2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So possibly 35 entries for Indy. Awesome. Also neat to see the official weight figure for the car at Indy with the car being made heavier for different enhancements to the SWEMS in the car. Not sure if this applies to the entire season or not, but the car is now required to weight 1,610 lbs or 730.28 kg for those that want to try to make stuff on GT6 work.

Barber was fantastic! Great job by Montoya to make up so many spots, and a fantastic fight between Simon and Graham for the win! The only thing that could have made it better would have been if the guy who posted the race on YouTube hadn't spoiled the winner in the description. :banghead:

0429161700.jpg

Some good mail arrived today.

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! :banghead: There goes my one shot at an Indycar race this year. :indiff:
Isn't Rhoad Island close to Nowhere USA as well?

Very disappointing news! I guess it is a good thing I basically forgot to go forward with buying a ticket when I was browsing the options just last week! The only positive I can think of is that viewing the Italian GP will be easier since I won't be staying at my Grandmas and trying to use her TV, as well as juggle time to make the event.

But honestly, I was getting so excited at the idea. Not only to see Indycar in the streets of Boston, but the support races as well. And since I was gonna get a pit pass, touch and smell the cars as well. Getting the whole sensory package. And for a very good price, all things considered.

If I understand right, the disagreement was that instead of 0 taxpayer dollars being spent towards it, there indeed would be funding partially through taxpayer dollars, even though the race organizers did not want that...There's more than 1 billionaire in the city, and at least 50-100 millionaires, yet nobody private nor public wants to help fund an entertaining race??

The only other legitimate concern I came across was the excess PCBs crap in the soil in the area of Cypress St. they want to expand for the pits and whatnot. But even in the article it is quoted that if they don't dig, the concerns are not big.

Why the relationships between the organizers and the state were so bad, I don't exactly know, but it feels even more revealing to what was already a known problem with the MA government. The Harold article says John Casey had never even met Mayor Walsh, so that alone is incredibly unhelpful!

Seems that provisionally it is going to be moved to Providence, RI.....not too fond of it being farther away. Means if I convinced myself to go I gotta drive even further and stay at a hotel instead of my cozy grandma's!

Another good 2-3 hours, yeah. "Close".

It doesn't surprise me that this would happen. The Boston Herald anda abunch of local politicians had been openly against the race since it was announced and it seemed as though every single political landmine that could be thrown up to stop the race had been flung as an excuse to rout the mayor of Boston in the upcoming elections...

I think a race at Watkins Glen, Gateway or Loudon might work... Knowing Indycar, they'll probably just schedule the Toronto weekend as a double-header without telling anybody.

Another good 2-3 hours, yeah. "Close".
It doesn't surprise me that this would happen. The Boston Herald anda abunch of local politicians had been openly against the race since it was announced and it seemed as though every single political landmine that could be thrown up to stop the race had been flung as an excuse to rout the mayor of Boston in the upcoming elections...

I think a race at Watkins Glen, Gateway or Loudon might work... Knowing Indycar, they'll probably just schedule the Toronto weekend as a double-header without telling anybody.

Loudon would only be good if they ran the road course and not just the boring oval. But the NH demographic seems to only know what NASCAR is so it probably wouldn't fill the stands unfortunately. I can see some MA people enjoying a trip in the woods, but it would be a bit of an up hill battle unless they hit it just right.

Watkins Glen would probably be great though.

It's a new month of racing in the IndyCar Series. This is no ordinary month, though... it's May. And that means only one thing- Indianapolis is calling. Here are the major races coming up this month:

* May 14: Indianapolis (Road Course)
* May 29: Indianapolis (Oval Course)

Can't believe the Indy 500 will run its 100th rendition this year. The first Indy 500 I followed was back in 2000 or so. Either 1999 or 2000. As I like to call this month, it's "May Madness." This is where you'll see these cars race at their fastest in full anger. The road course is pretty tough, but not entirely brutal. Gran Turismos 5 and 6 are good practice for me with the road course.

Also in terms of Indianapolis... I hope you love the ESPN/ABC networks, because they'll be the ones showing the racing action from Indy this month.

It's a new month of racing in the IndyCar Series. This is no ordinary month, though... it's May. And that means only one thing- Eddie Cheever is calling.

Fixed. No offense John but after what was said during the ABC broadcast of the Indycar race in St.Petersburg, this is basically what we're bound to hear.

Fixed. No offense John but after what was said during the ABC broadcast of the Indycar race in St.Petersburg, this is basically what we're bound to hear.
You mean, the Indy 500 practice race?

Not exactly the location I was hoping for but hey, another race would be nice. 👍 And by being non-championship some shenanigans is bound to happen. :D

Flyaway race to China in the pipeline?

After the failure of the Dubai event that was supposed to happen in 2014/15, I'll take this with a truckload of salt. Brazil wasn't their fault for 2015, but why didn't they go to another track for 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back