2016 SuperGT ThreadTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Godarm
  • 343 comments
Yay. My two favourite cars win. Race is available to watch again.

Shame about the Drago Modulo car though. It's the teams last race. They're replaced by a new team next year strongly rumoured to contain a certain Jenson Button driving for it.

Whole lot of Lexus up front, Honda bringing up the rear, and Nissan cruising in the middle. Hopefully next year is more competitive for Honda, this year was quite ugly for them. Did I hear they cop a weight penalty just for being mid-engined? Seems to me like it's not necessary.

Welp, that race didn't go as planned for me. Good thing to see GSR on podium again, though. Been a while.

Awesome to see GSR and Orido on the podium, and the Prius to make a great show on it's swan song for the series. Hopefully Subaru does better next year - really weird endurance issues towards the end of the race.

Whole lot of Lexus up front, Honda bringing up the rear, and Nissan cruising in the middle. Hopefully next year is more competitive for Honda, this year was quite ugly for them. Did I hear they cop a weight penalty just for being mid-engined? Seems to me like it's not necessary.
Not recently. They got an extra 50KG back in the original NSX days when they were winning too often. The governing body was going to let them off with it when the DTM chassis rules arrived but Honda ASKED for it to stay in place!

HondaNSX_TeamMugenPre2017P_1440x655c.jpg

How long since we have seen this? A GT500 NSX with a #16 on the sides.

Back