2016 VRR World Endurance Championship [PlayStation 4]Open 

• Thread starter Eva
  • 136 comments

Should we limit everyone to just first person cameras?

• Yes, definitely

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • No, please god no.

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eva

Founder of VRR
Premium
United States
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America
BlackRose_Atomic
For those unfamiliar with Virtual Reality Racing, we aim to deliver the best, most competitive racing accessible to as many people as possible. For almost 2 years, we have been doing a Super GT Series, which concludes its final GT6 season in June. We feel like it is time to explore further racing on other games, and this is where that begins. It's time to open up a new chapter.
NOTE: Full Regulations will be added on July 1st, 2016
Test Day: Hockenheimring Baden-Wurttemburg/31 July 2016
Round 01: 1 Hour of Silverstone/Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit/06 August 2016
Round 02: 1 Hour of Imola/Autodromo Enzo i Dino Ferrari/20 August 2016
Round 03: 1 Hour of Spa-Francorchamps/Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps/03 September 2016
Round 04: 1 Hour of Le Mans/Le Circuit Bugatti/24 September 2016
Round 05: 1 Hour of Nurburgring/Nurburgring GP Circuit/08 October 2016
Round 06: 1 Hour of Brno/Automotodrom Brno/22 October 2016
Round 07: 1 Hour of Dubai/Dubai International Circuit/05 November 2016
#36: GTP_RACECAR/Alpine
#73: TDZ-4-12-14-88/Oreca 03
#8: bgmotorsports81/Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
#26: GTOS_Polarbear_/Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
#37: cshardy62096/Cadillac ATS-V.R (Solaris Motorsports)
#38: BLANEeyyyx89/Cadillac ATS-V.R (Solaris Motorsports)
#51: tvjmdjuphgj/Ruf RGT-8 GT3
#59: Argo_JM2/McLaren 12C
#60: BradLTL/McLaren 12C

Unconfirmed Entries
#6: GTP_GTRacer22/Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
#83: The_Noir_Antares/BMW Z4 GT3

Available Cars
GT3 Class
Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
Audi R8 LMS ultra
Bentley Continental GT3
BMW Z4 GT3
Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3
Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
Ginetta G55 GT3
McLaren 12C GT3
Mercedes Benz AMG GT3
Ruf RGT-8 GT3

Race Weekend Protocol (All times in Eastern GMT-5)
1 90 Minute Practice sessions (3:00-4:30 p.m.)
30 minute Qualifying session (4:35-5:05 p.m.)
60 minute race (5:06-6:06 p.m.)
Rules and Regulations (updated 12 June 2016)​
TBD
TBD
TBD

Last edited:
Race starts slated for 2 p.m. GMT-5

Hurrah!!

One question though: Is there anything going to be done about the massive speed advantage the TS040 and the R18 have? As it stands now, they basically just leave everything else behind on corner exit.

Hurrah!!

One question though: Is there anything going to be done about the massive speed advantage the TS040 and the R18 have? As it stands now, they basically just leave everything else behind on corner exit.
I honestly didn't know they did because the RWD and Marek are hybrid power too. I don't even have the Toyota or the Aston.

I honestly didn't know they did because the RWD and Marek are hybrid power too. I don't even have the Toyota or the Aston.

I did some online races and everytime I was against those two (Either with the Audi or Toyota), I blew them away at the start. I'll do some testing just to confirm it.

Also (didn't even notice this at first), only the Merek is Hybrid, The RWD is just LMP1. So, there may (Or may not) be a chance we could have a case of LMP1-H and LMP1-??(Petrol I guess?)

Edit: Nevermind, RWD is a Hybrid. Just got thrown off by the liveries as some of them have the HY sticker and some don't (Which is just very odd).

I did some online races and everytime I was against those two (Either with the Audi or Toyota), I blew them away at the start. I'll do some testing just to confirm it.

Also (didn't even notice this at first), only the Merek is Hybrid, The RWD is just LMP1. So, there may (Or may not) be a chance we could have a case of LMP1-H and LMP1-??(Petrol I guess?)

Edit: Nevermind, RWD is a Hybrid. Just got thrown off by the liveries as some of them have the HY sticker and some don't (Which is just very odd).
If that is the case, then I would simply leave Toyota out and revert the Audi back to the TDI.

If that is the case, then I would simply leave Toyota out and revert the Audi back to the TDI.

Did some testing late last night around Silverstone and It looks like you won't need to. At least in my hands, both the RWD and the Marek were actually competitive enough to keep up, even faster by a little bit. I guess I just raced people who just weren't used to handling a car with a Hybrid control system like that (which now that I think about it, was kinda to my advantage thanks to GT6 and the Toyota TS030 Hybrid.). I am abit curious about the Aston though since its the only Non-Hybrid in the field.

Last edited:
That's perfect for me. Can I pencil myself in for the Z4 GT3 please?

I know a couple of others who might be interested also.
Car number on the Z4?
Either the LMP1 #80 (RWD I am quite sure) or Mercedes GT3 #80
Might want to double look. The Mercedes involved is the AMG GT3, Free Car #10.

A bit of an update. Added a test day to July 31st at Hockenheim. It isn't mandatory by any means, but it would be a great way to measure the field up before we get to Silverstone.

If only I knew how to tune lol :P
I just know how to not make the car spin and what I need to do to keep the engine from overheating and blowing.

You know what, can you guys specify if you have the following car packs:

Japanese Car Pack
Audi Ruapana Expansion
Aston Martin Track Expansion
US Car Pack

Think it'd be best to mention this series kinda requires these if you're gonna pick certain cars (Corvette, DBR1-2, E-Tron Quattro, etc)

Personally I have the Audi and US packs.

I should probably add that this is a PS4 series.

Welp I still need a PS4 but now I know this series exists, I'm gonna try and speed up the process of getting one :P
If you want to go ahead and make a reservation just in case.

Back