd. 3.222
4th. 2.760
5th 2.390
6th 2.090
7th. 1.852
final gear 2.350
hope it helps a few , just wish i had both hands! ;)

@Danny Burke and here's the setup in case you were looking for it , using the small changes perrolocomcqueen made ;)

Here's the setup i used last week and I'll be using it tonight ..
68 - 52
12.60 12.13
4 - 4
4 - 4
7 - 7 or 5 - 7
No camber
-0.10 +0.05

Brakes 6 6

Lsd. 6 / 10 / 6

Downforce 400 - 600

Gears :
-default then final gear to 3.900 , then set max speed to the minimum , then set each gear ,
1st. 5.272 2nd. 3.707 3rd. 2.790
4th. 2.250 5th. 1.900 6th. 1.627
final gear . 3.150

Can't remember the gears so I'll edit this post when i get home ;)

Edit in bold

Last edited:
Red Bull Ring ROUND 1
2.68 miles Forward / Weather Variable Time fixed 15:00

Weather 20%
Time 15.00
Time progression X1
Weather changeability X15
Surface water at start 10%

POST IN OR OUT FOR MONDAYS RACE
15 signed IN

GROUPS WITH TIME DELAYS for RACE 1

Group 1 - Go at Green Light

AP1972AV blue # 72------IN

Group 2 - Go at 30 Seconds

-

Group 3 - Go at 1 Minute
LOS red # 73------OUT
DANNB gold # 7------IN
PARTY orange # 99------OUT

Group 4 - Go at 1 Minute & 30 Seconds
GUEV yellow # 46------IN
UA342 bronze 74------IN
GU1T purple # 31------IN
LOGIC pink # 16------IN

TNT red # 67------OUT
SAMDIG blue # 32------OUT
GRIN green # 28------OUT

Group 5 - Go at 2 Minutes

ERDI black # 13------OUT
DELTA green # 37------IN
MRRAC black # 71------IN

GTSAIL blue # 90------OUT
DANL red # 23------IN

Group 6 - Go at 2 Minutes & 30 Seconds

JFROD blue # 17------OUT

Group 7 - Go at 3 Minutes
JON cherry # 1------OUT
STAR red # 3------OUT

Group 7.5 - Go at 3 Minutes & 15 Seconds

COL orange # 57------IN
LOZZ white # 28------OUT
NISS white # 9------IN

Group 8 - Go at 3 Minute3 & 30 Seconds

AUG green # 91------IN

image.jpeg

DRY TRACK TO 20 MINUTES
RAIN STARTS AT 20 MINUTES GOES TO 100% WET AT 34 MINUTES
TRACK STARS DRYING AT 72 MINUTES
TRACK DRY AT 74 MINUTES BUT WET OFFLINE STOPS RAINING
STARTS LIGHT RAIN AT 75 MINUTES TRACK DRY
RAIN STOPS AT 82 MINUTES TRACK DRY

Last edited:
I want too say ty too all the players at todays race , it was quiet fun for me untill the rain reached 100 %. Apparently thats the max I can manage in the rain , not long after it reaches the 100 & Iam in a world off trouble sadly.

So in the future I will only drive in the dry races iff thats ok , I have chosen too say this because when I look at the settings for all the wet races Iam pretty sure it will begin too rain at a point.

Ps. Please dont come with all kinds off ideas on what I could do , beleive me when I say ,that I have tried it all :)

Well, Mr Racingline,
yes i agree it is very very difficult, however in my opinion it makes it very exciting.
After i have a few stable wet laps i try to push a little too hard and then i spin off, even with my car very safe in the wet
sadly i always try my luck a little too much.
Oddly enough last night i only had 2 major offs, however the unsettled weather brings so so much more excitement.
Even though i did not think it would rain, i still went with TC on 3 and low Drivetrain settings just in case.

MY RACE
Well, firstly amazing Dr Aug, :gtpflag: and congratulations for what i thought would be very very difficult for you guys in g8 and g7.5.

I had a good start and headed off at the head of G3 , i had UA342 not far behind and knew if it rained he was faster, but i was ok and managed to gradually pull away into a clear gap in 2nd place.
It was a while after that the gap increased a lot, so i was very excited.
Then the leader AP19 who started in G1 went awol and i was promoted to the lead, with a good gap back to second.

It started raining at 20 minutes, and even as the spray started, the wet track indicator was at 0% but the grip seemed ok, although the indicator should have been showing a lot more i thought.
I have not experienced the track indicator not working before, so even as the track became very wet, and was very slippy, it still indicated 0% and i was a little confused.
Then suddenly the indicator sprung to life and raced upwards to 90% then to 100%.
Then at the turn before the pity entry i just went straight on and on and on and ok, the indicator 0% something very odd here.
So into the pits for heavy wets, and annoyingly the wrongs side of the bollard so a drive through and now very very slippery still on RH i crawled around and went inside the bollard into the pit and went to HW.
From then i had dropped a long way back, and i have to say, i have done many many wet laps practice, but this did feel a lot more slippy.

As the race unfolded and people spun and recovered i was going up and down the order, sometimes 3rd then a few laps later 5th and it was all much fun, although seeing Aug getting near to the front early on did make me think winning was not now an option with all my messups.

It seemed most gradually built up a bit of confidence and lapping ok, then a spin would put make them go slow again for a while while they built up confidence again, so there were many times i passed drivers when they were on their slow phase, then i would have a big moment and slow down again, while they where on there confidence phase and they would repass me, this happened many times over the 40 minutes the track was at 100%.

At around 70 minutes i just noticed that Niss was going quite a bit faster than me, and just happened to glance at the wet track indicator and noticed it was falling although still raining.
So i speeded up and several pitted for RH but i thought i would stay out on HW for another lap until it was dry offine,
at 72 minutes it was dry and stopped raining and everyone was in for RH, but 2 minutes after the track dried and the rain stopped it started raining again and i was just about to pit but stayed out on HW, but the rain was light for 7 minutes and the track stayed dry so i came in for RH, just messing p the entry again to take my second drive through, very annoying.

It looked like Aug had a good fight with AU342 and Delta for many laps from what i could see.

Again for me it was just so much fun.
I really felt that i could win this race lol, i had a lead of around 25 seconds after 15 minutes if i recall correctly,
i was not making any mistakes, and all my practice just seemed to be working, just running consistent laps at high23s and low 24s.
I knew most of the guys were faster than me but at RBR there are several turns that can bite and loose you a lot of time.
When the rain came, my downfall was relying on the wet indicator even though my eyes could see the track was mush wetter.
But anyway, all through i had some great little fights, and the last 15 minutes as the track dried
then the rain came back again threw it all into confusion again.

Great race at RBR. I found a setup I like and I put in a fair amount of practice without TCS which I think paid off. Dramatic weather changes does make it tough but held it together! I think the torque of the car with a mid turbo means it can kick out quite easily and many a time I was on the grass/facing backwards. I eventually found a little consistency in the wet, low speed/high gear/low throttle, and importantly not spinning out completely too often.

There was no absolutely no beating @DrAug though....BUT he did spin on the last corner in the wet not long after overtaking me, allowing me to overtake back, for position!! ;)

I was of course re overtaken a couple corners later, haha.

Cheers mate, great and deserved win, I have a funny feeling when the rain ramps up in the weather races that not many of us will be able to offer you much in the way of competition :cheers:

I will of course by trying my hardest though :mischievous:

Back