2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wings tend to fall off when they are used as weapons. Team Teflon seems able to take out all championship contenders today and race control seems oblivious to it.

Hawksworth takes a huge hit. He's okay at least.

Edit: Aleshin hits Newgarden on pit road. He was doing so well, too.

*cough6thcough*

Yellow...maybe.
Yeah they did a great job running low 1:06's while everybody else ran 08's and a timely smack of the fuel stick made for a quick stop. More teams would have success if they got followed the Coyne cars into the pits and followed their strategy.

CouJB5IUkAAPdKr.jpg

Gateway looks to be back on the schedule for next year in August, my guess is it will replace Pocono. http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/132706-indycar-gateway-set-to-join-2017-race-slate

2017 Schedule coming into focus. Confirmed dates.

3/12 St.Pete
Need a date here
4/9 Long Beach
4/23 Barber

4/29 ? Phoenix http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...indycar-race-bodes-well-2017-return/82478362/
5/13 Indy GP
5/28 500
6/3-4 Detroit DH

6/10 Texas (not confirmed yet)
6/25 Road America
7/9 Iowa
7/16 Toronto
8/6 Mid Ohio

8/? Gateway
8/? Pocono
Sept Glen
9/17 Sonoma

Last edited:
For those unaware, Indy 500 participant Bryan Clauson passed away following a crash at the Belleville Nationals last night. Nothing but condolences for his family. He definitely was an example that dirt racing was still very much a way to get up the motorsports ladder.

As long as the aero is good looking I'm fine with it. Can't believe Ford, Mazda or Nissan haven't joined or mentioned anything.

With Mazda supplying the Indy Lights, I'm both surprised and not surprised they haven't gotten into the big cars. Why thin themselves out further, but also, why not?

Ford and Toyota are concentrating on NASCAR (which they don't build engines for, but.... (shrug) ). So does GM, but....

Nissan is in F-1 (sort-of), and most everyone else is in endurance racing. For now.

Hope Indy Car can attract several! I would love to see multiple (well, more than 2 ;) ) manufacturers!

Just fine with getting rid of aero kits. It'll help with costs, and the kits from both look more/less the same now.

With Mazda supplying the Indy Lights, I'm both surprised and not surprised they haven't gotten into the big cars. Why thin themselves out further, but also, why not?

Ford and Toyota are concentrating on NASCAR (which they don't build engines for, but.... (shrug) ). So does GM, but....

Nissan is in F-1 (sort-of), and most everyone else is in endurance racing. For now.

Hope Indy Car can attract several! I would love to see multiple (well, more than 2 ;) ) manufacturers!
Nissan isn't in any way touching F1, Honda is though. However, its a different branch of Honda that's doing the McLaren engines. HPD takes care of North America and sportscars, whilst Honda Japan (I assume Japan, could be a Euro based shop though) does everything else basically. Nissan though is shrinking overall it seems, not wanting to do much from appearances, that or their regrouping. GM has the masterminds of Pratt & Miller, so whatever GM wants to do, they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back