2016 STORAGETRUNKS - IRT_NISSMANR32 CHAMPIONFinished 

@pisquali
Welcome.

Please read
-------------------------

PSN FRIEND
Please ensure you PSN FRIEND me LOGICLINE and others in this series.
I will then send you an invite to our community club lobby where our races are held on Mondays.
Once i have invited you to the community Club you will be able to join our club room.
We often practice in this lobby during the week with the room set to public,
however on Monday Race nights the room is club members only.
Our community club lobby ID is 1016608

FOLLOW ME
Also ensure you follow me
by clicking on my STEPHEN VANN profile picture on the left
then clicking on the follow label.
It is also a good idea to follow other drivers in the series on this forum.

WATCH THREAD
Also ensure you click the Watch Thread label at the top left of this page.

THREAD ALERTS

Click on the Alerts label at the top right of this page,
then on Alert Preferences and tick all boxes.
You will then be alerted to any forum news and new postings.

RULES & REGS
Make sure you read all the rules & regs on page 1 of this thread.

CLEAR CASHE
With full rooms on race nights it is good practice to CLEAR CASHE on GT6
To do this go to the main game screen press start / network / clear system cashe option.
Also for a better connection it is a good idea to restart your router before starting the game.
We also encourage people to use wired connections rather than wifi connections to stop lag.

ON RACE NIGHT
PLEASE ENSURE BEFORE YOU JOIN LOBBY
YOU HAVE RESTARTED YOUR ROUTER
RESTARTERD PSN
CLEARED CASHE
COME STRAIGHT INTO THE CLUB RACE LOBBY
AND NOT LEAVE UNTIL AFTER THE RACE

Event organisers have the right to change any rules or settings in the event of circumstances and fairness

Dont forget - if you are on before 18.10 uk time.

EVERYONE IS TO

RESTART ROUTER - RESTART PSN - CLEAR CASH - AND BE IN NEW RACE ROOM BY 18.15

ALL DRIVERS MUST BE IN THE PITLANE READY TO START AT 18.20 UK AT THE LATEST

UA342 bronze #74 - IN
GTP - @pisquali

Welcome UA i put you in group 5 fopr tonights test race.
You start 2 minutes after the green light.
We have a full reset at UK time 16.10
then rejoin to new room.

Dont forget - if you are on before 18.10 uk time.

EVERYONE IS TO

RESTART ROUTER - RESTART PSN - CLEAR CASH - AND BE IN NEW RACE ROOM BY 18.15

ALL DRIVERS MUST BE IN THE PITLANE READY TO START AT 18.20 UK AT THE LATEST

WATCH THREAD

THREAD ALERTS

RULES & REGS

CLEAR CASHE
To do this go to the main game screen press start / network / clear system cashe option.
Also for a better connection it is a good idea to restart your router before starting the game.
We also encourage people to use wired connections rather than wifi connections to stop lag.

ON RACE NIGHT
RESTARTERD PSN
CLEARED CASHE

Last edited:
Ok cool Gt shall I move you to G5 ?

Yes, go ahead. I'm probably half-way in-between the two groups, but its probably better to have me start in the next group with Delta and MrRacing and give them some company.:)

Damn it! Looks like my PS3 is dying guys. It keeps shutting down by itself and the red light starts flashing on the front! :( Fairly good timing with me going away on my trip I guess :) But shame I'm out of the race! It's done pretty well, I still have one of the original fat 60gb consoles!

image.jpeg

I've had this exact console since release in 2007. Amazed it's got this far! I'll see how it gets on over the next week, but may have to withdraw from the next couple of races :( no point racing if I get shut down every time!

Shame as I was having a nice battle with @nissman in the opening laps of that race! Hope the race ends well for you all! Maybe see you on track soon!

Damn it! Looks like my PS3 is dying guys. It keeps shutting down by itself and the red light starts flashing on the front! :( Fairly good timing with me going away on my trip I guess :) But shame I'm out of the race! It's done pretty well, I still have one of the original fat 60gb consoles!

View attachment 544995

I've had this exact console since release in 2007. Amazed it's got this far! I'll see how it gets on over the next week, but may have to withdraw from the next couple of races :( no point racing if I get shut down every time!

Shame as I was having a nice battle with @nissman in the opening laps of that race! Hope the race ends well for you all! Maybe see you on track soon!

Sounds like its dying because it cant breath I think , my laptop did it too me earlier on the day , so I cooled it down and made more freash air for it , so far it hasnt done it again , maybe its the same with your OLD ps3 loz :)

Edit. I also have placed a fan just in front off my ps3 , its also working overtime trying too cool it self down , and I can just now hear my laptop wants too have a break......

View attachment 544995

I took mine completely apart last year, and found tremendous dust build-up on heat sinks, fan, inside power supply box, and throughout mother board. Took me an hour, and was extremely simple. A rag, 2 cans of air-dust, a brush with long soft bristles. Temp of air exiting my ps3 lowered considerably

View attachment 544995

Loz, i had the same on my old psn that model.
It runs so hot that it all overheats after time and all the solder on the mother board gets brittle.
There is a fix on youtube, basically take the whole thing to bits and put motherboard in the oven to remelt solder.
It takes a while, but youtube tells all how to.
I did mine, it worked for 3 months then quit again.

Hi guys, may I join the series please, cheers.
Hi Andy
PLEASE READ
PSN FRIEND
I will then send you an invite to our community club lobby where our races are held on Mondays.
Once i have invited you to the community Club you will be able to join our club room.

FOLLOW ME

WATCH THREAD

THREAD ALERTS

RULES & REGS

CLEAR CASHE

ON RACE NIGHT
RESTARTERD PSN
CLEARED CASHE

Test Race 2 - Mon 9 May - Dry Race
Deep Forest Raceway
2.24 miles Fixed weather Fixed time 11:00

THE RACE MUST START AT 18.30UK AND NO LATER
ENSURE YOU ARE IN THE PITLANE WITH A FRESH CONNECTION AT 18.15UK LATEST.

TIME DELAYS

Group 1 - Go at Green Light

Group 2 - Go at 30 Seconds

Group 3 - Go at 1 Minute
LOS red # 73----OUT
DANNY gold # 7 ------ IN

Group 4 - Go at 1 Minute & 30 Seconds
ERDINK black # 13----OUT
GUEVEN yellow # 46 ------ IN
GRIN green # 28----OUT
GU1T purple # 31----OUT
LOGIC pink # 16 ------ IN
TNT red # 67-----OUT
SAMDIGBY blue # 32----OUT

Group 5 - Go at 2 Minutes
DELTA yellow # 37 ------ IN
UA342 bronze 74 ------ IN
MRRACING black # 71 ------ IN
GTSAIL blue # 90 ------ IN

Group 6 - Go at 2 Minutes & 30 Seconds
JFROD blue # 17-----OUT
DAN red # 23 ------ IN

Group 7 - Go at 3 Minutes
COL orange # 57 ------ IN
LOZZ white # 28 ------ IN
NISS white # 9 ------ IN
JON cherry # 1 ------ IN

STAR red # 3-----OUT

Group 7.5 - Go at 3 Minutes & 15 Seconds
AUG green # 91 ------ IN

Group 8 - Go at 3 Minute3 & 30 Seconds

TIMING SHEETS

After 5 Min

image.jpeg

After 30 Min
image.jpeg

After 60 Min

image.jpeg

After 90 min

image.jpeg

Final Result
image.jpeg

Last edited:
A race to enjoy :cheers:
I tryed to make less mistakes in this race :-) ....had a good fight with Srt and Logic...
...twice I was a propelled chicane for the faster guys. Sorry for the trouble aughablo, nissman and colossos :rolleyes:
I hope the overtaking was not to agressive Stephen.

Great win @DrAug !!

And both Colossos (@andp132) and @nissman had fantastic pace:bowdown:, until lack of fuel required one more stop:(

I had a very nice race for the first 50 minutes or so until the PSN decided to disconnect me:( At first chasing hard after @DeltaJuliet until he pulled away a bit, and then managing to stay in front of @SRT DK Racing for a while and then trying to stay on his rear-bumper for a bunch of laps, all the while slowly edging closer to @Danny Burke who had the race lead for a long long time:tup:

After 30 Min

^^^^^Notice the margin I have over DannyB at the 30 minute mark:. My tires were just about gone, so I think that this was the last lap on the first set of RH tires. My memory of this lap was that DannyB was glued to my rear-bumper and it was all I could do to get around to the end of the lap and limp into the pits:yuck: I hope I wasn't too much in the way:ill:

:cheers:Sail

Last edited:
My Trial Mountain race
Amazing Dr AUG and also to Niss and Colossos, truly remarkable that you could come from so so far behind and still unlap and get to the front and win, i though it would be a real struggle for you at that track.

Sorry to all you guys that Dc'd Jon - GTsail - Delta - and Lozza psn going bad on him.
It does sort of take the shine off the race when i know how many laps they put in practice to be thrown away by PSN Dc's.

All my practice was to try to be consistent, as being fast is not a strong point for me.
All was good until i touched the grass on exit of turn 1 about 15 minutes into the race, Jon was closing me down to unlap himself and i was trying to work out how long and where i could move over to let him through, just touched the grass and span to the left. When i cam to rest i couldnt pull away, as i was in a depression in the grass and the car would not move at all, it was like i was hooked on something, a few back and forward shunts got me moving but it took around 35 seconds to get going again, lol, i never practiced not crashing at turn one either, that will teach me.

Up until then i had good race with Gueven, and through the race kept finding Delta and had some good little battles.

The Group comittee will make final group adjustments for Race 1 at Red bull ring next week.
RACE 1
Red Bull Ring
2.68 miles Forward / Weather Variable Time fixed 15:00

Weather 20%
Time 15.00
Time progression X1
Weather changeability X15
Surface water at start 10%

Last edited:
Welcome Luke.

Please read

-------------------------

PSN FRIEND

FOLLOW ME

WATCH THREAD

THREAD ALERTS

RULES & REGS

CLEAR CASHE

ON RACE NIGHT
RESTARTERD PSN
CLEARED CASHE

POST BACK YOUR CAR NUMBER AND COLOUR

Last edited:
Back