2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 1/2 actually, Mid-Ohio, Pocono, 1/2 Texas, Glen, and Sonoma.

I think JPM will be out and go play with his remote control airplanes if he can not hitch a ride with Porsche in the WEC. Helio could be done too with only 2 wins in 3 1/2 yrs in the best team, not good enough.

TK is another guy who is Kimi like and playing the role of #2 driver in a series that has no #2 drivers. 4 wins since 2008 vs and only 1 with TGR when his teammate has 6 wins and a championship. Chilton and Kimball are both bringing sponsors to those cars so they will have a seat until the checks stop clearing.

Guys at Andretti are probably looking for a way out rather than worrying about keeping their seat right now. RHR looks good in yellow and could come to love Penzoil. Marco has no better place to go and will have a seat as long as the car has a sponsor. Munoz needs more backing to keep that seat and Rossi is at the crossroads between being a out of work F1 driver and becoming a new career as a Indycar driver. His only F1 option is likely a move to Haas and that is probably a stretch.

Reportedly Tim Cindric hates Graham Rahal and he already raced for Chip so there is no better place for him to be at the moment. He does need a full time teammate though.

Josef staying at ECR would be good for the series but it will be tough for him to ignore a call from The Capt. or Chip.

Foyt needs to clean house, my crystal ball has a LMP2 seat in the future for Hawksworth and Sato can go back to Japan. Daly can go there but that is nothing more than a lateral move at best.

Coyne TBD and TBD are the favorites for those seats.

SPM seems locked in but either one of those guys could take TK's seat in a heartbeat.

Seb has been described as the worst teammate ever by Katherine Legge and that lone wolf mentality might play at Penske it would not at TGR or Andretti so I doubt he is going anywhere.

Personally I think Tony Kanaan will be dropped before Juan Montoya, I definitely think Montoya has one more year, the pace is still there, just seems to be missing it on set up, as you've pointed out Kanaan has done stuff all, and isn't going quick enough to race as support for Dixons title push,

Personally I think Tony Kanaan will be dropped before Juan Montoya, I definitely think Montoya has one more year, the pace is still there, just seems to be missing it on set up, as you've pointed out Kanaan has done stuff all, and isn't going quick enough to race as support for Dixons title push,
I dont know if JPM's heart is in it anymore and he has made several unforced errors this year.

Add this guy to the silly season roster. http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/132167-rosenqvist-gets-ganassi-indycar-test

After reading the article, I see he wasn't completely bad. However, if he pulls a stunt like before, I don't think this series could survive.

Well considering it was his family that ousted him (which was a surprise in itself at the time), I can only guess that they felt he won't do anything stupid this time.

Why would Target leave? The note at the bottom hints at a change in management, along with a loss of true ad knowledge, but still.... That is just sad....

Good luck to the team for being able to get a good sponsor! :(

When I think of Chip Ganassi Racing, I usually think of Target. I couldn't fathom some other sponsor besides Target for a proven team like Ganassi. That's even if they (for example) had Wal-mart as a sponsor. Even still, I know Ganassi Racing for Target.

Why would Target leave? The note at the bottom hints at a change in management, along with a loss of true ad knowledge, but still.... That is just sad....

Good luck to the team for being able to get a good sponsor! :(

Will be hard to not see a single Ganassi car in this series without Target.

Seems like a lot of the traditional sponsors seem to be getting some new management that are anti-racing.

As if Target are leaving! When I was growing up Indycar and NASCAR were always so interesting to me growing up in Australia. Sponsors like Target with CGR, 7 Eleven with Andretti, and McDonald's with Newman Haas in Champ Car were always instantly recognisable and made remembering drivers and heck easier for me personally. Now that Target are leaving I feel like I've lost a little bit of Nostalgia. It could just be me, but I feel like having big name sponsors in the series adds more credibility to the series. It makes it feel more important as large companies are putting faith in the series that they'll be getting enough exposure and that the series is large to be considered feasible for sponsorship.

As if Target are leaving! When I was growing up Indycar and NASCAR were always so interesting to me growing up in Australia. Sponsors like Target with CGR, 7 Eleven with Andretti, and McDonald's with Newman Haas in Champ Car were always instantly recognisable and made remembering drivers and heck easier for me personally. Now that Target are leaving I feel like I've lost a little bit of Nostalgia. It could just be me, but I feel like having big name sponsors in the series adds more credibility to the series. It makes it feel more important as large companies are putting faith in the series that they'll be getting enough exposure and that the series is large to be considered feasible for sponsorship.
Unfortunately its just new management stupidity, like Home Depot leaving NASCAR.

Target hasn't been doing all that great financially (the Canada flop doesn't help either), hence the new management and reducing the amount of big endorsement deals they have.

Dixon lead P1

Coc-HpXXgAAioXR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back