2016 Volvo S90 & V90: Previewed through... a scale model?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Grandea GTR
  • 80 comments
  • 9,033 views
I wonder if Volvo will make this a V8 Supercar for 2017? Seems to have some sort of potential.

I actually don't mind the rear, the front is a little boring though.
 
V90 spied without camo.
volvo-v90-2017-rear.jpg


volvo-v90-2017-rear-front-interior.jpg
 
A bit underwhelming after the Concept Estate, I was hoping for something much bolder.

But on the other hand it's probably a much more functional design, and I guess that's what it comes down to if you actually want to sell cars.
 
The rear end of the thing would've looked much better if they hadn't continued the taillights toward the number plate at the bottom of the vertical part of the taillights.
 
That front end is very Mercedes Benz-y.
 
I know I'm pulling at straws, but I really can't unsee this.

upload_2016-1-2_17-21-51.png


upload_2016-1-2_17-22-3.png
 
Apart from the contemporary Volvo detailing, that's a very generic E-classesq shape.
 
It looks incredible.
 
Given how impressed I was with the sedan at NAIAS, the wagon (at least to me) only seeks to improve what critiques I had. It greatly improves the look of the rear compared to the S90, adds the wagon capability, and will add more headroom to the back (more is always better). I'm wondering what kind of price they'll be calling for on this over the sedan, and when-oh-when this design language will flow down to the S60/V70.
 
Good lord, what a beautiful interior!
 
when-oh-when this design language will flow down to the V70.
That's most certainly never going to happen, due to the fact the V70 is going off production this year. In fact the V90 is the car which is going to replace the V70, so I guess saying that the V90's styling has reached the V70 is somewhat not incorrect.
 
That's most certainly never going to happen, due to the fact the V70 is going off production this year. In fact the V90 is the car which is going to replace the V70, so I guess saying that the V90's styling has reached the V70 is somewhat not incorrect.

I wonder if there will be a V90 XC, or if the XC90 is supposed to replace the XC70?
 
Did anyone else notice that the sedan tail lights are actually Dane Axes? Forget Thor's hammer; this is the most glaring nod to Vikingdom in the whole car.

Too bad they're so freaking ugly. :lol: Thank god for Swedish wagons.
 
I wonder if there will be a V90 XC, or if the XC90 is supposed to replace the XC70?
Considering that they even have one made out of the S60, I'd be surprised if they won't eventually make a V90XC.
 
In fact the V90 is the car which is going to replace the V70, so I guess saying that the V90's styling has reached the V70 is somewhat not incorrect.

Really? The S90/V90 is so much larger, though. I'd have suspected that Volvo would need a mid-size model to fill that slot... Particularly when the V70 and S60XC just got their new stuff this year.

I guess we are waiting for the new platform and engines to trickle down. And the new S40. And the new S60. Yadda yadda yadda.
 
I wonder if Volvo will make this a V8 Supercar for 2017? Seems to have some sort of potential.

Hop on over to the (V8)Supercars thread.
:'(
 
Automotive industry: Trying to sell cars for 15-year-olds since 2013.
 
It reminds me of the Fiata with the body inside the rear lights.

 
Back