2016 SuperGT ThreadTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Godarm
  • 343 comments
I understand Toyota have money but, is the LC body going to take over from the RCF GT3 and 86 GT3 programs(not to mention the Prius as well)? Admittedly, not a bad way to get all your sports coupes(and a hybrid) into one series.
I highly doubt that. I'm sure the RC F GT3/GT300 will stay. And the 86s that run in GT300 really aren't Toyota's at all. They just have an 86 body on them. Not sure about the future of the Prius following 2016, however.

Ok, so no threat of a "works" 86 beating the "works" RC F and Prius. Just thought it would be silly to have a Prius beating the RC F in the same family of manufacturer. Doesn't look good for Lexus.

A similar thought was brought up with Nissan in the VASC program. Wouldn't look right to have 2 R35s losing to 2 Altimas on the same team.

It's back 👍

2016-thai_image.jpg

http://supergt.net/news/single/16534
As 2016 season moves into the last phase of battles, the AUTOBACS SUPER GT Round 7 “BURIRAM SUPER GT RACE” will be held at Chang International Circuit in Thailand on October 8 and 9. With only three races remaining in the season (two races are scheduled for the final round in Motegi), the outcome of upcoming Thai race can even decide the destiny of the championship.

can't wait for uploads/ stream. Happy weekend watching guys!

Last edited:
If I have my timezones correct, the race is Sunday at 1am Pacific/4am Eastern. I'm assuming Nismo TV will be streaming again

ok, here we go -> qualify!

Flash report - https://supergt.net/news/single/16549

Course record
GT500 - at the very end of the session with a fantastic run by Yuhi Sekiguchi in the No. 19 WedsSport ADVAN RC F. Sekiguchi’s time of 1’24.307 gave him his first pole position in the GT500 class.

GT300 - Takamitsu Matsui in the No. 25 VivaC 86 MC that scored the fastest time of 1’32.102 to come from behind and claim the class pole.

Last edited:
Hindy reporting in the live stream that there is a rumour going around that Jenson Button will be testing a Honda GT500 car next week ahead of a slot in the Drego Modulo car.

Just caught up on the Thailand race.

Great stuff all around, shame the Motul GT-R had a run-in with a GT300 car. Epic stuff from Jann at the end in GT300, needed a few more laps.

I wish one day Super GT would come down to Australia... Super GT at Phillip Island sounds like a dream.
Bring this to the USA and run it during the Long beach GP weekend. Then my dream of a Cadillac Super GT would be that much closer

Bring this to the USA and run it during the Long beach GP weekend. Then my dream of a Cadillac Super GT would be that much closer
Considering 6 or 7 teams didn't make the (relatively) short trip to Thailand, I can't another overseas race any time soon. Besides, you'd need a much bigger track than Long Beach! Even IMSA runs reduced numbers there.

Living my dream, aren't you?!

Amazing pictures! Glad to see you soaked up the atmosphere and had a good time~

I've been up for the 1000k every year since they went to the new regs. I think this is going to be annual event for me. You're in Amagasaki?

I've been up for the 1000k every year since they went to the new regs. I think this is going to be annual event for me. You're in Amagasaki?

Oh, no. The location in my profile is just a reference to my username, I live overseas in the states

Back